Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

robdood

What class did you guys go with?

I went with a hunter as I liked the idea of having ranged abilities with the bow but the arrows shoot so slowly (at least initially?), that its put me off a bit. Might try a noble next.

Royal is great for ranged magic attacks, plus you can find a bow and cross quite easily. Magic can still be slow to cast though. At the moment I'm playing it like a slow shooter, since I find myself dying too easily with swordplay. Loving it so far though. :unsure:

Awww man. :)

I am officially annoyed with this game now. I spent 5 whole hours (not an exaggeration), slowly going through 1-2 and I still couldn't beat. I got pissed off with losing souls all the time so I decided to buy some better armour, but it's too heavy for me to wear. And I am REALLY bored of replaying the same areas OVER and OVER and OVER again.

I don't think I like this anymore. I've put my time in, I've done 5 hours on the fucking level, just let me win already!!! >_<

The best advice is if you are bored go to the other worlds and try the first levels of them instead. It's generally recommended that you do 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 etc first before going on to try the later stages of each area. Though I still haven't touched 4-1 and 5-1 yet.

I'm afraid repeating areas is the name of the game, if you don't like doing that then you'll probably get even more annoyed later on. Saying that though it does get a bit easier the more you level up (though not too easy)

Awww man. :)

I am officially annoyed with this game now. I spent 5 whole hours (not an exaggeration), slowly going through 1-2 and I still couldn't beat. I got pissed off with losing souls all the time so I decided to buy some better armour, but it's too heavy for me to wear. And I am REALLY bored of replaying the same areas OVER and OVER and OVER again.

I don't think I like this anymore. I've put my time in, I've done 5 hours on the fucking level, just let me win already!!! >_<

5 hours on 1-2 is was too fucking long, theres no way you need to grind the early levels for that amout of time to save up souls, going to the start of some of the other levels will net you way more than you could of saved up in that time anyway.

I would forget about armor anyway, I'm playing a Knight and they start with pretty heavy armor and I can still get killed in a few hits, best to avoid getting hit or use a decent shield and spend you souls on stats and weapons.

The first tough guy on the first level is a bit of a bitch. I pulled him back on to the ramparts and it's quite easy to get one of the catapults (?) between you and him but to actually land a blow is a different matter. He kills me in one hit at the moment which is pretty brutal. Going to try explore the other end next time as there's some stairs down that I've not looked in to yet.

By tough guy do you mean the red knight? He's best avoided for a while until you have the right distances sorted out for lunging and some weapon upgrades help too... Been having a blitz of this game at the weekend, killed a few more bosses and explored a lot. The caves in 2-2 are amazingly intricate, really loving the level structures in general. Apart from 3-1 which creeps me out :wub: It's strange how this doesn't really play it for scares but manages to really instill a feeling of hesistant advance, fearing what's round the corner.

It's pretty early on, you go up a series of stairs which finally comes out on the ramparts, do a 180, short run in to a small room and there he is, waiting along another narrow walkway.

edit: Since someone else has posted in here, I can now ask a question I had. :wub: Is it possible to 'bank' souls so that you don't lose so many when you die?

Yea sounds like him.

Re: banking, As far as i know, you can bank the ones that are initially in the inventory (eg. hero and soldier souls) but there is no way to bank your current amount at the bottom right of the screen. Not sure how far you are, but after defeating the 1-1 boss and talking to a few people in the nexus there's a person to talk to for upgrades so you can do that to spend souls and keep it low exploring new places.

Pinkoboe: the guy you mentioned isn't meant to be fought until much later. I finished 1-1, 2-1, and 3-1, in that order. If one section's a bit tough, don't punish yourself by trying to beat it. try another level. :wub: I spent several hours on 1-2 getting absolutely nowhere with the final boss and so went elsewhere.

RE banking: keep hold of the Hero/Soldier souls, since you don't lose those when you die. Save them for when you want to buy something big. I had about 9000 souls worth of Hero/Soldier souls, so spammed 2-2 for souls (about 1200 if you go let to the giant worms), until I had 20,000. I then bought Evacuate miracle, which allows me to warp back to the nexus at any time.

Probably the most useful spell I have, since it lets me plunge deep into a dungeon, racking up souls quickly, and then when I find myself in a pinch I simply warp. If I'd died I'd have to start the level again anyway, so at least this way I keep all my souls and spend them levelling up.

Careful about buying armour, since if the weight goes over 50% of your max load (eg: 41/80), then you can't roll anymore. You just kind of fall about like a drunk man. Arrows (not bolts) are always a good way of "banking" currency since you will need them a lot.

So is this game really worth getting? I mean from what Ive seen the combat looks a bit sluggish, and maybe oblivion like(Im one of the few people that didnt really like oblivion as I found the story too weak to compell me on). But if the story/atmosphere/level design/bosses makes up for that then I might be tempted to get it, I mean all the praise you guys are giving the game cant be for nothing right?

So is this game really worth getting? I mean from what Ive seen the combat looks a bit sluggish, and maybe oblivion like(Im one of the few people that didnt really like oblivion as I found the story too weak to compell me on). But if the story/atmosphere/level design/bosses makes up for that then I might be tempted to get it, I mean all the praise you guys are giving the game cant be for nothing right?

It's nothing like Oblivion.

Are we definitely talking about the same enemy? I can't really see what other way I can go if I avoid him.

From your earlier post

It's pretty early on, you go up a series of stairs which finally comes out on the ramparts, do a 180, short run in to a small room and there he is, waiting along another narrow walkway.

When you come out on the ramparts (assuming you mean where the catapults are all lined up and there's a few archers about) don't do a 180, go forward. There should be a blue knight ahead who is guarding a room (with fog effect if you haven't gone there already) that leads to a staircase down. Kill him and go down the staircase and follow it around. That's the way forward to get further in that level. The red knight in the other direction is guarding a door that doesn't lead anywhere for the time being (I think it might become relevant later on but having killed 6 odd bosses now haven't had anything happen there yet). Hope that helps...

Having turned flesh, I had some really good multiplayer sessions last night, summoning blue souls.

Felt really guilty though, because on 1-2 me and two other guys made it across to the boss portal when the one straggler snuffed it due to the dragon. So me and the last guy enter the world and while he distracts the boss (he was melee), I head up top to take out the archers and boss using magic. So the guy is down below, hacking at this enormous knight's ankles, dropping his HP, and I'm top firing. The boss is well distracted, and suddenly I think to myself: "No you crazy fool! It's not worth it. Stop taking him on down there and come hide up here where it's safe."

Anyway, eventually my helper snuffs it, in the process enabling me to knock off a lot of the boss' HP, and I beat the level. Sadly though any blue souls that die don't receive any rewards after the level is finished. I gave him an S rank though in the ratings screen, because he really gave it his all. Still, felt a bit bad that he'd risked his life down below and I couldn't help him. :)

After that myself and two others took on 4-1. One guy died due to lock on trouble, but the other guided me through the level, pointed out some secret treasure I would have missed, and then helped me beat the boss. He distracted the guy while I used magic to take him out.

There was some great teamwork on show. :)

Anyway, I can currently summon blue souls, and what I've been doing with the guys over at selectbutton.net is there's a demon's souls chatroom, and we're all on each other's friends list. So we use the chat to co-ordinate the dropping of blue stones and summoning.

If anyone wants to join me in a hunt (I'm really up for 2-2 and 5-1 at the mo), my username:

Sketcz

If I'm online just drop me a message.

Yeah, had some good multiplayer games last night. It's great when someone shows you the way through a tough level, and the game is much easier with a few buddies taking out big enemies.

The invading Black Phantoms are a pain though. I tried the white stone but couldn't boot them out. And they also stop the evacuate spell from working it seems, trapping you inside.

Became flesh then someone invaded and killed me quite quickly. Another time someone invaded after I'd been summoned but me and the other guy took him out quickly. Then I was at the gate to boss 2-2 when some guy invaded, so I'm waiting down, kinda freaked out because I can't warp away.

Anyway, he appears before me and bows. Now, I realise there's a netiquette regarding bowing online and fighting someone, and for a moment I almost go along with it, but then I blast him with magic mid-bow and then take him out.

I thought fuck this shit. This isn't some kind of PvP server where I ask for a duel. I feel violated when these cheeky cads invade, since I'm trying to stay alive without outside hindrance. If you're going to pull that then you're going to get magicked in the face. No bowing.

Fuck you Satuski :)

Was doing 4-1 last night and had died quite a bit exploring the level and the world ended up in black tendency. So now when I do it Satuski's there are the very start as a black phantom and what an absolute bastard he is. One hit one kill from him and he loves to run off and heal himself, bastard :P

I thought fuck this shit. This isn't some kind of PvP server where I ask for a duel. I feel violated when these cheeky cads invade, since I'm trying to stay alive without outside hindrance. If you're going to pull that then you're going to get magicked in the face. No bowing.

You did that right - you know the second you start your emote he's going to tan your hide.

Another more cowardly tactic is just to hide until they get bored and disappear - equip the thief ring and remove any buffs that give you a glowing aura (as this appears depite being hidden) and sit them out.

As an invading black phantom yourself, remember if you die in someone else's wolrd you will lose some stat points and therefore soul level. There was some confusion as to whether this happened only when falling off something or having another accident, but I am reading it also applies if you're taken out by the "host"

ok, just read the review on EG. Very interested in this. So 3 questions:

1) Is the manual in english?

2) Where the fuck can I buy it at a decent price?

3) Which version, Jap or Asia?

No the manual is not in english, but you get a little leaflet with english instuctions in the asian version, but some of it is wrong for example it says hold down O to bring the emote menu up when it's actually X.

Asian version has english text and voices, Japanese version only has english voices.

Got mine from Ebay but didnt really bother looking for the cheapest just got it from where I could.

No the manual is not in english, but you get a little leaflet with english instuctions in the asian version, but some of it is wrong for example it says hold down O to bring the emote menu up when it's actually X.

In this case we should let them off as the manual is correct if your playing on an Asian system it's the UK system that swaps the (X) and (O) actions.