rllmuk
Capwn

The Last Guardian

10 hours ago, FozZ said:

Finally got around to playing the VR "demo" / short, they made, this weekend and at the first opportunity made my gf play it. She had got really attached when I played the base game and that moment in VR when Trico leans in for a nuzzle, she was devastated that there was no real way to interact with him (she was reaching out to him so I grabbed a cushion and put it in place so she felt like she was stroking his nose :D) . The days where VR gloves that allow full on interaction can't come soon enough. 

What, proper touch-sensitive-send-signals-to-your-brain gloves so you can experience what it actually feels petting Trico's nose? I'd say you are about a century away. :P

38 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

What, proper touch-sensitive-send-signals-to-your-brain gloves so you can experience what it actually feels petting Trico's nose? I'd say you are about a century away. :P

Didn't say send signals to your brain, but at least feels like something is there. To that end, watch this:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

I would also have liked a locked 30fps@1080p on PS4 Pro, at least, since the 4K mode was really bad.

You can force that.  Set your PS4 to 1080p before starting the game. That's how I play the game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thor said:

You can force that.  Set your PS4 to 1080p before starting the game. That's how I play the game. 

That is what I had. Still chugged in some places though.

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yeah it does. It's still a fantastic game. Glad you stuck with it. :)

Oh, for sure. It's an amazing experience. I would never abandon an Ueda game but I'm glad I just didn't take a break as well. What an ambitious and emotional game.

Finally played this to completion. 

I'm quite interested in how much they paid the Marquis De Sade estate for the control scheme. 

A lovely game game all told, though without the charm of the giant chicken dog I wouldn't be giving it such praise. It could have been better, but it was still great. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't find the controls or camera anywhere near as bad as some apparently did. I'm used to slow, deliberate 3D controls from the early days of PC third person games, and (for the most part) accepted that the camera sometimes didn't have a lot of space to move because it never clips through scenery, the boy or Trico, for the sake of maintaining the illusion.

• Upvote 2

On 10/04/2014 at 15:33, Mystacon said:

7 years and counting. This better be the best thing ever.

Tell that to Crackdown 3.

On 10/04/2014 at 15:35, SMD said:

Imagine if it supports Project Morpheus.

Imagine!

• Upvote 2

I was planning on holding off on buying the PS5 until it was massively reduced in price, coinciding with the release of Ueda’s next game. I was banking on this being 3 years into the next gen at least :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

I was planning on holding off on buying the PS5 until it was massively reduced in price, coinciding with the release of Ueda’s next game. I was banking on this being 3 years into the next gen at least :facepalm:

I wouldn’t worry. Announce in January 2020 as a PS5 launch title = release in October 2034 as one of the last new games for the PS6.

• Upvote 6

I'm sure 2020 is just going to be the year they announce it, it's really important for Sony to show their hand/plans for the future to promote the PS5 this year. So they may even show a little clip or something. I don't think we'll have the same situation where it comes out 9 years later again, it's a different industry now.  

• Upvote 1

Whenever it comes out you know it will still be too ambitious for the hardware.

This entire game is like that power up that reverses your controls.

It’s so horrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Empathy 1

Yeah, in some ways it's a great experience but the bit where you have to play it is rubbish.

• Downvote 7

Any bit where you have to try and make that bleary dragon mule do something is teeth pull.

He’s gone for a bit now and it’s much more lovely. I hope he never comes back.

4 hours ago, carlito said:

This entire game is like that power up that reverses your controls.

It’s so horrible.

It so isn't. The fact that Trumpets agrees with you is proof you're wrong about this one. ;)

• Upvote 1

I mean it’s whatever you’re into I guess.

For me the Trico input/output lottery is as functional and rewarding as a car in which turning the ignition is just as likely to sound the horn, pop the hood, turn off the dishwasher or punch your wife as it is to start the engine.

“My baby is broken, all it does is cry and it won’t climb the walls when I ask it to” - Carlito. 

• Upvote 1

“I prefer to use my baby as a mode of transport and to solve complex environmental puzzles.” - Mugman.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

:sealclap:

Man, I might still disagree with your opinion, but respect where it's due, that's a great comeback.