Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Just got this at lunchtime for the 360. I've cracked it open to get a look at the map and manual and there is the War Horse code inside - I thought this was a HMV pre-order only deal?

Have I got lucky?

For Super Street Fighter they were giving out the iphone covers and stuff even without pre-orders. Seems HMV are just getting nice about these things :)

COD4 on the 360 can be traded in with £22.49 for a copy of RDR, or two copies of COD4 and a tenner.

If you picked up a copy for a fiver recently (as per here), that is a pretty good bargain.

Edit: In other news my copy arrived today from Tesco (dispatched from them yesterday). Went home at lunchtime to install it and watch the opening cutscene. It is going to be a very slow afternoon at work.

Oh, and the opening cutscene can be paused. Fantastic to finally have that feature in such a plot-heavy game.

Smitty is going to hate this, isn't he.

We'll never know, he'll watch loads of videos and moan about something without actually buying it.

Seriously though, if you want hard games Smitty, get Demon's Souls on Ps3. Unless you don't have a Ps3 the don't, obviously.

One last thing; nowhere in Sheffield town centre has this in stock now. Everywhere is sold out.

Smitty's obsession with letting us all know how he plays every game on its highest difficulty is amazing.

Right Timmo, sure, that's what I care about. All I did was ask if there is a selectable difficulty level and how challenging people are finding it.

I know you're content with just making shit up, but aside from the fact that I don't (either play all games on the highest difficulty or have an interest in telling people that), I can't think of why I would want to do that.

Concerned as I always am about 3D games giving me motion sickness I decided to wait for a cheap used one to try out, then I remembered I joined Blockbuster recently. Went down on the offchance and managed to bag the last one. £6.25 for a weeks' rental. Result, I say :)

Now at least it won't have cost me an arm and a leg to find out if it makes me all giddy.

Concerned as I always am about 3D games giving me motion sickness I decided to wait for a cheap used one to try out, then I remembered I joined Blockbuster recently. Went down on the offchance and managed to bag the last one. £6.25 for a weeks' rental. Result, I say :)

Now at least it won't have cost me an arm and a leg to find out if it makes me all giddy.

Do the acupuncture wristbands not work?

Right Timmo, sure, that's what I care about. All I did was ask if there is a selectable difficulty level and how challenging people are finding it.

I know you're content with just making shit up, but aside from the fact that I don't (either play all games on the highest difficulty or have an interest in telling people that), I can't think of why I would want to do that.

It's a sign of flattery when people notice you enough to take the mick, IMO. Just take the ribbing like a man! :)

Yep Bleeders, Trocadero or Oxford Street. My only hope now is to drive to Tesco tonight, which means I won't be sat down playing this until at least 8.30pm.

Just got this at lunchtime for the 360. I've cracked it open to get a look at the map and manual and there is the War Horse code inside - I thought this was a HMV pre-order only deal?

Have I got lucky?

Hmm... on first take I'd say lucky as HMV gave me my code separately.

But then I haven't unsealed my copy yet! Let me do this now... :)

... nope nothing in my sealed copy. Unless yours wasn't sealed! :lol:

Hmm... on first take I'd say lucky as HMV gave me my code separately.

But then I haven't unsealed my copy yet! Let me do this now... :)

... nope nothing in my sealed copy. Unless yours wasn't sealed! :lol:

Mine wasn't sealed, she took all the goods out the drawer behind the counter and whacked it into the display box I handed over.

Free War Horse! W00t!

Nah, he's talking about the next two posts - where you said you were tired of easy games and it might have been turned into a barely interactive movie.

I somehow managed to go on and do a few bits without finishing the supposed tutorial parts. Which means I got introduced to Armadillo after I had done a few missions from there already :)

I ordered mine on shopto.net using Royal Mail (not recorded), so hopefully it will have been put through my door today. I cancelled my order for the strategy guide from Amazon.co.uk as someone was selling a brand new copy for about £5 less than they there, and apparently they had it in Stock whereas Amazon were out.

Why do we always do this thing where everyone tells everyone else whether they have their copy or not yet?

''GAMERS BUY GAME ON DAY OF RELEASE, FULL STORY PAGE 3''

BECAUSE WE'RE EXCITED and it's the closest thing we get to Christmas now we're old and miserable.

Why do we always do this thing where everyone tells everyone else whether they have their copy or not yet?

''GAMERS BUY GAME ON DAY OF RELEASE, FULL STORY PAGE 3''

Because people like to talk about it and it adds to the excitement of a launch. Why is that a problem?

BECAUSE WE'RE EXCITED and it's the closest thing we get to Christmas now we're old and miserable.

and because it puts fellow like minded gamers minds on edge / at rest that their copy from the same store isn't / is likely to arrive as well. It's nothing other than being a little helpful and sharing the joy - for one day.