Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

One thing I love is that it doesn't seem as randomized as the GTA games where cars and people seem to spawn in plain sight some times.

I rescued some treasure hunter far from town in a random enounter, he thanked me and ran off. Afterwards, I spent a good while hunting and skinning coyotes, but decided to go back to town to save. Just before I rode into town, I spotted the treasure hunter from earlier on the road in front of me. He hadn't just disappeared the moment I couldn't see him anymore, but had actually walked all the way back to town.

One thing I love is that it doesn't seem as randomized as the GTA games where cars and people seem to spawn in plain sight some times.

I rescued some treasure hunter far from town in a random enounter, he thanked me and ran off. Afterwards, I spent a good while hunting and skinning coyotes, but decided to go back to town to save. Just before I rode into town, I spotted the treasure hunter from earlier on the road in front of me. He hadn't just disappeared the moment I couldn't see him anymore, but had actually walked all the way back to town.

Well either that or it was just a respawned character model :unsure:

Yeah i love this also i also rescued a woman and after about half an hour travelling in the wilderness i when back towards the location where i saved the woman i spotted her walking trying to make her way back to town it really is this type of thing that makes me appreciate this game even more!

That's right i meant to ask i found a bar of gold last night, what can i do with it take it to a bank and cash in or something?

You can sell it at the general store for $100. Don't know if you'll get a better price elsewhere - I've not come across a bank yet.

On a similar note, can you do anything with all the animal skins etc. other than selling them at the store?

So far I missed rabbits, killed yotes and raced that woman. Nice and slow paced. Ahhh.

Not drinking whiskey today as I've got gym in a coupla hours! Kaplaw!

how does that work - is it available in all stores?

what happens to their traded games?

From the thread in the bargains folder:

I did this today, as I really wanted RDR and the Hut didn't deliver.

I traded in Bioshock 2. I asked what they do with them, as they don't sell pre-owned, and was told that they get sent back as damaged and claimed for.

On my receipt it says Bioshock 2 returned: Defective or not working. It seems a bit shady.

Sounds a bit dodgy but if you get the game cheaper who cares.

Right, 30 minutes of play time and I'm rather impressed by it all. I like the familiarity of it with regards GTA4. Need to get used to the buttons though - I seem to have a fascination with R1 - keep on thinking it's shoot when of course it flips me out of cover and I get killed...

Still, it looks wonderful - epic and suitably dusty everywhere.

Can't wait to spend quality time with it!

how does that work - is it available in all stores?

what happens to their traded games?

On their website they have a "Pre-owned video games" under the games section. Maybe it's an online only thing?

[Edit]

Yep.

Internet only.

Part of our extended internet range.

Not featured in our current catalogue or available to pick up in store. Home delivery only (free of charge).

[/Edit]

Definitely agree with this. THe pace feels very sedate, but in a good way. Completely like the real Wild West I guess. GTA4 is set in a modern city - one that imitates New York, one of the busiest, over crowded cities in all the world. RDR is set in backwater, Texas. The pace of life is slow, slow, slow until it suddenly speeds up with a bullet. Hell, go watch the first 10 mins of 'Once Upon a Time in the West' if you wanna see how slow life was :unsure:

Fuck that, first ten minutes indeed. Go watch the full 171 minutes of the extended cut!

Is the PS3 version significantly worse? Considering I don't have a 360 anymore, I'm hoping I really won't seen anything too bad unless I was directly comparing them?

Please don't destroy my interest in the game :)

Avoid direct screenshot comparisons.

It seems to run a lot more smoothly than GTA IV (on the 360), and gives a much greater sense of "space" than Fallout 3 or Oblivion. Might just be the third person nature of it with respect to the later two.

Just got it at lunchtime, decent(ish) trade in on BC2 (hadnt been online in ages, can always buy it back later if I feel the need) and Just Cause 2 (explored to death), £20 each, free game!

Loving the early impressions, all very positive so far. Cant wait to get started on this, shame it looks like being a really sunny weekend. Where is the rain when you want an excuse to stay in all day.

Amazing game, so much weird stuff happens all the time. I accidentally killed my competitor in a flower-picking contest. In my defense, he was being attacked by a pack of wolves at the time. :)

I came across some dude being chased by wolves in the dead of night, my first instinct was to shoot him in the knee. It's not that I was trying to be mean, I just thought 'poor hungry wolves!'.

One issue that keeps cropping up - and is more a case of me learning and not the games fault - left trigger in gta (and most games where you control a vehicle) is brake. In this, right bumper is the equivalent and left trigger is draw weapon. So instead of braking I end up running people over at full speed whilst repeatedly taking out and then bolstering my gun like some mental with OCD.

Earlier, instead of slowing down to speak to a lawman I pulled my gun, which he took offence to and shot me.

HMV in store are doing it for £40 with the following bonus

800 points -360

3.10 to Yuma on Bluray- PS3

Just got this at lunchtime for the 360. I've cracked it open to get a look at the map and manual and there is the War Horse code inside - I thought this was a HMV pre-order only deal?

Have I got lucky?