IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Ah, but living off beans, he'd be like a real cowboy! It'd be like that scene from Blazing Saddles!

Plus, if he does get the runs, he'll have to stay at home. And play Red Dead Redemption. Whilst eating beans (and running to the toilet). It'll be ace!

Finally got to Great Plains/Blackwater/High Hills. Strolling into Blackwater was like that scene from Being John Marston..I mean Malkovich. Marston, Marston,Marston - Is that...Marston, Marston, Marston.

For an obviously intelligent bunch, nobody at R* sat there and said "Hang on... that sounds and looks completely ridiculous. Every man woman, child and dog knows who you are and says hello or something similarly silly.

Also met my first three bears within the space of a minute or so - three dead bears.

Finally got to Great Plains/Blackwater/High Hills. Strolling into Blackwater was like that scene from Being John Marston..I mean Malkovich. Marston, Marston,Marston - Is that...Marston, Marston, Marston.

For an obviously intelligent bunch, nobody at R* sat there and said "Hang on... that sounds and looks completely ridiculous. Every man woman, child and dog knows who you are and says hello or something similarly silly.

:hat:

Oh man you're not paying attention at all! People knowing who you are has nothing to do with where you are, don't be silly. Remember the fame bar that pops up occasionally? There's also a stat in your stats menu that shows your fame, with 'fame' of course meaning how famous you are. And if you're very famous then everybody will know who you are! By now you're probably really famous so a lot of people will greet you (unless your honour is really low, then they'll flee in terror) and not just in Blackwater, but in every single town in the game.

:hat:

Oh man you're not paying attention at all! People knowing who you are has nothing to do with where you are, don't be silly. Remember the fame bar that pops up occasionally? There's also a stat in your stats menu that shows your fame, with 'fame' of course meaning how famous you are. And if you're very famous then everybody will know who you are! By now you're probably really famous so a lot of people will greet you (unless your honour is really low, then they'll flee in terror) and not just in Blackwater, but in every single town in the game.

I know it's linked to your fame stats but every soundbite is Marston this, Marston that..it looks and sounds fucking daft. It would have been slightly more convincing if you were recognised now and again but not by every living organism in the world. I'm waiting for a piece of tumbleweed or a flower I pluck to say "Fuck me, it's that John Marston!"

Actually didn't seem as bad in Mexico for some reason.

I know it's linked to your fame stats but every soundbite is Marston this, Marston that..it looks and sounds fucking daft. It would have been slightly more convincing if you were recognised now and again but not by every living organism in the world. I'm waiting for a piece of tumbleweed or a flower I pluck to say "Fuck me, it's that John Marston!"

Actually didn't seem as bad in Mexico for some reason.

Ah I see, I thought you meant why it was like that in Blackwater the way you worded your post. But yeah, that's the price of fame!

Riding my horse for the first time on the way to Thieves landing, and hunting and skinning animals, foraging etc, made me kind of want a Robin Hood-esque game done in this style. But then I thought ranged weaponry was pretty limited back then, and melee combat has never been a strong point of these games.

So? I was speaking in terms of westerns in general; no machine guns in any of them other than the massive gatling guns. I'm merely being a traditionalist. :eyebrows:

I'm pretty sure the wild bunch had a Maxim, rather than a gatling.

Anyway, did anyone find the weather being constant rolling storms in the last couple of missions leading up to

killing dutch? I wasn't sure if it was scripted, but it made the armoured car bit a right pain in the arse. Couldn't see shit.

So is the train just broken after

the De Santa mission where you have to stop it reaching the bridge

? It's been sat outside Casa Madraguda for ages and I've got a horsejacker here in need of some iron justice.

So is the train just broken after

the De Santa mission where you have to stop it reaching the bridge

? It's been sat outside Casa Madraguda for ages and I've got a horsejacker here in need of some iron justice.

Yep. I thought something was critically busted but it starts moving properly again after a mission or two.

I'm not sure if the train is broken, isn't it the last stop

before the bridge you saw blow up

, so can't go any further? If you move on with the story then

things get moving again once the bridge has been repaired

The train "broke down" outside McFarlane's ranch for me once. It was still there after I'd saved and loaded a couple of times too.

I killed the driver, saved and reloaded again and it was back to normal.

So when you lasso and tame a wild horse what do you do with it?

Can you take it anywhere to sell or something?

Shoot it in the face, with deadeye, using a repeating shotgun.

Finished the story off but got no credits.

Is that to do with getting 100% (which I haven't yet) or have I missed something else? Is it possible to pick out and kill the main G-man in that final shootout?

Edit: Never mind. Just tracked the topic back a bit and got a pointer.

Seems I need to go to Blackwater when 'the time is right'. Of course, the very first thing I did was go to Blackwater thinking I could avenge Pa. Nothing there yet though. I'll pootle about a bit.