IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Just done another part of the 'I Know You' sub mission... :lol:

It finishes after you find him in West Elizabeth.

I've gushed about that questline a couple of times in the thread already, but I can't help myself from doing so again:

Possibly my very favourite bit of RDR! :)

And that was before STUFF*, which absolutely blew my mind.

(Don't read unless you've finished all Main Missions)

The guy in black appearing, smiling, amongst the group outside the barn as John gets gunned down. Loved it. Devil coming to collect his due. Yesss.

Quick to finish? If you play it "properly" (ie don't rush from storymission to storymission but taking your time to explore, do the sidequests, play the minigames, go hunting, etc.) it's a huge timesink.

may have to buy it if there's enough to do to keep me busy for a while. when i rent games i tend to rush, hugely.

I'm 60 hours in and still playing this, even though I've finished it only yesterday. What a great story this game has. Hats off to Rockstar San Diego and here's to a sequel!

Once Upon A Time In The West was on last night on Dutch telly (RTL7), "made possible by Red Dead Redemption". Amazing! :lol:

It finishes after you find him in West Elizabeth.

I've gushed about that questline a couple of times in the thread already, but I can't help myself from doing so again:

Possibly my very favourite bit of RDR! :lol:

And that was before STUFF*, which absolutely blew my mind.

The guy in black appearing, smiling, amongst the group outside the barn as John gets gunned down. Loved it. Devil coming to collect his due. Yesss.

I saw it as being less the Devil and more his conscience reminding him of the evil shit that he had done that he had forgotten all about since he was coming to the end of his life. Like he said, you can't run away from who you really are

What the hell?! I never saw him I don't think? Where does it start off?

Oh... I think I've made a boo-boo. Can someone who's finished it tell me (Mexico stranger quest spoiler)

if I'd gone to see Eva at the convent earlier could I have saved her?

No. And for those that have done the Eva stranger mission...

you can't shoot kill the guy instead of paying him. Highlights that this is a linear game through and through.

I saw it as being less the Devil and more his conscience reminding him of the evil shit that he had done that he had forgotten all about since he was coming to the end of his life. Like he said, you can't run away from who you really are

Post-missions:

Yeah, I can see that. As a character,

Strange Man's identity is certainly (and I assume intentionally) played ambiguously so as to leave lotsa possible interpretations. I err towards the Devil thing mainly because of a couple of things he said in the Stranger missions - stuff like "I'm an accountant, you see", commenting on how he's been damned before, etc.

The Death / Conscience thing work too, but the character dripped so much sly charisma I just felt 'yeah, this is the devil'. :lol:

I've done this though :blink:

It's in the footlocker inside the first mexican safehouse you buy

Now I've a question: Do the bounty hunter side missions ever stop? Can you complete them, I mean?

Nope, you'll just stop getting named ones and the locations will recycle. 'Completing' the bounties in terms of what goes towards your game completion stat involves hitting all 20 of the locations spread across the three regions.

Really? I did shitloads in New Austin looking for my last 0.1% (wrong region, grr), easily a dozen or so before I went to Mexico and then eight or nine more after I finished the game; I just kept getting the blacked out question-mark posters.

Once Upon A Time In The West was on last night on Dutch telly (RTL7), "made possible by Red Dead Redemption". Amazing! :blink:

You do realize that's part of a commercial deal, right? :wub:

Still, I've also been feeling like watching a good western film sometime soon.

Credits have rolled: (only read spoiler parts if you have finished the game)

Well done R* for actually growing up with the source material. Everything about this game just worked. Amazing highs, coupled with the lowest lows. Characters I actually gave a damn about. Characters that made me laugh, characters that took me on a rollercoaster emotionally

I was gutted when John died, I felt helpless and wanted revenge instantly, so when it cut to Jack, I knew exaclty what I had to do. I cared not about reputation and honour anymore. I had to find Ross and finish him

It was the perfect ending to the story.

What about story? It held my attention more than many games have (Metro 2033 also did this) it was brilliantly written, the pacing was spot on too. If they decide to follow up the game, I hope it is with a fresh new set of characters and story, as this one was wrapped up perfectly.

I could wax lyrical about the game for ages. The story, characters, side missions, the atmosphere, the visuals... Oh my the score :blink: it was a wonderful score, used in just the right places to set the tone, never once feeling out of place.

There were bugs. hell I had to restart the game a few times due to some weird freezing glitch. It can be forgiven though, as R* San Diego have given us quite possibly the most complete open world title on a console to date. If this game does not pick up awards, then we have an amazing 6 months ahead.

It gives me hope that LA Noire and Max Payne 3 will be more of the same and that I will like the characters and want to see the stories through, hell hopefully GTA may even take some notes.

:wub:/10

Considering you finished it that means there's not far to go :blink:

Although I didn't progress yet, I've still got to do my first Blackwater mission. Going to do some other stuff first.

I have played a good many hours today and went through the missions at a fair rate, I got hooked to the last half of the story.

You do realize that's part of a commercial deal, right? :blink:

No shit, Sherlock! The Quick and the Dead's on now.

So, who has jumped into the saddle of their horse yet from various points? Try it from the balcony of Armadillo's saloon. Then from a (moving) train.

I watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly yesterday - one of my favourite films and one I've seen countless times. Vibes. Later on I decided to take a break from the Old West, so I tried out Blur. The title music of Blur is a remix of The Ecstasy of Gold from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly :blink:

I'm actually a tiny bit disappointed with the music. It's very sparse, and there's nothing that I find that memorable.

I keep wishing that I could hear this as I gallop across Mexico:

[yt]OLanWagsaM8[/yt]

Imagine if the next Zelda game had an overworld of RDR's quality. It won't happen, but just imagine!