Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

robdood

I've never been invaded yet - didn't even know you could be until I read the manual.

I used to just leave my game running while I'd go and do something else. After reading about black phantoms and your post, I think I'll exit the game from now on...

People don't tend to invade on when you're lower level, and of course they can't if you're in soul form. You're completely safe from invasion then.

A guy just invaded and somehow managed to completely break my weapons and armor with some spells I never knew existed. So I couldn't really do anything and died losing 6k souls and having to farm up about 15k to fix all the damage. ;)/ ;)

The Spear of Scraping I believe

Waste of time using either of those. They're only for spiteful cunts who are trying to cost the odd n00b a bit of cash. Easily avoidable. And if not:

"Break my Uchi did ya?"..."What ya didn't know is i had a Dragon Mirdan Hammer +5 equipped in the same hand" BAM! *Fiery Death* ;)

is it possible to repeat the tutorial bit without starting another character? I've had a quick dash through that and a little of 1-1, but I think I need a bit more schooling to feel comfortable. No idea what I'm doing with the heavy block in particular.

• 3 weeks later...

God Damn I hate being invaded. As if this game doesn't already make me its bitch enough!

Playing on the US servers and last night I got invaded literally every level I went into, ended up much worse of than when I started as usual :o Mind you it makes me laugh when you've got a multi player session going on and someone invades, pile on!

Is that the Armour Spider? I thought that was ridiculously/disappointingly easy, lots of build up for a very limp fight.

Just stand to the left and use suitable range weapon. Only needed to take 6 or 7 health things to survive and win.

Many of the boss fights in Demons Souls, if done solo, can be done relatively easily and safely, albeit slowly, if you don't mind being a wuss, hiding and sniping from a distance. The other alternative is of course to invite some help, although soloing is more satisfying. I think when I cleared the game last summer I can only remember calling in assistance for Flamelurker and Maneater - and even then I came as near as damn it solo to beating Maneater (well both maneaters) to give myself sort of credit for beating it (nearly) :o . Flamelurker on the other hand totally burnt me to a crisp each and every time and I'd have gone mad had I carried on trying to beat it on my own.

In this I'm finding that once you do beat things you can repeat it again easily. It's easily the most rewarding game I've ever played.

I tried Flamelurker last night :o

Also last night enjoyed going back to the red eyed knight and destroying him.

I'm only a noob myself still, only killed the first bosses of each world and Tower knight (1-2) but loving it.

God Damn I hate being invaded. As if this game doesn't already make me its bitch enough!

Playing on the US servers and last night I got invaded literally every level I went into, ended up much worse of than when I started as usual ;) Mind you it makes me laugh when you've got a multi player session going on and someone invades, pile on!

I noticed a few months after release, once the US players had got their head round the nuances of the game, there were A LOT more players invading at low levels, certainly more than on the Asian server (where they like NG+ SL100 territory).

Not that it bothered me. But anyone new (read: late) to the game, may have found it rather stressful.

Gimme a shout if you need a hand. I quite fancy rolling a new build on the US server. See if i can't dish out some punishment. ;)

I've never been invaded yet - didn't even know you could be until I read the manual.

I used to just leave my game running while I'd go and do something else. After reading about black phantoms and your post, I think I'll exit the game from now on...

I just got killed by a Black phantom while making a cuppa :mellow:

You wont get invaded until

you've killed the first red phantom you come across in 3-1 (Tower of something) and loot her black stone

(You use this then to invade others games).

Killed a few invaders today too, I dont think many people expect you to use magic, everyone seems to be melee I've come across.

wait, what? your uni library - back in my day and all that...

ooooh yeeeah, only available to people on a games couse though! Sad thing is I always just assumed that it was rubbish old games they had but they actually have plenty of new ones! This is sad because I'm just finishing my last year :ph34r: