Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

I never completed this back on the day - stopped at 4:2 after not working out the reaper mechanism and constantly dying to the ghostly figures. 

im finding it a breeze this time round. Finished off the Final two bosses in World 4 in just under 90 mins tonight. 

ive just got World 5 (done 5:1)and World 1 (done 1:1 and 1:2) left to do. 

4 hours ago, Uzi said:

Offline /online has no effect on the ps5 version for WT. It's all player end controlled 

Did they also ditch the ability for invaders to interfere with NPCs and other things then? Playing online on PS3 would allow hostile players to mess with your tendency, if they were so inclined.

Edited by Darwock
6 hours ago, joemul said:

I never completed this back on the day - stopped at 4:2 after not working out the reaper mechanism and constantly dying to the ghostly figures. 

im finding it a breeze this time round. Finished off the Final two bosses in World 4 in just under 90 mins tonight. 

ive just got World 5 (done 5:1)and World 1 (done 1:1 and 1:2) left to do. 

Dont stop there, go for the Platinum.

I picked this up with my PS5 the other week and its been a joy to come back to again, although just like riding a bike everything kicked back in and I have been whizzing through it all, I think I just have finish the big boss and then its done, and I dont think I've even used one Demon Soul on an item yet either.

I can't recall if they carry over to NG+?

On 19/03/2021 at 22:14, englishbob said:

5-2 was a bastard. Invisibility magic helped getting around those big boy hitters

Sticky +5 Composite Long Bow and Thief Ring are you best friends here.

1 hour ago, Jerec said:

Dont stop there, go for the Platinum.

I picked this up with my PS5 the other week and its been a joy to come back to again, although just like riding a bike everything kicked back in and I have been whizzing through it all, I think I just have finish the big boss and then its done, and I dont think I've even used one Demon Soul on an item yet either.

I can't recall if they carry over to NG+?

Spoiler

They basically all carry over, but there are exceptions - you need to off Flamelurker again to get Ed doing his stuff even if you didn't hand it over first time through.

Thanks for the info, went to see Ed and go that sorted, now farming Bladestone to get my Uchi up to +5 and also Hardstones to get my other Uchi to +8 so I can get the LSOS and then the ROP from the Crow.

Or maybe the other way around would be easier...

FINALLY. 

VYDtST9.jpg

Have done it twice now. First time I went down and got blown to bits by one of the white floaty things. <_<

Going to get to the boss door, crack and ethereal eye and summon someone to basically destroy the boss for me. Not going through this again. 

Sadly, there were no summon signs, so I took a crack at him by myself, and had him one hit off death and he took me out. When he does his leap, I'm not sure whether I should stay still or roll. When I roll, he always seems to land where I am and hit me. Doesn't help that I'm pretty fragile.

Really enjoying this now. Just got the final couple of levels in Archstone 5 left, and then 1:4.

I've always played with a fast weapon in From games (Uchi, Scimitar, Saw Blade etc) and i was the asme here - been using mainly Uchi throughout.

Last night though i got the stats to wield the Cleaver. Oh my! Such a fun and weighty weapon. Going to use it for the rest of the game, and then might even start afresh with the sole aim of being able to use that weapon asap.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Sadly, there were no summon signs, so I took a crack at him by myself, and had him one hit off death and he took me out. When he does his leap, I'm not sure whether I should stay still or roll. When I roll, he always seems to land where I am and hit me. Doesn't help that I'm pretty fragile.

Spoiler

When you hit him he will go into a rage and at that point he knows where you are. You will notice when he goes calm and at this point he can’t ‘see’ you anymore.

You can dodge his leaping attack but you have to time it. It will track you right up to the last split second so if you rolled and it hit you, you rolled too early. It’s a super powerful attack so you really don’t want to get hit by it.

Couple of options, stay closer so he doesn’t do the leap and dodge his more normal attacks or keep backing right up to the opposite side of the room, basically out of range of everything.

If you have the magic Protection or even better, Warding it may be worth using your magic for that instead of an attacking magic. When he can’t see you, you can time it just after he’s whiffed an attack you get a good 3-4 hits in before he starts to come for you.

Finally finished 4-2. :D

Thanks, Goemon. Didn't see your post before I killed him, but that's good to know in case I ever go mad and decide to replay it. I think taking a bit of time to level up made things a lot easier. Using the Soul Remains to make the red phantoms walk off the cliff was helpful, too.

And 4-3 done. Very cool fight. Apart from the bit where I couldn’t pick up the item you need because it would encumber me. :rolleyes:

Reminded me of SotC, though. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Going to switch into my comfy Imperial Spy get up and head on over to the swamp tomorrow. 

22 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Equip Thief Ring, run in, hit, hit, run away.

Repeat.

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I've got what looks like black tendency in world 4. Is there anything that full black tendency opens up there?

Black Phantom in 4-1

The hardest flipping bit in the game in 4-2, fighting terminator skeletons on the ledge

19 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Black Phantom in 4-1

The hardest flipping bit in the game in 4-2, fighting terminator skeletons on the ledge

I'm going for WCT and have just beaten the Red Phantom as I phased in, which is fun, especially with the rolling Blue Skele up my arse and now have to go through it all into 4-2 to get the Primeval.

Does this game cause weird image cut out issues for anyone else? About once per time I load it up, I’ll get the image cut out, screen flash purple and then come out. It’s like an HDMI handshake issue or something. No other game seems to cause it.

24 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Does this game cause weird image cut out issues for anyone else? About once per time I load it up, I’ll get the image cut out, screen flash purple and then come out. It’s like an HDMI handshake issue or something. No other game seems to cause it.

I've yet to see that problem. I'm sure I've played 25/30 hours so far.

Only little blip I occasionally get is when you click X from the start screen, its like you can see a background of mountains for a second and then it fades.

Made some decent progress in 5-2. Basically just running away from the big guys, because my magic does very little damage and if they get me while I’m in the swamp, I’m basically dead. Got to a bit where there was some NPC and before I could talk to him, I got sandwiched between a couple of the giants. <_<

I managed to finish that world this evening. Christ 5:2 was a pain in the arse. Died many, many times. 

just 1:4 left now, though I might spend tomorrow evening mooching about, clearing bits up, jolly co-op, & maybe even some invading. I haven’t bothered with that so far. 

9 hours ago, joemul said:

I managed to finish that world this evening. Christ 5:2 was a pain in the arse. Died many, many times. 

just 1:4 left now, though I might spend tomorrow evening mooching about, clearing bits up, jolly co-op, & maybe even some invading. I haven’t bothered with that so far. 

Same here.

If you are fussed about the Platinum trophy make sure you check off everything before you go for 1-4, because you can't go back afterwards.

My first run I've got all but one Ring to get, which I'm in the process of getting, then NG+ I can just get the Spells and Miracles that I'm missing to finish that off, then its just the challenge trophies that I believe are new additions (Kill Giant Knight boss without killing any archers etc).

10 hours ago, joemul said:

Perhaps im a sadist, but for me, 5-2 in Demons Souls and Blighttown in Dark Souls (especially in the remake, with a decent framework) are just the absolute pinnacle of design in Souls games for me. Absolutely brutal, bordering on unfair, but there really isnt anything anywhere in gaming that matches the feeling of being completely lost, having lots of souls, and being poisoned, without any antitdotes.

The the pure elation of finding the shortcut in 5-2 or the bonfire in Blighttown :wub:

I decided to pull the trigger on this. Reluctantly I must add, Soulsborne games... I'm over em. Played a ton of em, loved em but after Sekiro I've grown tired of it.

But having a PS5 without a proper PS5 game feels wrong. And with Ratchet and whatever else being relatively far away from release, Demon's will have to suffice. I'm sure it will of course, tis Demon's.