IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Damn, that is annoying that you lose the ability to stay in dead eye after you fire. One of the main uses for Dead Eye 1.0 is to shoot someone, then stay in slo-mo and watch them fly gracefully backwards. Especially awesome with the double-barreled shotgun.

So does the cheat mode that lets you downgrade ruin the game? Can you turn the cheat off to save?

Guns question. Am I acquiring weapons "too slowly" for my in-game progress...?

I got to Mexico recently, having taken my sweet time exploring New Austin and doing all missions, stranger missions, gang hideouts (except Mercer) and numerous levels of ambient challenges. At the point of crossing over, I had the following weapons:

Cattleman Revolver, Volcanic Pistol, Repeater Carbine, Winchester Repeater, Springfield Rifle, Double Barelled Shotgun and Sawn-Off Shotgun (oh, and my knife, of course).

Arriving in Mexico, I went straight to the guy who teaches you Dead-Eye level 3 so now

I also have the Schofield Revolver

I'm about 40% complete, but, judging by the number of guns in the game, I think I must've missed a few. Without spoilers, is that the case? If so, I might ask for subtle hints - a gun-based treasure hunt provided by rllmuk, maybe... ;)

I've seen another rifle type in the gun shops in New Austin

(Buffalo Rifle)

, but it's never been available to buy, and I imagine Mexican gunshops will offer me a couple more - I haven't checked yet - but I must be somewhat behind in the arms race, right?

That feeling you get when you hear the scream of a cougar and you go straight to dead-eye and you're turning soooo slowly and it's coming right at you, totally bombing it towards you, big paws slapping the dirt and there's literal beads of sweat popping out on your head as you grip the pad tighter and tighter and Marston's swinging the gun up but it's so slow and you can see the muscles in it's back legs bunch up as it prepares to jump up and take your head off and the crosshair reaches it's forehead and you squeeze the trigger like you've never squezeed anything before and it's big, fierce head explodes into a big, fierce mess and it's momentum carries it's now dead body onwards and it slams into you and knocks you over and takes about half your health off but you get up and look down, trembling at what you have done.

And you know you are a man.

That feeling is why this game is a 10/10

well i'm off into town so i'll have a look, wanted to get it for under £40 but it seems pretty difficult.

i heard asda wanted to sell it at a special launch price but were told they had to sell it at a certain price, so they didn't stock any? i just read it on google when i tried to search to see what the price was in asda.

well i'm off into town so i'll have a look, wanted to get it for under £40 but it seems pretty difficult.

i heard asda wanted to sell it at a special launch price but were told they had to sell it at a certain price, so they didn't stock any? i just read it on google when i tried to search to see what the price was in asda.

Argos still have it for 35 and they will have received more stock today as well.

Goddamn rabbits. They're bouncing around everywhere when you're not looking for them, but now I WANT to kill them, can I find them? Can i buggery!

I'm in the same boat. They usually hang out around the train tracks everywhere but I can't find any at all now.

You're about where I was. You need to do something in-game to get the Buffalo rifle. You get loads more guns from soon.

Is it: Kill a

buffalo

?

I haven't left any unique/special weapons behind in New Austin, have I?

I can see me getting to 99% completion and having a tonne of guns to use for the first time for the last 5 minutes of the story... :)

I thought it was just unlocked by mission progression?

I'm not really sure now, though.

another thing I just noticed about the 'ending'

I checked on youtube, and the shots of the army firing squad are random.....my ending was particularly brutal as one lucky git managed to land a shot square on johns face, leaving the whole left side looking like arnie in Terminator.

Buffalo rifle:

It's unlocked by reaching rank 5 or 6 in 1 of the challenges - either the sharpshooting 1 or the skinning every living thing you come across 1.

There really aren't that many weapons and they're almost all given by the main story quests and/or buying them from the gun shops of which there is only 1 in each region so you can't miss them. Buffalo gun was the last 1 I got in fact.

I feel the same way to be honest. I would look forward to playing the game, but ten minutes after booting it up, I'd find myself becoming bored and then switching it off again.

And I don't know why.

I find I'm leaving the console turned off for 10 minutes, before finding I've somehow turned it back on again, and six effortlessly fun hours have passed.

Must suck to not be enjoying this.

END GAME SPOILERS

Anyone else feel like they can fuck around more with Jack? When I was playing as John I never wanted to do something I didn't think he would do, but Jack is more of a blank canvas so I do as I like. Whether they intended this to a degree or not I do not know, but it is great to be able to finally play around in the world after beating the main missions.

I got to 100% complete last night.

It's been brilliant all the way through. It's a good game to 100% as well, partly down to the fact that there's no grueling collect-a-thons (pigeons, orbs, that kinda shit). The only part which slowed me down were the bounty missions in Mexico, but they're always fun to do anyways.

Easily GOTY so far for me, I can't imagine anything that can top it.

I got to 100% complete last night.

It's been brilliant all the way through. It's a good game to 100% as well, partly down to the fact that there's no grueling collect-a-thons (pigeons, orbs, that kinda shit). The only part which slowed me down were the bounty missions in Mexico, but they're always fun to do anyways.

Easily GOTY so far for me, I can't imagine anything that can top it.

So, what was the total /played for 100%?

The Social Club site makes it very easy to see what's needed for 100% too. I'm 81% apparently, without finishing the story yet. I quite like that the worst collecting I've had to do is 15 of something mapped or 5 of something randomly generated. Minimum autistic collecting for the win.

So you can keep playing after the ending to get 100%, right? Even if you

lose outfits

. I think I only have story missions left to do, but there's one outfit that supposedly unlocks after the last mission.

In RDR a friend told me to go back to the Tumbleweed mansion

and stay the night. I did and nothing seemed to happen until I went down to the basement when I heard wood creaking like someone was upstairs. When I went to go check it out, no one was there. I heard someone greet me but no one was there. I went upstairs, doors usally stay open but this one slammed behind me. I started running around pushing around furniture and people started yelling at me, like when you bump into people in the towns, but there was no one around. I started shooting and then I heard screaming, again no one to be seen. I ran back down stairs but I was locked in. I had to get out through the basement