rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Joyrex-J9

Kraftwerk - An appreciation

Hurray! A few tickets were released for the Dusseldorf concert series in January. Tate scalper price - £500. Dusseldorf ticket, flight and 4-star hotel - £220 :D

• Upvote 4

I am in Dusseldorf waiting for them to come on stage RIGHT NOW. My first Kraftwerk concert, and earlier today I was in despair at Gatwick, certain that my flight would be cancelled...

• Upvote 2

They were better than I could have possibly imagined. The 3D presentation was truly impressive, and as for the sound.... I stood about 3 metres in front of the mixing desk and I've never heard a gig like that before. I think there were about 20 surround speakers and it was mixed to absolute perfection. Even after more than 40 years in the business they are still way ahead of the field in terms of the technology of a live perfomance. Hutter was in fine voice and form even though he is now 66 and was doing his second 2-hour show of the evening. Fantastic atmosphere, great venue, civilised audience - I can't think of a single negative about the evening.

• Upvote 1

Really impressive on the first night. Absolutely loved it. While having a beer before going downstairs I spotted Peter Saville, Paul Morley, Boy George and OMD!

I also saw Jerry Sadowitz in Golders Green today!!

Kraftwerk have been announced as this year's T in the Park headline act :wacko:

I'd long ago vowed never to do T in the Park ever again, but I can see me splurging on a cheeky wee day ticket this one last time. It'll be their only UK festival appearance, seemingly, although they are playing others throughout Europe, most notably Sonar.

Kraftwerk has announced an 11-date run of 3D live shows happening in the UK next June. 

The German outfit, which is these days made up of Ralf Hütter, Henning Schmitz, Fritz Hilpertn and Falk Grieffenhagen, will play two London dates—both at the Royal Albert Hall, on June 21st and 22nd—plus shows in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Gateshead, Sheffield, Bristol, Nottingham and Manchester. Tickets will go on sale at 10 AM on Friday, September 30th. 

Jun 09  Kraftwerk, Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow

Jun 10  Kraftwerk, Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Edinburgh

Jun 11  Kraftwerk, Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool

Jun 13  Kraftwerk, Symphony Hall, Birmingham, Midlands

Jun 14  Kraftwerk, Sage Gateshead, Newcastle

Jun 15  Kraftwerk, Sheffield City Hall, North

Jun 17  Kraftwerk, Colston Hall, West + Wales

Jun 18  Kraftwerk, Royal Concert Hall, Midlands

Jun 19  Kraftwerk, The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester

Jun 21  Kraftwerk, Royal Albert Hall, London

Jun 22  Kraftwerk, Royal Albert Hall, London

• Upvote 3

err, aren't all live performances in 3D, or am I in some parallel universe with the rest of you occupying flatland?

Would be up for this if reasonably priced, with Autobahn sitting there ready for FH3 to arrive.

I'll try and get tickets, but these will sell out in nanoseconds. And will probably be a stupid price. 

I can't see in 3D (my eyesight isn't good enough to work it out). This has been consistent through those weird 3D pictures in the 80's, using the old school red/blue lenses glasses, or the latest stuff. 

If I was to go, would I be able to just see the show, or would I be coming away with just a massive fuck off headache, and would do better to just stare at the floor throughout?

Saw them at the Tate and really enjoyed it.

This tour finishes quite close to Glasto. Here's hoping they play it.

20 minutes ago, englishbob said:

I'll try and get tickets, but these will sell out in nanoseconds. And will probably be a stupid price. 

I can't see in 3D (my eyesight isn't good enough to work it out). This has been consistent through those weird 3D pictures in the 80's, using the old school red/blue lenses glasses, or the latest stuff. 

If I was to go, would I be able to just see the show, or would I be coming away with just a massive fuck off headache, and would do better to just stare at the floor throughout?

It's just the background graphics that appear in 3D and isn't that intrusive.
You'd be fine not wearing them - especially if you neck a few pints before hand!

• Upvote 2

I'm up for the usher hall gig, but price will have to be reasonable as I've seen them before, at tribal gathering 97.

Irish dates are Friday 2nd June in Dublin and Sunday 4th in Belfast. Maybe they'll stick a second date on somewhere on the 3rd - hopefully a second night in Dublin. Tickets on sale 9AM this Friday. Hopefully my streak of ticket getting continues but this is selling out in a heartbeat. 

1 nano-second past 10am 

Capture.JPG

Fuck modern gig going. 

I got tickets for Kraftwerk when the played Brixton Academy about 2 decades ago no problem. I'll remember that, and fuck this off for £100+ a ticket

• Upvote 1

Saw them at Exit 6 years ago, was ok, didn't feel like a gig. Was more like going to a museum. Pointless.

When they used to bring over their entire studio to play live it was great. Now its just 4 blokes in front of laptops. Strangely alluring.

• Upvote 2

Gutted. Probably the most influential band on my musical life. Planet Rock was the catalyst. But when I discovered Bambaata had ripped it from Kraftwerk, it opened up a whole new world. RIP Florian.