Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

Question - my PWWT has dropped down in World 1.

Spoiler

I killed the Dragon and unlocked the left hand gate, picked up all the goodies and killed the phantom then left. Have been in Soul form the whole time so definitely haven't died as a human. Any ideas?

4-2 was giving me genuine anxiety last night, real put my pad down and wipe my brow style stress. Obviously, all souls games have their share of brown trouser moments but the combination of the hyperactive rolly skellys and then those ghostly shadowlurkers creeping around just messes with your rhythm so much. I actually feel a little underpowered here where I've felt pretty godly up to now. I've accidentally been farming this area though as I keep dying and getting back to my souls so I somehow ended up with 75k on me which doesn't help with the stress.

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Question - my PWWT has dropped down in World 1.

Hide contents

I killed the Dragon and unlocked the left hand gate, picked up all the goodies and killed the phantom then left. Have been in Soul form the whole time so definitely haven't died as a human. Any ideas?

4-2 was giving me genuine anxiety last night, real put my pad down and wipe my brow style stress. Obviously, all souls games have their share of brown trouser moments but the combination of the hyperactive rolly skellys and then those ghostly shadowlurkers creeping around just messes with your rhythm so much. I actually feel a little underpowered here where I've felt pretty godly up to now. I've accidentally been farming this area though as I keep dying and getting back to my souls so I somehow ended up with 75k on me which doesn't help with the stress.

If you went there in white world tendency, Executioner Miralda is an NPC so killing her takes you back towards black

2 hours ago, kempstar said:

If you went there in white world tendency, Executioner Miralda is an NPC so killing her takes you back towards black

Oh right, what a bugger. How come the same doesn't happen with Yurt in Latria? Killed him too or is he not classed the same as he isn't intially aggressive to you?

9 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Oh right, what a bugger. How come the same doesn't happen with Yurt in Latria? Killed him too or is he not classed the same as he isn't intially aggressive to you?

Mainly because hes a c**t.

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Spoiler

Did you kill him there or back at the nexus? As it won't affect anything if you kill him in the Nexus, or maybe it affects character tendency.

41 minutes ago, Minion said:

Hide contents

Did you kill him there or back at the nexus? As it won't affect anything if you kill him in the Nexus, or maybe it affects character tendency.

I killed him as soon as I released him. Apparently (from Fextralife)

Spoiler

In order to prevent this, kill him immediately upon releasing him from the cage in Fool's Idol Archstone or immediately after finding the two unnamed corpses in the Nexus. He is found on the second floor near the unnamed corpse. Killing him as soon as you release him has no effect on character or world tendencies.

Has anyone done the Mephistopheles side quest? I must have completed this game 6 or 7 times now, and every time I say that I will do it at the end.

But I just cant bring myself to go around slaughtering everyone!

Yeah I did it, mostly because I didn't want to leave anything undone.

Spoiler

I just went through a few stages killing the shopkeepers (except Ed because I'm afraid of him) then they appeared in the Nexus upstairs. None of the NPC she asked me to slaughter put up much of a fight.

I'd forged the Northern Regalia before finishing the game (used Nexial Binding to return to the Nexus after picking up the sword below) so it was very powerful while I was Pure Black character tendancy, killing loads of NG+ baddies in 1 hit. A few Black Phantoms I killed changed my character to more neutral though by the time I finished it again though.

39 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Has anyone done the Mephistopheles side quest? I must have completed this game 6 or 7 times now, and every time I say that I will do it at the end.

I’m the same, I’m generally not a fan of killing things that are no threat to me.

One thing you can do is get Yurt to do the majority of the work for you. I let him go through most of the NPCs as I was only after the ring you get for killing Yuria.

43 minutes ago, kempstar said:

I too can't stand doing that but I did it at the end of my first playthrough for the ring for the achievement, I have the platinum now so no more murdering unless I want to turn the world black without dying.

29 minutes ago, Goemon said:

I’m the same, I’m generally not a fan of killing things that are no threat to me.

One thing you can do is get Yurt to do the majority of the work for you. I let him go through most of the NPCs as I was only after the ring you get for killing Yuria.

Im DEFINITELY not killing Yuria.

47 minutes ago, Tomdominer said:

I apologise if this has already been asked but for trophies like "King of Rings", do you have to obtain all the rings with the same character, or can you get them across multiple save games?

same character dude, and I can't just drop them out of my magical arse like in Dark souls 3 so get collecting! 

10 minutes ago, Tomdominer said:

Goddammit. The gold coin farming one is a total arse.

Don't think you need that for any achievement or ring, I've got the platinum and didn't do that?

Yeah you need to trade a gold coin for the Ring of Uneven Scales. Wasn't in the original game apparently.

There's also the new Ring of Longevity which you get as a bonus with the Digital Deluxe edition but otherwise need to trade a Pure Bladestone with the crow.

3 hours ago, Tomdominer said:

You need to get a gold coin to trade with the crow with the terrible voice over to get one of the rings, don't you?

Ahh yeah sorry I think I took that ring as a gift.

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

Yeah you need to trade a gold coin for the Ring of Uneven Scales. Wasn't in the original game apparently.

There's also the new Ring of Longevity which you get as a bonus with the Digital Deluxe edition but otherwise need to trade a Pure Bladestone with the crow.

Yeah, that one was easy. Trying to get a gold coin by farming those Fat Officials is fucking PAINFUL.

1 hour ago, Spacehost said:

I’ve played a bunch of the PS3 version for a laugh, and it’s amazing just how much more readable the game is at 60fps with better lighting, even if it really is almost the same.

Definitely! After finishing this I went back to Dark Souls Remastered on Switch and the 30fps felt horrible. Ended up binning it off and buying the PS4 version for the better frame rate. The 60fps makes a huge difference.