IGNORED

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

A.C.R.O.N.Y.M

I’m about 10 episodes into Season 5 and I’d forgotten how good it is. It sorts out a lot of the problems with S4 (

Spike, Giles and Xander are given a purpose, Reilly is pretty good when he’s not in soldier mode, Dawn is great, the whole building up of Buffys mothers sickness is handled well and Spike moping around after Buffy is all superb. Also the Spike flashback episode is one of my all time favourites

). I can’t remember much about the upcoming episodes (apart from the last one) but so far this rewatch of S5 has been hugely entertaining.

Well started on S4 and what a disappoint so far after the fantastic S2 and S3.

Xander not joining college was he that terrible at school or just bad writing?, it seems like not having Xander there his character feels like its go nothing to do like Giles. For me College would have been great for him.

Buffy - turning into a skank:) and emo for the first few eps wth the possible exeption of the room mate episode.

Iniative - good sounds awful and Riley cardboard cut out Daniel Craig is dull

Plus side we have Anya - yay!!!!, Spike is bad though again seems kinda forced and Harmoney was funny otherwise kinda meh.

S2 and S3 were amazing and I nver got to see the graduation eps and that rocked. Shame about the half arsed ending of killing the mayor.

Watched Hush and have to say its great but not amazingly great, I think what elevates it in peoples' opinion is simply the great characters the Gentlemen are but besides from that it was a above average episode. Also Iniative sucked ass, Riley is dull and I think the whole Adam is crap. Saving grace is Anya and the introduction of Tara, boo to Seth leaving though.

finally finished season 7 last night about 2 and a half years after starting the whole boxset.

i hope the Angel box doesn't take me that bloody long...

one thing i noticed was that the pacing goes all to fuck in the last few episodes, they seem to want to squeeze half a season's worth of story into 3 or 4 episodes and it all feels seriously rushed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rewatching the series due to this thread. Currently mid way through S4. I'd always though of S4 as poor, but on my return to it, it's not that bad. 'In the Harsh Light of Day' is immense, 'Something Blue' is pretty funny and 'Hush' is, of course, amazing. 'This Year's Girl/Who are You?' are brilliant also. The rest vary from ok to pretty good. Apart from 'Beer Bad' which is inexcusable.

Everyone moans about S2's worst episodes being 'Bad Eggs' and 'Go Fish.' But no-one ever mentions (IMO, of course) the worst episode the show ever had - 'Ted.' An episode so unbelievably bad I can only assume you've all attempted to repress it from you collective memories.

The worst episode of Buffy is Wrecked, the one about Willow and magic from series 6. Though it does have the epic "when did the building fall down?" line.

Is that the one with all of the drug metaphors? Anyway, as soon as I have finished The West Wing, I am going to work my way through the Buffy and Angel box-sets.

Is that the one with all of the drug metaphors?

Yep. And while it was bad, it wasn't 'Ted' levels of bad. At least that storyline was going someplace.

I'm gonna start grading all my TV watching on the scale of 'Ted.' Programmes will either be 'Totally Ted' (Poor) or 'Totally Not Ted' (Great). Anything in between will be 'Totally Tara' (Meh).

God, I hate 'Ted.'