Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Well gotta mow the lawn so I'll head to Tesco afterwards. However one thing I gotta say, shooting people in this is excellent. Love hitting their heads and watching their hats spiral away in slowmo.

Also, OHSHIT, CANNIBALS.

It is. There are 3 levels of dead eye, although the first seems good enough to me.

Another crazy thing: rode into Armadillo to stock up when I hear a woman screaming for help and a man yelling 'LAUGH AT ME, WILL YA? FUCKING WHORE!' I head over to see the guy straddling the woman shouting in her face as she screams 'HELP HELP!' and just as I realise what's happening and pull my pistol out, the sumbitch knifes the woman repeatedly, spits on her and walks off. So I shoots 'im in the back of the noggin. Cue John saying 'You shouldn't treat wimmin that way!'

I rode into Armadillo to find a load of guys tormenting the locals, riding around shooting their guns in the air and knocking people over with their horses. Dead eye on, go for the horses legs. Horses crumple, guys go flying off, pick themselves up, dust themselves off and leg it, apart from one dude who stayed behind. Shot him in the leg and he limped away :unsure: Beautiful.

Also, has anyone been to the cinema yet? :(

It is. There are 3 levels of dead eye, although the first seems good enough to me.

Another crazy thing: rode into Armadillo to stock up when I hear a woman screaming for help and a man yelling 'LAUGH AT ME, WILL YA? FUCKING WHORE!' I head over to see the guy straddling the woman shouting in her face as she screams 'HELP HELP!' and just as I realise what's happening and pull my pistol out, the sumbitch knifes the woman repeatedly, spits on her and walks off. So I shoots 'im in the back of the noggin. Cue John saying 'You shouldn't treat wimmin that way!'

Ace, Unforgiven references! :unsure:

During the night I was riding down a mountain path and I saw four horses all stood together in line. Thinking it was a bit odd I slowed to a crawl, only for a guy to pop his head up from behind a rock and scream 'shit, he's seen us!' at which point three other guys jumped out from rock all around me and killed me to death. I'd normally hate instant death I can do little about too.

Okay so I

Just headed down to Mexico, ffffuuuu, I really hope I can go back and do all the side quests I missed, it's just awesome being able to fuck around in the towns and observe what's going on.

Damn I love this game. It's like being in a Sergio Leone film!

And yeah, the cinema, LOL!

Quick note about the cinema - I pressed B to exit the cinema just after the movie finished. All my hud items disappeared and Marston sat there cycling through the same animations, oblivious to my button presses until I restarted my console.

I have to echo Talk Show Host's sentiments - it's a fantastic game to just get lost in and do fuck all.

Yesterday I started investigating mysterious disappearances in the hills by Hanging Rock...man life in the west was harsh...a man's gotta eat, I suppose.

That was such an amazing little side quest.

Yesterday I went searching for someone and ended up in a carriage run, surrounded by bandits.

While I was trying to shoot and drive I drove my carriage to some rocks and cactus. The bump actually made one of the two horses that was pulling the carriage to go free. A bandit I had just shot off his horse took the freed carriage horse and started running towards me, while I was left with a carriage with only one horse, which was slower and very difficult to keep at a straight line. It was a dramatic run but in the end my one horse just couldn't take it anymore.

Surrounded by bandits and without a carriage, I went down in a blaze of fire and then restarted from the checkpoint.

Thank God Rockstar realised that, checkpoints, in such an open world, are really important to keep the flow of the game going.

I am trying not to break the game and generally do the sensible thing when playing. You know, hitching my horse, stop to help some people, not wander off too much until I am strong enough, helping in the ranch, not drive my horse down a cliff to see what happens, etc... The game responds great and I haven't had any bugs yet.

Boy do I want to find the carriage & horse bug though.

Is the PS3 version significantly worse? Considering I don't have a 360 anymore, I'm hoping I really won't seen anything too bad unless I was directly comparing them?

Please don't destroy my interest in the game :unsure:

Anyone's Tesco copies arrived in the post?

Mine did yesterday, so I'd be surprised if anyone's missing out after today's post.

Is the PS3 version significantly worse? Considering I don't have a 360 anymore, I'm hoping I really won't seen anything too bad unless I was directly comparing them?

I've yet to notice anything I could criticise, apart from the lack of a drowning horse animation.

I think whatever version you get you are going to be happy. Its only with direct screenshot comparisons that the differences are made clear.

So are the 800 XBL points bundled in or did I have to flap a newspaper clipping about like the guy in front of me?
I didn't get my 800 points from Tesco... The staff seem inept, so wondering if it is worth the hassle to try and get them.

At my local Tesco, there's a shelf of DVD-cased 800 points cards not far from the RDR display. You pick one of those up too and the price is discounted at the checkout. If you don't pick one up, naturally you don't get them.

Anyone who missed out should take their receipt back as evidence that they failed to pick up the points box, having misunderstood the offer and thinking the points somehow in the sealed game case. Hopefully they'll do the decent thing, assuming that's how the offer works at other stores.

Well the only differences that people have found so far, compared to the 360 version, are:

- less dense foliage

- lower framerate

- lower resolution (640p?)

- slightly higher retail price

Well the only differences that people have found so far, compared to the 360 version, are:

- less dense foliage

- lower framerate

- lower resolution (640p?)

- slightly higher retail price

Apparently there are less horses too.

Anyone who missed out should take their receipt back as evidence that they failed to pick up the points box, having misunderstood the offer and thinking the points somehow in the sealed game case. Hopefully they'll do the decent thing, assuming that's how the offer works at other stores.

They will. I bought my copy at midnight when they didn't have the cases out (and I wasn't aware of the offer). Just went back to where I bought it, showed the receipt and game, they got me points. No issues whatsoever. Didn't even have to show the advert.

Apparently there are less horses too.

No, they're there. They're just invisible.

Update! I got the keys cut then went to Saino's and M+S (bits and meat); then stopped off in Lush. Well the girl there was charming and twice washed my hand. Yeah sounds weird, yet a little bit of wee came out.

Finally to the coffee shop and then home!

Breakfast now, bacon and eggs, and then I guess I'll get to play in about half an hour.

So far it's not delivering! :unsure:

OK...who else tried to help the law out when he saw them chasing an outlaw by shooting the guy, only to accidentally shoot the sheriff instead then get chased all over creation?

\ :unsure:

(Thats a combined hand up and facepalm)

I'm genuinely having trouble working out who is who, and I can't read the text either. Maybe my eyes are fucked, I'm about 8 feet away from a 42" plasma. I also can't see enemies when they're far away - they appear as indistinct brown blobs on the brown horizon.

I don't BELIEVE IT!

Someone took the bacon. Bastard! He took the last bit of cake the other day. Ironically he's a skinny fucker too.

Frosted Wheats it is while the game installs...

At my local Tesco, there's a shelf of DVD-cased 800 points cards not far from the RDR display. You pick one of those up too and the price is discounted at the checkout. If you don't pick one up, naturally you don't get them.

They weren't even out in my store. So hopefully it will work and they will be nice :unsure: