IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Strange Brokeback Mountain bit I found in the game. A picnic blanket was set out and one guy was lying dead and the other guy was crying. He said he something about not living without his love and then blew his brains out :)

Seen that bit too! apart from mine didn't kill himself, he'd been drinking a TON and had some wine in his hand then he just keeled over.

Marston is a bit of a lightweight when it comes to drinking though, I think he already fell over after 5 shots or something.

That is quite odd when his famous namesake is a brewer. You know, the great Victorian bloke who brought you Marston's:

ped2.JPG

I spent ages looking for the advert with the song on Youtube. Couldnt find it. :)

MASSIVE SPOILERS:

Finished!

Make sure once you're playing as Jack that you go and do the mission 'remembering my family', picked up as a stranger quest in Blackwater. Definitely don't miss it.

Anyway, a few niggles aside, this is one of the most incredible games I've ever played. All in all it's an overwhelming success, a dramatically satisfying tale set in a wonderful time period and simply the most beautiful and dynamic game world I've ever encountered. There were so many things I loved about it, but I'll have a think about it before I post any detailed thoughts.

I'm left with one major thought since switching the console off though. Anyone who still maintains that games have nothing to offer besides empty thrills and hollow characters can do one. Truly RDR is one more baby step towards cultural relevance and significance for gaming, proof positive that good writing and interesting, believable characters make an incalculable difference, and are still all too rare. Just this year we've had this and ME2, which both engaged me emotionally.

Also, I don't want to get too gushy, but if art is measured by the emotion it elicits from a person, riding across the plains during a thunderstorm or a sunset must count as something more than a simple game mechanic. Stirring stuff.

Also, I don't want to get too gushy, but if art is measured by the emotion it elicits from a person, riding across the plains during a thunderstorm or a sunset must count as something more than a simple game mechanic. Stirring stuff.

Yeah, risking going all OTT here, but this game felt so nostalgic, in being part of a world that's now long gone and lost. Just imagine riding your horse through largely uncharted land where wild horses and all kinds of animals roam freely. A little pang of pain that all of that is covered in cities and tarmac now :quote:

Yeah, risking going all OTT here, but this game felt so nostalgic, in being part of a world that's now long gone and lost. Just imagine riding your horse through largely uncharted land where wild horses and all kinds of animals roam freely. A little pang of pain that all of that is covered in cities and tarmac now :quote:

It's not THAT lost. there were still loads of places when I lived in Colorado that were like that.

I just checked that scene again on youtube, and I definitely didnt get that song when I played it :quote:

I didn't get it either. Sucks, Jose Gonzalez is amazing :ph34r:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I vaguely remember some music kicking in, but it was only playing for a second or two because I immediately tried to whistle for my better horse, didn't want to ride the shitty one :( looking at the youtube videos, it seems calling your horse cuts the song short - it fades out after you whistle.

I felt that quite keenly and quite often. It made me long for a simpler time. Riding through the beautiful landscape feeling independent and disconnected made me feel sadness for what we'd lost, even despite all the horrible racism and ignorance of the time.

Anyone fancy some co-op this eveining (well I say co-op what I mean is trying to form a rllmuk posse on free roam).

WHat I would love when we get co-op missions is some kind of Butch cassidy / Sundaqnce Kid shootout. Would love to hole up somewhere and then take on the Marshalls with a couple of pardner's.

Yes please.

I felt that quite keenly and quite often. It made me long for a simpler time. Riding through the beautiful landscape feeling independent and disconnected made me feel sadness for what we'd lost, even despite all the horrible racism and ignorance of the time.

Move to Western Australia. You can have all of that stuff in spades there!

Marston is a bit of a lightweight when it comes to drinking though, I think he already fell over after 5 shots or something.

And he stays drunk for a longer time when he's had Tequila too, instead of wimpy Gin.

I need to go to Groningen.

Corrected. Plenty of horseback riding to be had here, and open landscapes with lots of animals. I used to ride occasionally (not wearing lycra suits though, just jeans, mind you!).

You're in Amsterdam, yeah?

Did anyone else kill Edgar's relatives while tracking him down? I fucking well did!

I did!!! I actually assumed it was going to give me an option. When it didn't,

I put a Revolver shot in all of their skulls.

I've reached Mexico!

Jose Gonzales

for the win!

This actually was one of my fondest moments in the game for me, I literally can't think of a better moment.

I actually wanted to ride my horse to the Mexico objective (granted I had no choice, I usually fast travel if possible) with the added bonus of an absolutely superb song playing.

I've battered the game too much, I'm going cold turkey - I reckon I'll be back into it for the co-op pack thing.

That's a bit of a problem. I love rural countryside, but at the same time I want to go out for a kebab whenever I feel like it, have pizzas and other food delivered to my door (preferably a choice of various exotic cuisines), high speed internet access and pretty much any kind of shop within 30 minutes driving distance.

Japan it is, then. :quote:

I didn't get it either. Sucks, Jose Gonzalez is amazing :quote:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I vaguely remember some music kicking in, but it was only playing for a second or two because I immediately tried to whistle for my better horse, didn't want to ride the shitty one :ph34r: looking at the youtube videos, it seems calling your horse cuts the song short - it fades out after you whistle.

You know, I think I was the same. I remember thinking I had read that you should be on a donkey at that point, and quickly jumped off to try and find one :(

That's a bit of a problem. I love rural countryside, but at the same time I want to go out for a kebab whenever I feel like it, have pizzas and other food delivered to my door (preferably a choice of various exotic cuisines), high speed internet access and pretty much any kind of shop within 30 minutes driving distance.

lg-promo-a-place-in-the-sun-home-or-away-1.jpg

Just finished the game. I absolutely loved the ending. I assume I'm not the only one who

killed Edgar's wife and brother too? I mean, I've been playing as an honourable cowboy for the entire game, never hurt an innocent person, but after that ending everybody had it coming. Revenge!

The weird thing is that having finished it, I can't wait to get back to it. So much still left to do, and it's a game world I never ever want to leave :quote:

Sequel plz, asap!

Edit: and if this doesn't end up being my GotY, then I can't wait to play the game that is even more brilliant and generally amaze than RDR.

Boar hunting is hard work. Had 5 cougar attacks in 2 minutes.

And then what's my NEXT challenge ?

Kill 2 cougars with your melee knife.

:quote:

I bet I won't see a cougar for days.

Anyone ready for MP yet ?

Will turn on my 360 right now :ph34r:

I've not had the best of luck ith horses today.

First of all I heard a growl, but I hit deadeye and shot the cougars head just before it got too me. Then a bit down the road another bolted past and swiped at my horse on it's way. Dead. I killed that one as well, and waited till I could whistle for a new horse. So I carried on my journey when yet another cougar managed too kill my horse.

A little while after that I was set upon by a apck of wolves. I thought I'd killed them all, but one had managed too hide under my horse and it took great pleasure in depriving me of my third stead.

Everything went well for a while, until a woman was screaming for help. So I went over to see what was happening. It turned out she had lured me into an ambush. However, I amanged too kill all the thugs she's set upon me and I hogtied her. Just as I was putting her on my horse it dropped dead. :quote: