Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

robdood

I wish there was an easier way to arrange co-op with friends in this, its so good.

I'm hoping a sequel will have it has an option should it ever appear.

Going to have a long session on the US servers tonight if anyone's around for some low soul level (30is) dungeon rompage. I could certainly use a hand killing that bastard Flamelurker.

Also hopefully there wont be as many black phantoms for a while!

:unsure::omg:

Think I'll try a Miracle user next.

If you're going for a high Faith build, you'll be wanting: Large Sword of Moonlight, Blessed Mirdan Hammer +5, Blessed Knight Sword +5, and Rage of God!

Just don't cast Rage of God anywhere remotely close to an NPC. :(:(

Handy hints:

If you have a decent Bow & Arrow, you can fire at him from a safe distance in FPS mode. After the first hit strikes, he'll start to move up the stairs, so adjust your aiming to compensate. 3 hits and he should go down.

You can also shoot the 2nd Reaper from the stairs where that Geth* spawned from. Just walk halfway down, you'll see the stairs have chipped/broken away slightly, do a 180° turn, and aim down right-ish. At full scope you'll be able to pop him off in 3 shots. Be quick though, otherwise the Geth* will respawn right behind you.

The slightly easier (haha, yeah right) method is to complete 5-3, after which you'll get the Dark Silver Shield which cuts out 100% of magical attacks! :)

*Geth is just the nickname we use. :facepalm:

My bow is a bit cack as I've been investing souls into Int and Magic mainly :facepalm:

Regarding weapon progression 2 things:

1. I put + 2 onto the winged spear which I don't use any more. Is this going to bite me on the rear? Are materials finite on a single playthrough? I've got a Kilij which I want to power up to +5 or so then go moon or Crescent but I've only got it to +2 and am running short on materials.

2. How did your weapon progression go? I'm SL 40 and still using the basic Crescent Falchion from 4-1 although its starting to feel a bit puny now.

The amount of Geckos (your main source for serious drops) are finite - one per section of each level (i.e. 2-x has 3 sections/parts to the world, therefore each Gecko littered thoughout it's world will appear 3 times - you obviously have to revisit earlier sections once you've completed them for it to be there again).

Shards/Splinters of pretty much all types can be bought from various vendors littered around the game. The dirty vendor at the start of 2-1 sells Hard and Sharp Splinters for 500 a pop. Go to him for your basic upgrades until the special path of your choosing opens up with Blacksmith Ed.

I'd say carry on with your Spear til it's +6 then go down the Moon path - it's great for hiding behind a decent shield and poking away without fear of getting hit. Upgrading the Killij will take alot more Sharpstones before the Crescent path opens, when you can quite easily continue using/upgrading the Falchion. I used that pretty much all the time for my first playthrough, all those years ago. lol!

SL40 may be a bit too low to attempt 4-2. It's a very difficult level if you don't have the tools for the job. Try and clear 2-x.

Any tips for defeating BP Satsuki ? It's the only BP I haven't beaten yet, tried to snipe the git from behind last night but that wasn't very succesfull, also did worryingly little damage with my sticky bow +4......attacked from the point where the first black skeleton stands, forgot to wear graverobber's ring, was funny to see Satsuki run all the way up to where I was, never seen such determination by a BP btw, managed to get one hit in before his counter one-hit-killed-me .

What kind of attack does he use (faith/magic/slash)?

He's a feisty fucker, that much is true!

If you enter 4-1 without the Thiefs or Graverobber Ring equipped, after one step and he'll make a bee-line straight for you.

His attacks are fast, but do have a distinct pattern. It helps if you're familiar with the Uchigatana so you know what's coming. I'm pretty sure his attacks are basic sharp/bleeding type, not magic in anyway, but its been a while so i'm not 100% sure.

A shield with decent Hit Res will help if you want to block, then counter. Magic does work, but like most BP's he rolls/evades a lot. Best bet is if you have an Extra Large weapon that'll knock him down (Meat Cleaver, Great Axe/Sword etc), you can keep him on the floor with repeated overhead smashes.

Be aware, he will heal himself when he gets below 10-20% health.

TBH, beating him isn't absolutely necessary because the Hiltless, which he drops, can be found in the slug swamp of 4-2. :)

The Thiefs Ring is absolutely essential, otherwise they will scarper before you get even nearly close enough.

I always use a Bow & Arrow and aim for the head, this will flip them, giving you more time to set up your next shot or bum-rush them.

If you wanna add me on PSN, i can probably meet you online and give you a few bits and bobs that'll come in handy. Are you on the US server, SL40?

I've not turned my PS3 on in a few days (Red Dead + Real Life Sunshine).

Playing late is no problem. I'll keep my eye on PSN.com. :(

*Edit*

I've not received your F/R, Mecha. Try again, because i may have had a full list of 100. Deleted a few now. :(

I had an SL25 on the US server i've just beefed up to 40-ish. But fuck me it was hard work after all this time! I'm waaayyyy outta practice! Took me 3 deaths and PBWT to clear 4-2! Didn't help that i summoned a random at the boss door, who tried to spam him with arrows, not knowing that would send the boss bat-shit mental over me, even though i wasn't doing anything! :):wub:

4-2 is still defeating me, the bit where

you come across the the shadowlurker on the thin walkway that does IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZ0RZ

Its a doddle if you have

anti magic shield

equipped

EDIT... Whoops ignore me, I was thinking of another place entirely; my mistake I haven't played for some time

So I got this out my uni library and I'm enjoying it so far! It's brutal but that's the point. I gone and killed the first boss guy, got my life back and then was twatted from behind by some bloke within five minutes of going back to the castle, sad times.

Anyway, one question, is there anything I should be spending my souls on? At the mo I'm just soul arrowing everyone and spending all my souls on stats, the weapons are just confusing, is there something I should immediately save up for?

think about what type of character you'd like to end up with and channel your points towards thoe stats. The higher your soul level the more it costs to raise a stat.

I'd not upgrade a weapon yet till you've tried the various types and like the feel of how one handles, theres loads to try.

For instance I've not really bothered upgrading anything and I've done all the first worlds and a couple of seconds however I'm primarily a magic user so maybe weapons aren't so important to me.

On big tip is dont 'use' the souls you get off boss monsters, keep them to trade to various npc's for much better rewards .

Which version do you have US or Asian?

Anyway had another go at 4-2 last night, bastard rogues! bastard l4z0rs, bastard hard boss. Wil try again tonight.

Oh yes, Curtis, resent the invite, I'd apparently invited C_M whoever that is instead of you , oops!

I have the US one!

By the way, how does the difficulty scale? Should I be doing the first section of each level (dunno the terminology here :lol:) or working my way through the castle?

Yes you have to arrange via messages where the phantom will drop the blue stone so that the live player can go summon.

Remember if you're a phantom you can use an Ephermeral stone to regain your flesh. Also best accompanied by singing 'whoaaaah Bodyform, Bodyform for youuuuu" if on a mic :lo: