IGNORED

Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

robdood

So long as the player doesnt kill NPCs, ensuring you are always in soul form guarantees your worlds will become pure white at completion; the possibility of shifting towards black from dying is eliminated.

Killing a boss in human form does not give more tendancy percentage shift. It is the same fixed amount per boss kill regardless of form.

https://demonssouls.wiki.fextralife.com/World+Tendency

15 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Hey @CrichStand, would you be able to explain how you actually find the game quite easy because you learnt the game mechanics again? Preferably in at least three paragraphs.

Are you being serious? If not.......can you explain in a couple of paragraphs, why you feel it’s ok to essentially bully people online? You wouldn’t be doing it in person.

14 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

It is surely not easier to get pure white world tendency in human form if it's the only way to introduce the risk of not getting it?

The game was far easier for me in general, when played in human form, from about 3/4 in. That was my experience. So I can’t say anything other than that. I’ve mentioned why that was the case. Not sure why people are having such a problem with it? 

In terms of White Tendency.......you only get invaded in human form. You beat the invaders, you get White Tendency. Combined with the other stuff mentioned I found that easier and quicker than playing in Soul form with less health, dying more often, purposefully killing yourself in the Nexus as you’re not confident you can stay in human form etc.

I feel the way the game is designed, clearly backs up what I’m saying. It’s easier in human form. That is why you can be invaded when in that form. That’s why you can lose White Tendency from being in that form. It balances things out and introduces a brilliant risk/reward mechanic. It’s a lot of fun!

I’ve literally said........try playing in human form ONCE YOU’VE GOT A GRIP ON THE GAME AND KNOW WHAT YOU’RE  DOING. That’s what i did. It helped me no end. That’s why I’ve advised people to at least try it for themselves. It might work for them, it might not.

This place is so weird at times. As soon as you have a differing opinion to “the majority” you’re singled out, deemed a Troll, have your views marginalised and people start insulting you. Yet the whole ethos of the forum is supposedly equality and treating people fairly! 

15 minutes ago, Sie said:

Killing a boss in human form does not give more tendancy percentage shift. It is a fixed amount per boss kill.

https://demonssouls.wiki.fextralife.com/World+Tendency

Thanks for clearing that up! Everything I’d read online said different, and that you should always use a Stone to change to human form before a boss, so you can  get help, and gain more White Tendency from killing the boss.

11 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Are you being serious? If not.......can you explain in a couple of paragraphs, why you feel it’s ok to essentially bully people online? You wouldn’t be doing it in person. 

No I’m just joking, because the last few pages of this thread (which I enjoy reading usually as I gingerly make my way through the game) have been mainly huge posts from you making the same points. Points that I don’t really think anyone disagrees with hugely but you seem intent on labouring your points repeatedly. 

And if you were doing the equivalent in person I probably would make a sarcastic comment, yes. Bullying? That’s a bit dramatic isn’t it?

Anyway a week ago I gave up on the game, but then managed to beat the boss that annoyed me (armour spider), and subsequently beat Adjudicator. I’ve got the Adjudicator shield which is great and did the valley of defilement first level and boss first time! Upgrading my Crescent Falchion and it really feels like I’ve turned a corner. Feel a lot more confident now. I even returned to 1-1 and just enjoyed how effortlessly I could cut through enemies for fun.

I wasn't talking about how difficult the game is, I was just pointing out that Pure White World Tendancy is all but guaranteed if you remain in Soul form while using Human form introduces the chance of jeopardising it for the current playthrough (which I did for World 2).

You can't be invaded after beating an archstones boss and helping other players affects Character Tendancy, rather than World.

Tbh the World Tendency stuff doesn't really matter if you're not interested in trophies etc. I'd have liked to get that Dragon Bone Smasher though.

I would be ashamed & embarrassed to continually lecture people how easy I found Demons Souls if I’d actually just spent days & days over overlevelling myself so by the time I got to the second half my soul level was the same as people on NG+2. 

what’s next? Tips on how to finish Doom with God Mode activated?

18 minutes ago, dizogg said:

No I’m just joking, because the last few pages of this thread (which I enjoy reading usually as I gingerly make my way through the game) have been mainly huge posts from you making the same points. Points that I don’t really think anyone disagrees with hugely but you seem intent on labouring your points repeatedly. 

And if you were doing the equivalent in person I probably would make a sarcastic comment, yes. Bullying? That’s a bit dramatic isn’t it?

Anyway a week ago I gave up on the game, but then managed to beat the boss that annoyed me (armour spider), and subsequently beat Adjudicator. I’ve got the Adjudicator shield which is great and did the valley of defilement first level and boss first time! Upgrading my Crescent Falchion and it really feels like I’ve turned a corner. Feel a lot more confident now. I even returned to 1-1 and just enjoyed how effortlessly I could cut through enemies for fun.

So if I post digs at you designed to single you out, and set everyone else against you, would you be ok with that? If I tell you you’re a Troll and marginalise anything you say, would you be ok with that? Would you be ok if I tell other people that they should ignore your advice/posts, even though your advice/posts are genuine and based on your valid opinions and experiences? Would you be ok if I constantly re-interpret your posts and keep ignoring what you’re actually saying to keep having digs at you? Would you be ok if i tell you that you should be posting in a different way and change how you express yourself and what you say, so that it fits in with other people more?

I’m guessing you probably wouldn’t! It’s bullying behaviour.

If someone does the above stuff then, the person on the receiving end is likely to defend themselves and their views. They’re likely to respond and explain themselves in more detail and expect a fair and rational response in return. 

If you go back in the thread you’ll see that I gave someone advice based on my own experiences with the game. Other people have then started having a go at me for “bragging”, and have continued shit from weeks ago. I just want to discuss the game not have to defend every post I make and my intentions when making them! 

24 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I would be ashamed & embarrassed to continually lecture people how easy I found Demons Souls if I’d actually just spent days & days over overlevelling myself so by the time I got to the second half my soul level was the same as people on NG+2. 

what’s next? Tips on how to finish Doom with God Mode activated?

More Billy Bulllshit! Where am I lecturing anybody? When did I over level myself and complete the game with a NG+2 style character? Why would that matter anyway if someone chose to play the game that way? If you do that and it makes the game easy, are you allowed to come on here and say it was easy, ya know, because it was easy? Will people have a problem with that and tell you you’re playing it wrong and should make the game as hard as possible for yourself.......whilst also giving advice on what you SHOULD do to beat the game?

More importantly......why are you being a total bellend? 

In 2-1 there are now new enemies who are red, take a tonne of damage and can one hit me, is this world tendancy? I have been in soul form virtually the whole time.

If so, is  there a way to turn it white again without killing the boss?

They’re phantoms and I think they are related to Black World Tendency. What I don’t really understand is that they appeared on my game when I was dying in Soul form on World 4. I’d not been in human form so not sure how they appeared. Maybe someone with more knowledge can explain a bit more?

Remember you don’t have to fight every enemy! If something is too hard then just avoid it if possible and return to it later.

There are some black phantoms are just part of the game that you have to beat. Black world tendency can spawn more of them just as enemies though.

@tobert Are you referring to a certain enemy that is down some steps and then on a wide staircase leading up to a big door in 2-1? If so that one is present whatever the tendency I believe.

42 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

There are some black phantoms are just part of the game that you have to beat. Black world tendency can spawn more of them just as enemies though.

@tobert Are you referring to a certain enemy that is down some steps and then on a wide staircase leading up to a big door in 2-1? If so that one is present whatever the tendency I believe.

I’m probably mistaken thinking back, as before it happened I got an invasion message, although it seemed as though it was a CPU controlled character. It was on 4-1 not far from the start. Does that happen in the game at any point to teach you about invasions? 

Don’t think I’ve even encountered that one! Will have to jump back into the level now and have a nose around! 

6 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

It was on 4-1 not far from the start. 

Spoiler

Samurai sword guy? I spoke to him but didn't do his quest, but after finishing the game I read he can be a black phantom if you are on the blacker side of world tendency and have the thing he wants (or something like that).

2 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Probably because I've just realised I'm thinking of 3-1 not 2-1... 

Reveal hidden contents

Crossbow one before Fool's Idol

:doh::lol: Sorry!

Lol! It’s still worked out because I’d forgotten about that Phantom! Meant to go back and take it down, as I just avoided it first time through as it seemed to have infinite health!

No, not that guy, although I’m pretty sure I’ve screwed his quest on my NG+, as I equipped his weapon to have a look at it and he didn’t seem to like that! 

It was on the stairs at the start of 4-1. I was hitting the first few Skellys for some Souls then suddenly got an invasion message and the Phantom appeared at the side of me. First time it had happened, so I panicked especially as I thought you could only get invaded when in human form. I tried to exit the level but got stabbed in the back. Learnt my lesson there.......never turn your back on an invader!

There are two red enemies on the way to the boss on 2-1. One is in the first tunnel after the lift. It's the same type of enemy as all the normal ones but is red, more aggressive, takes more damage and deals huge damage. I have two such enemies on the way to AS.

Found out my kid isn't going to school for at least a couple of week. Home schooling + job = sweet FA time for DS :(

1 hour ago, tobert said:

There are two red enemies on the way to the boss on 2-1. One is in the first tunnel after the lift. It's the same type of enemy as all the normal ones but is red, more aggressive, takes more damage and deals huge damage. I have two such enemies on the way to AS.

Found out my kid isn't going to school for at least a couple of week. Home schooling + job = sweet FA time for DS :(

Ah! I think I know where you mean now! As @FiveFootNinja mentioned, some of the Phantoms appear normally in the levels and are nothing to do with Black Tendency. Pretty sure that after you kill them they don’t reappear, whereas the Black Tendency phantoms do (until you take the World out of Black Tendency).

Here’s how to deal with those particular enemies if you’d like to take a look. If I’ve got the right enemies! If so, it’s a good example of the kind of stuff I was mentioning earlier.........

Spoiler

Don’t fight them. Draw them out then run around to the opposite side of the open lift shaft. They’ll fall in and die trying to get to you. Job done!

Also, make sure you’re using a weapon with Piercing on World 2 and use a Piercing attack, Makes taking the enemies down way easier as they are vulnerable to it.

Was suffering a little back-to-work insomnia, so had a quick go at 5-3 this morning. I think maybe I got the AI stuck in a loop - I went round to the left , saw the cutscene then bumped into the boss halfway round the path. He wouldn't come any further forwards, or let me past, so I was just darting in, doing a hit or two then rolling back. Got him down pretty easily, and then the boss killed herself. For a floor full of plague and horrible babies, the fight was easier than I thought. Hopefully, I won't have to trouble world 5 again. Sludge and status effects aren't my bag.

So I've got 3-2, 4-3 and 1-3 next. Probably 3-2, I think.

Finally started this properly last night after dabbling in the tutorial with a few different classes. Settled on Royalty as I've never gone for a magic build in a Souls game before and I felt like a change. I always just plumped for Knight and ended the game with a fuck off massive sword and shield so wanted to get out of my comfort zone. Turns out  ranged attacks in a Souls game are weird and maybe a bit overpowered? Just running around twatting everyone with Soul Arrow has been a bit of a breeze and not sure if it's just bit a novelty and I miss the in-your-face combat that makes Souls combat what it is. I'm going to run with it though and I haven't invested any souls yet so may veer towards a bit of dex too.

Is a magic/dex or str hybrid build viable?

Everything about this game is fucking spectacular though. Looks and feels incredible at 60fps and the environments are just beautiful. I never played more than a couple of hours of OG DS so this is pretty much a brand new Souls game and I seriously got the Soulsborne feels playing this for the first time since finishing DS3. The sound design is off the chart amazing too, the 'kerchunk!' of a back stab just makes me grimace every time with how brutal it feels.

World Tendency stuff is still utterly baffling though even after reading various explanations of it but I think I'll just play it out and see what happens.

5 hours ago, Steven said:

I'm doing a Magic/dex build and it's pretty cool. I have a sticky bow +5 and crescent falchion +5 and they scale highly with dex/magic respectively. 

I’ve got a +3 Crescent Falchion, where the shit did you get 3x moonshadestone chunks to get to the next upgrade?

3 minutes ago, dizogg said:

I’ve got a +3 Crescent Falchion, where the shit did you get 3x moonshadestone chunks to get to the next upgrade?

You have to put the World containing them into Black Tendency. You’ll then get better drops from the enemies and more chance of getting the items you’re after.

18 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Or the black skeleton back up the stairs from the archstone at the start of 4-2 to be more specific. He drops what you need and he’s very handy for rinsing and repeating.

24 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Any tips on how to approach the differences between this game and the Dark Souls Trilogy? 

Just play Dark Souls 1. It’s an interconnected 3D Metroidvania compared to the Mario 64 style Peach’s Castle hub/world structure of Demon’s. Dark Souls 2 & 3 went back to being a bit hub/spoke. 

Dark Souls 1 is the one. The one being the singular best fucking game ever man.

6 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Or the black skeleton back up the stairs from the archstone at the start of 4-2

He drops bladestone (at a ludicrously low rate, even in pure black world tendency), he doesn't drop moonshadestone. Or at least he didn't the many hundreds of times I murdered him. 

Had a pretty productive session tonight. Killed the Storm King, then explored Upper Latria for the first time, all the way to the boss (who I was doing OK against, until he spawned a friend, the cheeky asshole.) Got a little flustered and healed at the wrong time, and there it was. Still, that feels like it'll fall straightforwardly enough, with luck.

Thought I was well on my way to earning the Platinum trophy as I only have the spells left to get (after farming 4-2 for a Pure Bladestone for almost two hours to earn the final ring) but a few of them ask for the same boss soul so it looks like I'll need NG+2. Gah.

1 hour ago, petrolgirls said:

He drops bladestone (at a ludicrously low rate, even in pure black world tendency), he doesn't drop moonshadestone. Or at least he didn't the many hundreds of times I murdered him. 

Ah, I just assumed that falchion needed similar upgrade materials to the Uchigatana that I was levelling up, what with them both being DEX weapons from the same world.

2 hours ago, Steven said:

Final stage of world 4  - crystal lizards drop them.

You can farm the reaper at the start of 4-2 for them. Make sure you equip the providential ring (raises item discovery). Best way to farm him is to just sprint directly to the end of the upper platform, and drop down somewhere near him, then mess him up. Sprint past and ignore all the wraiths.

Edit - Isnt it darkmoon stone you need for crescent? Ah, the name got changed in the remake! Its dark moon stone on PS3 and Moonshade stone on PS5. So yeah, farm the reapers.