IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Woo, just finished at about 93%!

Big ending spoilers:

Did anyone catch the date on abigail's grave? It looks like Jack has aged a little bit by the time you control him and get the final mission. If so, it'd have been great to have all the settlements ever so slightly modernised and maybe even the odd driver, just to show how the end of that life has gone that little bit further.

Woo, just finished at about 93%!

Big ending spoilers:

Did anyone catch the date on abigail's grave? It looks like Jack has aged a little bit by the time you control him and get the final mission. If so, it'd have been great to have all the settlements ever so slightly modernised and maybe even the odd driver, just to show how the end of that life has gone that little bit further.

What does it mean by taking a Treasure Hunter bounty alive?

The Treasure Huntererers are one of the gangs in New Austin (starting region), found on the western side of the map. Look for Bounty Posters at that very small safehouse settlement in the north-west of the map (I forget the name, Rathskeller's Fork maybe?). At some point - possibly dictated by how far along the campaign you are - wanted posters for members of the Treasure Hunter gang will start to appear.

I found it a lot easier to use the Buffalo rifle and take headshots. That way you can use dead eye to make sure your aim is perfect and you also won't get caught off guard when the buggers sneak up on you and end up at close range.

Yeah but I didn't get the Buffalo Rifle until well after finishing the main story so I had little choice.

The Treasure Huntererers are one of the gangs in New Austin (starting region), found on the western side of the map. Look for Bounty Posters at that very small safehouse settlement in the north-west of the map (I forget the name, Rathskeller's Fork maybe?). At some point - possibly dictated by how far along the campaign you are - wanted posters for members of the Treasure Hunter gang will start to appear.

Ah wicked, thanks.

I found it a lot easier to use the Buffalo rifle and take headshots. That way you can use dead eye to make sure your aim is perfect and you also won't get caught off guard when the buggers sneak up on you and end up at close range.

most of the riffles/repeaters will kill a bear in one shot so long as it's around the centre of the head.

LOL, I caught a bit from that 'Man From Blackwater' last night, over a buddy's house. There appears to be some sort of anomaly contained in Fort Mercer that allows instant teleportation to Tumbleweed and back again.

Quick question RE Buffalo - if you kill around half the herd but the other half runs off in another direction, will you be able to find the remaining surviving buffalo again? I only managed to kill 11 and the other 9 got away and now I can't find them anywhere on the plains for love nor money.

EDIT: Never mind, found a few more. Seems they can stray beyond the confines of the Great Plains, there was some right near the very south of West Elizabeth... hope none of them went into the river because supposedly then they don't respawn

Regarding the Treasure Hunter outfit - it says I have to complete the 'California' stranger mission. I'm in Mexico and I've not seen that particular mission, which seems odd for such an early outfit. Have I missed something?

The mansion surely is. Go there around midnight and listen carefully.

I've been there a few times after midnight now and never seen or heard anything out of the ordinary. What exactly is supposed to happen?

Regarding the Treasure Hunter outfit - it says I have to complete the 'California' stranger mission. I'm in Mexico and I've not seen that particular mission, which seems odd for such an early outfit. Have I missed something?

He's over to the south of the road by gaptooth breach sitting under a tree, playing a harmonica.

Go to the basement and keep looking at the skull on the wall.

There's more to it than that. You need to be facing the skull between midnight and 1am, then spin on the spot five times and whistle.

So I finished the game yesterday. Awesome! I really enjoyed it from start to end, and the ending sequences were great, if a little rockstar-scripted in the big missions.

End Game Spoilers:

I was going to go around and clear the last few bits I need for 100% (basically a couple of bounty locations and the US Marshall outfit) but I have a problem: I don't like being Jack :)

Oooh, I just came across a slightly different version of the "mourning spouse" scenario. Rather than killing himself, the guy was downing the whisky like it was the last drop of water on the planet, he drank himself to death... :)

Cool.

There's more to it than that. You need to be facing the skull between midnight and 1am, then spin on the spot five times and whistle.

Right, so nowt happens then I take it. Shame, they could have done something good with the setting.