IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

I agree with the murky complaint about Thieves Landing. It's weird that they made it that way because at certain times of the day you can see the other surrounding weather conditions trying to get through giving everything a really odd atmosphere.

As for Mexico, I think the reason most people criticize it is because the story feels very padded during that part of the game. They probably could have done a better job of maintaining the pace of the story.

When you need to 'search' an area to fufill a condition for an outfit. E.G 'Search Thieves Landing'. Does that mean you just need to find any chests/furniture to loot or do you need to traverse the whole place?

Most of the way into Mexico right now and a bit conflicted about it. On one hand it's utterly beautiful in places, but the content does seem far sparser than America ( realistically I guess it would be, but that's not really an excuse ) and I keep finding myself nipping to the first map to stay interested in the game.

When you need to 'search' an area to fufill a condition for an outfit. E.G 'Search Thieves Landing'. Does that mean you just need to find any chests/furniture to loot or do you need to traverse the whole place?

Most of the way into Mexico right now and a bit conflicted about it. On one hand it's utterly beautiful in places, but the content does seem far sparser than America ( realistically I guess it would be, but that's not really an excuse ) and I keep finding myself nipping to the first map to stay interested in the game.

There's normally just one particular chest (or one in the whole area) you have to find. I did a lot of just walking about a place before I realised this.

I don't think so, but you're not missing out on much. The Hungarian half-bred is just as tough and only marginally slower. All the warhorse is is a combination of the Hungarian and American.

I've got a Kentucky Saddler atm, because I haven't had the internet for 2 weeks I feel like I've missed out on a lot of the things you can do lol.

How do I get access to that high stakes poker game? I signed up to R* social club but there doesn't seem to be an option to get the different attire or whatever it was...

Did you link your gamertag to your R*SC account, and are you sure the outfit isn't unlocked for you?

The game is in the Blackwater hotel, but I don't think you need to reach Blackwater to get the actual outfit as the notice popped up for me at the very start of the game.

Usually, when I kill the group of men after me, the shooting stops. Unless you accidentally capped a whore or something?

And if I shoot or wave a gun at the wrong person in all the hoo-ha, then might I get both gangs on me? That could explain it. I've since been told that the role of TL is supposedly similar to Paradise Falls in Fallout 3: the place to go when the rest of the world isn't accommodating to your peculiar moral abdication. I've been enjoying this game so much that I've put off the main storyline whenever possible, so it could be a while before I experiment with life on a dark horse. Hmm, I don't suppose the bandana might also disguise an honourable character in TL? Probably just pegs the ratings, so I suspect not.

I got some bugs when doing the last storyline mission for Mexico (no spoilers). First of all it was always raining, which I don't like to see during missions because it makes everything murky. Nighttime is clear and lovely, but thunder storms are just murky.

The weirdest thing is that a cutscene broke. I've never seen that before. It was supposed to be a quick shot of villagers running away in fear, before cutting to something else. But the villagers ran in one direction, then broke their script and walked away like confused NPCs, and the camera angle never changed. Had to restart.

Then there were graphical glitches, and half the sound effects and music didn't play. It was an important cutscene too. Hmm.

Anyway, finally at the last part of the map! Lets see if Tall Trees is scary like people say.

Quite a lot of the time during cutscenes if the camera angle changed and a copy of the character model would freeze in the place the change had occurred for the rest of the scene, sometimes it even had an idle animation. It was a bit unsettling especially when it was supposed to be an intimate moment between two characters and I'd notice a guy in the corner and think "who the devil is that? Oh, it's an exact copy of me, weird"

I got some bugs when doing the last storyline mission for Mexico (no spoilers). First of all it was always raining, which I don't like to see during missions because it makes everything murky. Nighttime is clear and lovely, but thunder storms are just murky.

The weirdest thing is that a cutscene broke. I've never seen that before. It was supposed to be a quick shot of villagers running away in fear, before cutting to something else. But the villagers ran in one direction, then broke their script and walked away like confused NPCs, and the camera angle never changed. Had to restart.

Then there were graphical glitches, and half the sound effects and music didn't play. It was an important cutscene too. Hmm.

Anyway, finally at the last part of the map! Lets see if Tall Trees is scary like people say.

I had almost exactly that in the last Mexico mission. I think there was a bit where a carriage is meant to drive off, but it just stood there motionless, while the camera moved as though following the path the carriage was meant to take. I thought it had frozen, but while I was raging it suddenly cut to the 'mission complete' music and the camera reset, before the carriage moved off.

I've had quite a few glitchy bugs along the way. The oddest has to be in Mexico. I'd just met the old outlaw guy, forget his name now. Anyway I did the mission where you have to

shoot the bottles in deadeye, then the birds

after when we were walking to our horses for the second part of the mission, he just started to go mental shooting at everyone. The village was going crazy with NPCs running around screaming. As we neared our horses he started putting bullet after bullet into his. I was massively confused at this at first thinking it was part of the mission. He then jumped onto his blooded, yet still living horse and trotted off acting all casual.

Indeed what Tom said; sign up on the SC site, then link your tag in the game's SC menu. Then go to the Blackwater hotel, 1st floor.

Yeah I've done all of that, if I go to the social club menu in game, it recognises that I'm all linked up but there's no new outfit in my selection screen... I might try it again in a minute, I did reboot and everything too.

Managed to get the Most Wanted achievement today. Dropped into a public free roam game that ony had three other players in it, spread all across the map, so I went to McFarlane Ranch, went upstairs in the barn, shot a cow to get a bounty on my head, then just hid behind some hay-bales. None of the marshalls who entered the barn could shoot me unless they climbed the ladders - whereupon I'd shoot them down before they reached the top. Once I got Most Wanted status and there were no marshalls too close, I whistled my horse and hightailed it into the wilderness. I had a few 'Oh shit!' moments where I got myself backed against cliffs and I could see the law gaining on me, but I escaped eventually. Some more marshalls turned up about 5 minutes later, but I outran them. Then two of the other players decided they wanted my bounty and started gunning for me, but just as they were closing on my position (I could hear the whine of gunfire whistling past), the achievent popped. :eyebrows:

I felt the same as that too after the credits. I got something like 98% or something at the end, but the additional stuff to get that 2% seemed like a chore. Think it was clear gang hideouts in new austin in 24 hours (in game 24 hours or just in one day? The latter would be piss easy if it is), and the final sharpshooter challenge, which I can see being the most frustrating thing ever.

The last Sharpshooter challenge seems quite hard but it's not really. Just do a bounty mission and go into dead-eye with a weapon with the required capacity. And the all-gang-hideouts-in-24-hour challenge is a lot of fun. Worth going for 100% I'd say.

I felt the same as that too after the credits. I got something like 98% or something at the end, but the additional stuff to get that 2% seemed like a chore. Think it was clear gang hideouts in new austin in 24 hours (in game 24 hours or just in one day? The latter would be piss easy if it is), and the final sharpshooter challenge, which I can see being the most frustrating thing ever.

The clear gang hideouts is dead easy to do. You only need to do the five in New Austin in less that 24 hours (in-game time). It took me about 40 minutes or so.

The last shapshooter challenge isn't too bad either. Just go to one of the gang hideouts and use a weapon that holds a large number of rounds (the Evans Repeater is good) and make sure you don't put it away or it auto-reloads. It's easy to do using deadeye.

The only thing I found was a drag was the bounty missions, because I'd like 11 of them till after the credits and doing them was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing around the map.

I'd recommend doing them during the course of the game.

The only thing I found was a drag was the bounty missions, because I'd like 11 of them till after the credits and doing them was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing around the map.

I'd recommend doing them during the course of the game.

I was the same. I had 11 left to do after the main game was complete. They're only worth .1% each towards the 100% too.

I enjoyed doing them, but by the end I wasn't even attempting to capture the bounty alive, just gunning him down and legging it with the proof.

I was the same. I had 11 left to do after the main game was complete. They're only worth .1% each towards the 100% too.

I enjoyed doing them, but by the end I wasn't even attempting to capture the bounty alive, just gunning him down and legging it with the proof.

I have about 8 bounties left to finish off. I've ended up gunning them down also since it isn't worth the pittance you get for them after the main game anyway.

I also have to get the 500 rifle/repeater kills :(

As we neared our horses he started putting bullet after bullet into his. I was massively confused at this at first thinking it was part of the mission. He then jumped onto his blooded, yet still living horse and trotted off acting all casual.

I had that one aswell, also

a bloodied apparition of Marsden's son (the model from the bear mission) standing in the barn before John's final stand

it was spooooky