IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Finished properly. Just shy of 40 hours on the clock, 88% complete. Still got a fair few ambient challenges to do and I'm sure I'll still be trying to kill two cougars with a knife come Christmas. But yeah... one of the best games I've ever played.

I ended up punching a cougar to death earlier because I got overexcited when it rushed out of the damned bushes at me and forgot to unholster my knife. Definitely my favourite game to be released this year by far, I wish they would actually make either a Robin Hood or a game that is set is Medieval times but with the same mechanics because it would more than likely be awesome, especially if I could have falcons that I could use for hunting or just for setting on people to pluck their eyes out.

I doubt it'd happen, but I'd quite like R* to go into some detail of how they constructed their game-world, wildlife in particular.

I'm sure I saw a pack of wolves circling a grizzly the other day. They kept ducking in and out for a nibble, harrassing him, but I saw at least one get batted aside with his big bear paws. I'm pretty sure I've seen cougars go after deer on one or two occasions, and when I downed an eagle the other day I saw a fox dart out of the undergrowth towards it. I like to think it was behaving as a fox would, but it might have just been startled by my gunshot.

Oh, and for whoever it was looking for beaver, tall trees ain't great. I find anywhere from bearclaw camp to hannigans stead is better. You'll know you're in the right area because the river calms down significantly. I was actually disappointed not to see a couple of beaver lodges or dams built into it.

I only just realised I can press Y on the journal screen to get detailed info on each of the challenges in regards to how many things I've done / collected :lol:

I only just realised something while watching The Quick And The Dead....you supposedly get given a pump-action shotty after

And The Truth Shall Set You Free.....I think that's the one where you face Dutch.

. As with most gifted weapons, I never even noticed. Anyone else?

Yes it does, and don't watch it. It's shit and, personally, I reckon it does the game no favours whatsoever. Looks like it was cut together by a twelve year-old and makes no sense.

Thanks for the heads up, I will steer clear I think.

I doubt it'd happen, but I'd quite like R* to go into some detail of how they constructed their game-world, wildlife in particular.

I'm sure I saw a pack of wolves circling a grizzly the other day. They kept ducking in and out for a nibble, harrassing him, but I saw at least one get batted aside with his big bear paws. I'm pretty sure I've seen cougars go after deer on one or two occasions, and when I downed an eagle the other day I saw a fox dart out of the undergrowth towards it. I like to think it was behaving as a fox would, but it might have just been startled by my gunshot.

Oh, and for whoever it was looking for beaver, tall trees ain't great. I find anywhere from bearclaw camp to hannigans stead is better. You'll know you're in the right area because the river calms down significantly. I was actually disappointed not to see a couple of beaver lodges or dams built into it.

Just had 2 bears walk past me some 30 paces away, roaring and grunting at me, but they did not attack. Instead, they just dashed at me a little before stopping and turning around, repeating it again, as if they were trying to tell me to back off out of their territory! Never seen that before in my 60+ hours in the game. The Indian fellow was right - leave them be, don't startle them and they will possibly move on.

Rockstar:

We are aware that there are still some of you out there experiencing issues with Red Dead Redemption, including multiplayer connectivity and getting the Mo Van Barr bounty. We are currently testing a Red Dead Redemption title update for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 that aims to fix these and other items. Due to the unpredictable nature of the testing and console manufacturer submission process, we cannot pin down a very specific date and time, but we do expect this to be released for download for both systems by the end of next week. We can assure you we are working with our partners at Microsoft and Sony to make this title update available literally as soon as possible.

Once again, we thank everyone for their continued patience and understanding. As a token of our appreciation for your patience and in gratitude to all the Red Dead fans out there, we are also planning on releasing the Expert Hunter and Savvy Merchant outfits and related challenges later this summer for free. Please stay tuned for more details on that - as well as on the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Missions DLC Pack coming for free later this month.

Completed the last of the ambient challenges last night. Legend of the West outfit get! Also bought up the few remaining guns from the various gunsmiths. Rare weapons get!

Now I'm armed to the teeth and ready to take on the the last few chapters!

This game is pretty cool! I have been playing for a few hours now and had a few 'random' events. I rode into Armadillo and found some guy stabbing a hooker to death on the porch of the saloon whilst shouting "you filthy whore". He then promptly got up and took off across the desert, I pursued on foot and finally caught up to him after a long chase, tied him up and left him on the railway tracks. Is this kind of thing common because I loved the randomness of it!

Well, it's random but also repetitive. Being an Armadillo hooker's a dangerous prospect it would seem.

And no doubt that's quite a realistic observation.

It's just a bit samey in-game after a while*. Luckily there's a fair spread of random events to keep you entertained.

* Yeah, most things are samey in most games "after a while"....it's just how long that "while" takes to come.

Anyone else feel the need to walk everywhere, rather than run? As with Hitman, I feel that my character shouldn't be running about the place, especially as his walk animation is so cool and running animation so camp.

It can take ages though. I did that West Dickens mission where he drops you outside a town and asks you to wander up to his show as a stooge. I walked the whole way. My girlfriend said "can't you run in this?" and I said "I don't want to!!"

I'm sure i saw a giant black hare over on the western edge of the map. It looked about the size of a boar, and had massive floppy ears as it hopped away from me, over a ridge. I shot after it (on foot) and couldn't find the f**ker.

Anyone else seen this?

Anyone else feel the need to walk everywhere, rather than run? As with Hitman, I feel that my character shouldn't be running about the place, especially as his walk animation is so cool and running animation so camp.

It can take ages though. I did that West Dickens mission where he drops you outside a town and asks you to wander up to his show as a stooge. I walked the whole way. My girlfriend said "can't you run in this?" and I said "I don't want to!!"

Yep, totally. Sometimes I run when I think none of the NPC's are looking then slow down and mosey into view :omg: