IGNORED

United States Of Tara

chalkitdown

Created by Steven Spielberg, written by the people behind Juno(but don't let that put you off, it's really nothing like it) and starring the lovely Toni Collette :(

It starts tonight in America but the pilot leaked last week. I thought it was quite good, myself. Definite potential for a great show here. You can sense even from the first episode that Toni Collette is gonna be raking in the awards later in the year 'cos she's really brilliant in it. It's such a bizzare show, though. I've never seen anything quite like it. It's about a woman with multiple personalities that come to life when she gets stressed out or angry etc. I'd imagine if you actually had the disease, you'd be highly offended by this. :( I don't know much about it, but I'd say they exaggerate the condition it a fair bit. The redneck character, which you see towards the end of the first episode is my favourite so far.

AICN has a story on it, today. The critics seem to like it, too. Well, most of them.

Comes recommended from me, anyway. Check it out if you can.

I saw it last week - the pilot was put up on Showtime's site about a month ago.

It's good enough, but I have a few reservations. I had a hard time when she turned into Buck. It probably happens in real lifw, but it seemed so bizarre. And a few other things.

It was good, though. I'll keep watching it for a while.

I liked 'pudding is good... ing' and 'homo-baked'.

• 2 weeks later...

Multiple personality episodes of TV shows and films are always hard to believe, but generally pretty good once you get into it. See Primal Fear, Fight Club (to a lesser extent for this sort of thing), that episode of the X-Files, that episode of ER etc etc.

Oh and Toni Collete rocks in every film I've seen her in.

• 3 weeks later...