IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

So yeah, with regards to the criticisms from some about the game not rewarding exploration - if I may be so bold - stop talking shite please.

I don't think anyone has said it doesn't reward exploration (it does) it just doesn't do it as well as other (already discussed) open world games. This game teeters on perfection for me, but it just needs that little nudge to make it truly feel like anything is possible.

My stats say for 'total time played' 3 days, 3hours, 44 min and 56 seconds - that can't be right surely :facepalm:

2 days, 7 hours and 30 minutes for me.

Does anyone here read the in-game newspapers? They are awesome! Lots of tales about the characters you've met and what happened to them. They make the whole story even more complete.

I sense a RDR2 coming up, starring

Jack Marston

I was about to head off up north myself after completing what I'm assuming will be the final Mexico mission. I didn't get around to even starting that mission though and ended up bumping into even more stranger missions whilst taking some detours and I'm now drawn into completing a couple of costume checklists and ambient challenges as a result. So yeah, with regards to the criticisms from some about the game not rewarding exploration - if I may be so bold - stop talking shite please.

o/

I walked up some obscure promontory in Mexico and found a little chest hiding away. I won't say where.

2 days, 7 hours and 30 minutes for me.

Does anyone here read the in-game newspapers? They are awesome! Lots of tales about the characters you've met and what happened to them. They make the whole story even more complete.

I sense a RDR2 coming up, starring

Jack Marston

I always read them. It was amazing when I was reading about the troubles in Mexico before I went there.

Unfortunately they are not updated enough.

20 hours in so far and still it doesn't show signs of falling away. I have HAD to skip a couple of journey scenes though, as I look up at the clock and realise I need to go to bed :facepalm:

I look up at the clock and realise I need to go to bed :facepalm:

Same here. I'd gotten out of the habit of playing games until silly o' clock, but RDR has sucked me back in. Rollling into bed at 2am with work the next (same) morning is not good.

The game is really warming up for me now. Apparently I have been nice enough to get a discount in all the shops so I have bought myself a horsey. I have the duster coat too, which will last me nicely until I get something with a bowler hat (I fancy myself as a sharpshooter with a bowler hat) and I have probably spent as much time just riding about and killing small furry animals as I have doing quests. There is a definite World of Warcraft vibe going on here, you can even loot things you kill, but I am quite happy picking flowers and doing the hunter/marksman challenges. I had an odd quirk on one of the challenges which asks me to kill two types of wildlife within one deadeye meter, so I promptly blew away a bird and a deer but nothing happened.

Rockstar really know how to do weather, don't they? I love those white hot, sun bleached days with cloudless, deep blue skys. But equally, I love those full on thunderstorms, the clouds bulging with rain and cracking with lightning.

Rockstar really know how to do weather, don't they? I love those white hot, sun bleached days with cloudless, deep blue skys. But equally, I love those full on thunderstorms, the clouds bulging with rain and cracking with lightning.

for me the the thunderstorms are the best in a game ever. Rolling all over the sky, sometime near, sometimes far. Astonishing audio as well. Stunning.

for me the the thunderstorms are the best in a game ever. Rolling all over the sky, sometime near, sometimes far. Astonishing audio as well. Stunning.

They are that good that my instant reaction is to find cover :lol: