IGNORED

The worst single ever?

womblingfree

Fiddy's had some good singles, I'm loathe to say. I'm not even talking about the obvious smashes produced by Dre, Timbaland or even Preemo. I'm on about this piece of bigness:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fbM9EP2G0LM

Oh yes.

This will be a stupid thread full of arguments anyway. Instead of posting actually awful singles people will post ones that are critically acclaimed and liked in some quarters at least to try and get some controversy going. And all anyone will really be able to say is "Well I liked it". Because music is just music, and theres billions of different ears out there all looking for something different.

I quite liked Franz Ferdinand once upon a time, but the new single is a bit on the dire side. It dunt go anywhere.

However, I think anyone who thinks it's the worst single ever is forgetting about anything sung in a forced cockney accent like Jamie T, Lilly Allen and that slag whore who looks like she's smacked out of her face. Like Lilly Allen but with a face you want to set on fire and put out with a shovel.

I quite liked Franz Ferdinand once upon a time, but the new single is a bit on the dire side. It dunt go anywhere.

However, I think anyone who thinks it's the worst single ever is forgetting about anything sung in a forced cockney accent like Jamie T, Lilly Allen and that slag whore who looks like she's smacked out of her face. Like Lilly Allen but with a face you want to set on fire and put out with a shovel.

Kate Nash? all these of this ilk irritate me no end. But what about those terrible ordinary boys. That stuff was crap...

...it gets played on the radio every 5 minutes...

This is my main problem with radio and singles play. Not so much the quality of the music but playing the same ten songs every other hour for weeks or even months. Even the most quality songs make me want to stick sharp things in my ears after having them heard 200 times.

Jeez, the youth of today.

You didn't have to put up with Clive Dunn's Grandad, St Winifred's School Choir with There's No-One Quite Like Grandma and many more such atrocities committed in the 70s.

Also, almost every football team song, ever.

The posts above? Self-indulgent muso-snobbery, the lot of them!

Any novelty songs are made to produce money and become ultimately unforgettable for the WRONG reasons.

Singles like Mr Blobby, Teletubbies, Bob The Builder, Crazy Frog, et al. Pappy childish shite that should never be released as singles.