IGNORED

New Bibio

Shoes

I've been a little frustrated lately, as Bibio's new album is due for release in a few days, and his label's website hasn't got it up for ordrr yet. Information on the album was scarce, but I looked up a Toyota advert featuring his music which led me to these tracks from the new LP:

Mr. and Mrs. Compost

Top Soil

Torn Under The Window Light

All of which are gorgeous and feature a lovely eighties-style VHS logo at the start.

He's got an EP coming soon too, but that's been delayed since early-last year. And he signed for Warp a few months ago - maybe to release his J Dilla/Madlib-esque music, under the excellent guise of Duckular.

Bibio's great, though!

I'll be gutted if this gets no attention, because it's an amazing album. Best I've heard in ages, and rivals Boards of Canada's Geogaddi in terms of childhood-nostalgia-music (although it is better than Geogaddi).

The songs in-which he sings are a definite high-point. Mr and Mrs Compost is wonderful - I was reading the lyrics in the booklet and I welled up.

I was a little disappointed at first when the booklet told me 'Great Are The Piths' is the last vocal track (and it's the fifth track, out of sixteen) but it didn't matter, because the instrumentals are just as engaging. 'Weekend Wildfire' is a stand-out. It sounds so amazingly cheerful.

As I type, the second half of 'The Garden Shelter' has kicked in. It sounds like something from 'Braid'.

What a fantastic album.

I wasn't really boweld over by the samples, either. The audio on YouTube is so shit, and it looses the charm of Bibio's production.

BoC's 'The Campfire Headphase' was inspired a lot by Bibio's music - one of the band had a quote on his first two LPs. His stuff is way more interesting than TCH, though.

The Gentleman Losers is awesome. I've heard of them somewhere. I'll check out an LP.

I wasn't really bowled over by the samples, either. The audio on YouTube is so shit, and it looses the charm of Bibio's production.

I know this sounds like complete bullshit, but it's true. Bibio's other LPs were scratchy and distorted, but this new one is exceptionally warm. Great Are The Piths. Another one of his folky vocal tracks.