IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Is it possible to punch a bear to death in this game?

So I tried this last night. I weakened the bear with a couple of shots from the rifle. Only thing was he started run away, so I had to chase after him, but it seems the speed of a human and the speed of a bear are evenly matched, so although he wasn't getting any further away, I wasn't getting any closer. ;)

I had to start trying to anticipate his runs in order to land a punch. He was also breathing very heavily which was disturbing me. It took me around fifteen minutes of chasing him across the snowy wastes of Tall Trees but I landed a good couple of punches to his backside, and had another bear not shown up and side-swiped me, then I think it would've have been on.

Got the token for the free theme, downloaded it and its just a picture background not a premium theme with all the friends channel background gubbins.

Basically shit then.

I was like that with an Assassins Creed 2 theme, brutal.

As for Red Dead, its a trade/sale for me now. I was keeping it to get the extra avatar shirts and Co-Op DLC - both of which appear to be turd. Good while it lasted though :blink:

Do you still feel inclined to tidy up that 5% though? I didn't, which I'm still quite sad about.

I've lent it to a friend now, I might do a 2nd full playthrough of this in a few month's time.

Yeah definitely, there are only a few things I need to do really to get it to 100% If anything I'd like more to do, loved all of it!

Did a couple of co-op gang hideout raids last night with a buddy. Only two of us but it was great. With 5-6(?) people it would be ace. Only problem was that I had an uncontrollable urge to repeatedly shoot my partner's horse in the head, when we stopped to check the map, which led to some awkward moments.

Yeah, too late - you had to be one of the first 5,000 (points) and 85,000 (theme) to download one of the multiplayer vids via the Marketplace. I'm sure it ended before release of the game. The theme's just a shit wallpaper, but the points are nice.

Anyone managing to play online last night?

Was attempting with a couple of friends but it was a total mess. Unable to even get into Free Roam half the time, then unable to enter private games, with invites doing nothing. Constant error messages after being unable to join anyone.

It was farcical.

I'm not as in to Mexico as much as America either. Although I wouldn't say I hate it by any means.

It doesn't feel like home like America does. In my mind John can't wait to leave. After the things he's had to do to get what he wants he hates the place and what it's turning him into. I've even stopped wearing the poncho, which I liked to start with, because I don't think Marston would want to be reminded of the place. He's wearing his American style stuff again as a symbol of his cultural identity.

I felt exactly like that too - I think that makes Mexico really successful though. That's what they wanted you to feel, surely?

I like the parallel between John and Seth.

I loved Mexico, as it felt rather disconcerting. As opposed to all the familiar 'friendly' characters you know throughout New Austin, Nuevo Paraiso is isolated, Landon Ricketts providing the only sense of familiarity. I felt it went a long way to detach Marston from his natural habitat, and succeeded greatly. Also helped that the parallels with A Fistful Of Dollars were plentiful.

I was excited about Mexico at first, but I wasn't really feeling it after the first few missions. It started to grow on me again last night though (and I caught a Hungarian Halfbred!).

I still can't wait to get back, though. I presume once you've finished all the Mexico missions you can come and go freely?

I still can't wait to get back, though. I presume once you've finished all the Mexico missions you can come and go freely?

Come and go where?

Once you enter Mexico for the first time you are free to travel between Mexico and the States whenever you want.