IGNORED

Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

robdood

I did, but the pair of idiots got themselves killed almost instantly.

Ah. I was quite lucky in that both of my phantom helpers were pretty clued up - they'd get a few attacks in, and leap away to heal while the 'lurker attacked someone else. Between the three of us, he never really posed much of a threat. All I can suggest is summon yourself to someone else's game on another level, get your body back, and keep trying.

I've recently picked up a PS3, so I'm looking to get my hands on this.

Whereabouts is the best (i.e. cheapest) place to pick this up (Asian version is fine).

I realise this has probably been answered already, but I don't want to go through the thread and risk spoiling the game for myself.

Cheers, fellas. :hat:

I've recently picked up a PS3, so I'm looking to get my hands on this.

Whereabouts is the best (i.e. cheapest) place to pick this up (Asian version is fine).

I realise this has probably been answered already, but I don't want to go through the thread and risk spoiling the game for myself.

Cheers, fellas. :unsure:

I used movietyme.com, it came remarkably soon.

It's nice to see a bit of spontaneous anger in the thread to be honest. :unsure: Seems fitting.

One thing I'm surprised at is that, so far, everyone's seemed to have clicked nicely with the game, no "holy fuck what is this this isn't fun fuck this" sort of responses. Given the game's approach to convenience, you'd expect at least maybe one or two people to just not get along with it.

Fuck, I gave the blacksmith in 2-1 the Dragon Demon's Soul. I didn't know I had to keep it if I wanted the Firestorm spell.

Annoyed.

EDIT: I'm talking pish, aren't I? It's the Red Hot Demon's Soul that you give to him

:P

The Demon's Soul obtained from killing the Red Dragon in 1-2 has no use, so cash it in!

Well after a week of making REALLY slow progress, its certainly all come together tonight!!

First finally took down Flamelurker..after calling for a bit of backup :D.. then it was straight off to Ed. Traded the red hot demon soul to upgrade by bow into a nice shiny Lava Bow..then it was off to 3-2 to show those bastard Maneaters a thing or two.. managed to solo the buggers!! and my god was it satisfying!! The last few hits were stupidly intense.. I was sure I was going to do something stupid and just roll of the pathway to my doom.

Also managed to get a few bonus's from 2-1/2-2 taking advantage of the Black Tendancy... and kicked Yurts arse in between all of that :P

Absolutely AWESOME game.. and one that every PS3 owner should atleast try to experience!

After about 15 runs I finally beat 1-1! It was the running bit that was doing me. The relief when I finally did it, and the boss went down in one go. Onwards!

It's a very strange game, but strangely compelling.

1-1 is a bit of a bastard really, I think it's actually harder than the rest of the game. You can't level up, and you can only improve your equipment very slightly, so it never gets any easier. And the game gives no hint that the Red Knight is optional - for a long time (any many deaths) I presumed you had to beat him to continue. For that matter, I thought the big Dragon was the "Demon" I had to beat to end the level. It's quite an intro though ;-)

1-1 is a bit of a bastard really, I think it's actually harder than the rest of the game. You can't level up, and you can only improve your equipment very slightly, so it never gets any easier. And the game gives no hint that the Red Knight is optional - for a long time (any many deaths) I presumed you had to beat him to continue. For that matter, I thought the big Dragon was the "Demon" I had to beat to end the level. It's quite an intro though ;-)

I didn't beat him, some black phantom thing appears with him and gives chase so I just legged it. Yeah you're right you end up building up quite a store of souls without being able to use them. I managed to stay alive for about ten minutes of 1-2 so it seems that the non ghoul form is basically used for upgrading your stats.

I didn't beat him, some black phantom thing appears with him and gives chase so I just legged it. Yeah you're right you end up building up quite a store of souls without being able to use them. I managed to stay alive for about ten minutes of 1-2 so it seems that the non ghoul form is basically used for upgrading your stats.

Not quite right. When you're in body form, you have higher HP. Whilst in soul form you HP is halved. You can improve your soul form HP by wearing the cling ring which gives you circa 70% HP. That said your melee attacks are stronger in soul form. I only ever wanted to be in body form when I wanted to summon blue phantom assistance or fancied a face off with an invading black phantom. You'll see a lot of players have lept off from high up in the nexus to get into soul form for instance.

I've just finished off 1-2, 2-1 and 3-1 in succession, go me! Which one should I tackle next?

My one complaint is that Ostrava isn't anywhere in either 1-1 or 1-2; I've never seen him in 1-2, only in 1-1, running around helping me kill people. Then he vanished. He's definitely not behind the gate.

Is there any other use for the Boss souls other than giving to Freke for cool spells?

There's two NPCs that accept boss souls in exchange for Magic, 1 NPC that accepts them in exchange for Miracles and the blacksmith in 2-1 will use them to create unique weapons after you give him a certain item you find in 2-2.

There's two NPCs that accept boss souls in exchange for Magic, 1 NPC that accepts them in exchange for Miracles and the blacksmith in 2-1 will use them to create unique weapons after you give him a certain item you find in 2-2.

Can each one only be used for one of the above, or do you have to choose which?

Yep, some boss souls are used to unlock just one thing only, others can be used in four different ways. Once it's used up, that's it then until your new game+, or NG++, etc. It's why it takes 3 and a half playthroughs minimum to achieve a platinum on the game. :wub:

Yep, some boss souls are used to unlock just one thing only, others can be used in four different ways. Once it's used up, that's it then until your new game+, or NG++, etc. It's why it takes 3 and a half playthroughs minimum to achieve a platinum on the game. :wub:

Bloody hell! :o any tips as to the best use of any of them? I've already swapped one for a fire spell and another for a ward type spell.

No must-have tips really (from me anyway), since it's highly dependant on your build.

Here's a list of every boss soul and what it can be used for, take a look at it if your anxious about misusing (there's no other spoilers on the page or through the relevant links, though obviously the info itself is sort of spoilerish).

Chaps, need some help here.

Recieved this the other day, and so far have only just completed the first mini boss

Big mass of blobs which enables human form

i believe, which enables me

to return into Human form

. Now, while I love it so far, and yes I have died a lot, when I try and move onto

the bridge past this, i run past the guards but keep being slaughtered at the far end of the bridge.

Any help on this would be appreciated, and also could someone explain about magic and how to obtain this? So far I am on soul level 9, but have no magic. I am a knight, and tried to upgrade the shield and sword, but dont have the relevant material.

Does it get better, as it looks great, and I really want to progress further. Am I playing it wrong? :wub:

Chaps, need some help here.

Recieved this the other day, and so far have only just completed the first mini boss

Big mass of blobs which enables human form

i believe, which enables me

to return into Human form

. Now, while I love it so far, and yes I have died a lot, when I try and move onto

the bridge past this, i run past the guards but keep being slaughtered at the far end of the bridge.

Any help on this would be appreciated, and also could someone explain about magic and how to obtain this? So far I am on soul level 9, but have no magic. I am a knight, and tried to upgrade the shield and sword, but dont have the relevant material.

Does it get better, as it looks great, and I really want to progress further. Am I playing it wrong? :wub:

You are moving linearly on to what they call level 1-2, really you should be going back into the Nexus and trying some of the different levels - all the other archstones are now opened up to warp you to the different areas. The second one is a good one to try, you get lots of material to upgrade weapons there.

For magic, you need a magic stat of 10 and a catalyst (basically a magic wand).

Also, it's perfectly normal to struggle at the point where you are. The end of that bridge, with the large squad of guys in front of a Blue Eyed Knight (two actually), is a notorious spot what with the dragon breathing fiery death behind you. There's a few ways to make it easier for yourself though. Although imposing, that dragon isn't invincible. :wub:

But yeah, as Joe said, the main thing to get your head around is that there are five worlds (accessed through the archstones in the nexus) and they all progress through tiers of difficulty, each tier bookended by a boss. That bridge section is the second tier of world 1, so you're actually wading pretty far out into waters deeper than you need to face.

Also, it's perfectly normal to struggle at the point where you are. The end of that bridge, with the large squad of guys in front of a Blue Eyed Knight (two actually), is a notorious spot what with the dragon breathing fiery death behind you. There's a few ways to make it easier for yourself though. Although imposing, that dragon isn't invincible. :wub:

But yeah, as Joe said, the main thing to get your head around is that there are five worlds (accessed through the archstones in the nexus) and they all progress through tiers of difficulty, each tier bookended by a boss. That bridge section is the second tier of world 1, so you're actually wading pretty far out into waters deeper than you need to face.

I finished 3-1 next, then 2-1, then 1-2.

One of the most usual things I've found is getting the Talisman from very near the start of 4-1, though you might need a few more levels first. Then you can cast a cure spell. The main monsters in 3-1 give you loads and loads of MP restoring items. Combined with the Talisman this makes me feel pretty safe for the majority of the level now.

I finished 3-1 next, then 2-1, then 1-2.

One of the most usual things I've found is getting the Talisman from very near the start of 4-1, though you might need a few more levels first. Then you can cast a cure spell. The main monsters in 3-1 give you loads and loads of MP restoring items. Combined with the Talisman this makes me feel pretty safe for the majority of the level now.

Excellent thanks chaps

Cracking game this, but doesnt half eat up the hours. The current MrsT is none too happy :unsure:

Excellent thanks chaps

Cracking game this, but doesnt half eat up the hours. The current MrsT is none too happy :unsure:

X factor. It was designed for the sole purpose of keeping spouses quiet while you play Demons Souls (probably!).

Excellent thanks chaps

For what its worth I did 1-2 straight after 1-1 and my female thief was pretty crap at pretty much everything at the time. I did a fair few ( and I mean a fair few) runs over the first bridge and over and under the second before venturing towards the blue knights. I also shot the red dragon to death with a gazzillion arrows. The blue knights aren't so bad anyway so long as you seek cover behind the last cart there and kill off the archers first. The archers on the castle wall above can do some damage too so don't hang about killing the first blue knight.