Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Stupid question alert...

Playing yesterday, some text popped up about how to fast travel but I was too busy shooting at birds to read it. What did I miss? This is important right? How does fast travel work?

When you set up camp in the wilderness you can use it to save, change clothes or to basically wake up in a new place (I think it's major towns visited or places you've had missions, I only have the ranch and Armadillo available at the moment)

Tesco is the place to get this, then, due to the free points? Or is there anywhere else worth trying?

As I said I got free points from HMV, albeit with a pre-ordered ltd edition thing.

However I will say that the girl said "It's free points with every game now" so I think they were giving them away if you go in and ask; even for the standard edition? Worth a try...

Stupid question alert...

Playing yesterday, some text popped up about how to fast travel but I was too busy shooting at birds to read it. What did I miss? This is important right? How does fast travel work?

Go to your satchel with the back (or select) button, pick campfire, and then you can scroll through a list of discovered locations and warp there.

Not at all. It seems a bit similar when you first start out and you get used to the controls but everything is just so much more....slow paced. Generally better than GTA.

Definitely agree with this. THe pace feels very sedate, but in a good way. Completely like the real Wild West I guess. GTA4 is set in a modern city - one that imitates New York, one of the busiest, over crowded cities in all the world. RDR is set in backwater, Texas. The pace of life is slow, slow, slow until it suddenly speeds up with a bullet. Hell, go watch the first 10 mins of 'Once Upon a Time in the West' if you wanna see how slow life was :unsure:

Presss back, then go to your items, go to kits, set camp, then the options come up.

Cheers will check out when at home, plus does anybody know how to get off with the hooker's upstairs in the tavern's?

Regarding Dead Eye, I just got the second level but I much prefered the first level. Apparently ,when you get level 3

you can choose which kind you want to use.

:unsure:

Check that; It's a mix of both, you can go into normal slo-mo and also manually paint targets with RB.

Cheers will check out when at home, plus does anybody know how to get off with the hooker's upstairs in the tavern's?

Yeah. You pick them up on a horse, go find a quiet place (I recommend behind the Chinese laundry) the camera shifts so you only see the horse's arse, which rocks back and forth. Then they get off allowing you to blast them in the head and take back the $5 they took for their services.

:(

EDIT: In response to Kazit's 'hookers' comment.

Someone in work who has not played the game but is a fan of GTA keeps asking me, i only tried last night but could not do it, he keeps saying he married! Good to see he's faithful anyway! :unsure:

Yeah. You pick them up on a horse, go find a quiet place (I recommend behind the Chinese laundry) the camera shifts so you only see the horse's arse, which rocks back and forth. Then they get off allowing you to blast them in the head and take back the $5 they took for their services.

Ohh okay i though you would be able to do them in one of the room's unpstaires in the tavern, i even bought a room to do it in!!! :unsure:

When you set up camp in the wilderness you can use it to save, change clothes or to basically wake up in a new place (I think it's major towns visited or places you've had missions, I only have the ranch and Armadillo available at the moment)

Right on. Ta.

Side-mission talk:

I met a guy who was divining for water and wanted to buy a house that had water running underneath. I go and buy the land fair and square and then return to tell him the good news. As I'm about to walk close enough to him to trigger the cut-scene I see an eagle fly overhead. Naturally I think 'I'm having that' so I shoot it out of the sky - at which point the fella shits himself and runs off thinking I'm going to kill him. Mission failed, $200 wasted.

As I said I got free points from HMV, albeit with a pre-ordered ltd edition thing.

However I will say that the girl said "It's free points with every game now" so I think they were giving them away if you go in and ask; even for the standard edition? Worth a try...

The Limited and Standard Edition of the game are advertised in HMV as coming with 800 points (while stocks last).

Double Pure points with pre-orders too and War Horse redemption card :unsure:

No delivery from Zavvi (PS3 £32), so I just went and picked up the 360 version from Game in Camden who were selling it at the surprisingly reasonable price of £39.99. There seemed to be a lot of both versions. I'll give my Zavvi order to my Dad as he only has a PS3, bless him.

To add to the tedium I have had my Tesco order. The receipt in the box says £35, but my bank statement isn't showing a Tesco transaction. If they've over charged me I'm going to be pissed. I'm fucked off already that my social life has taken a turn for the active and I'm not going to be able to play it till sunday afternoon anyway.