IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Hey, quick question (and apologies if it's already been answered in thread) - could anyone check whether RDR saves can be copied/moved? Simply so I know whether I'll need to transport my 360 back home to play it, or if I can happily play it on my brother's 360 while I'm here, and transfer them when I move on.

Not got very far with this but really liking it.

Perhaps my only tip so far for anyone just starting to play it, and i don't know if it been mentioned, is that if you lose your horse you can summon him like Gandalf, by pressing up on the d-pad .

I only found this out recently after quite a few hours play and a few (long) runs back to town when i didn't want to set up a campfire. :omg:

Re Tumbleweed:

So does something happen in the mansion in Tumbleweed

at night? Or is it

just the spooky atmosphere? I cleared it out during the day but got creeped out waiting after that and went back to civilisation

:(

Oh yes something's happening alright in Tumbleweed's mansion...after midnight. Mwhahahahahaha! :omg:

Not got very far with this but really liking it.

Perhaps my only tip so far for anyone just starting to play it, and i don't know if it been mentioned, is that if you lose your horse you can summon him like Gandalf, by pressing up on the d-pad .

I only found this out recently after quite a few hours play and a few (long) runs back to town when i didn't want to set up a campfire. :huh:

:omg:

Oh yes something's happening alright in Tumbleweed's mansion...after midnight. Mwhahahahahaha! :(

Hold me :huh:

Hey, quick question (and apologies if it's already been answered in thread) - could anyone check whether RDR saves can be copied/moved? Simply so I know whether I'll need to transport my 360 back home to play it, or if I can happily play it on my brother's 360 while I'm here, and transfer them when I move on.

Just copied my save to a back up USB stick yesterday, that was on PS3 but i imagine it'll be the same for 360.

END GAME SPOILERS - DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME

So, when John Marston gets gunned down, the "I Know You" guy is supposed to be standing there? I think the last bit I did with him, was when he was looking over Beecher's Hope, and I shot him six times in the back, and he survived. Was there any more after that? Anyway, he's obviously Death, isn't he?

Must admit, I will feel awfully sad and lonely, riding around as Jack Marston though.

Excellent game. I enjoyed this way more than GTAIV, even with high expectations going in.

I'm going to give it 9.5/10. :omg:

I'm sure i saw a giant black hare over on the western edge of the map. It looked about the size of a boar, and had massive floppy ears as it hopped away from me, over a ridge. I shot after it (on foot) and couldn't find the f**ker.

Anyone else seen this?

mv5bmtq5nja0ode2ov5bml5ly9.jpg

All right this mission is really getting on my nerves, its the one where you have to show the mexican rebels where to place the diynamite under the bridge for the ambush, after they set it all up and go hide in waiting and NOTHING flipping happens I stood around for like 5 minutes??! and I tried it like 4 times

Credits have rolled. Can't think of a better last half hour in a game, pretty much ever. Brilliantly done.

Hats off to R* - best thing they've done since Manhunt and I hope they tackle another genre next rather than return too soon.

I take it that is the end after the credits, bar tooling around?

Hmm I can try looking there again, but Im sure I have looked all round and when I go out far enough it just tells me to go back to the ambush point and help the rebels plant the explosives(when I already have), weird, maybe next time I start it up it wont happen, I hope its not a permanent bug

I think I might be remembering options from the DEAD screen. Doesn't it say 'Cancel Mission' and 'Retry from last checkpoint'?

Try and kill yourself. Stand over the dynamite and shoot it (no idea if that works). Or just start killing NPCs I guess.

EDIT: Oh wait, guess the bug call was premature!