Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Side-mission talk:

I met a guy who was divining for water and wanted to buy a house that had water running underneath. I go and buy the land fair and square and then return to tell him the good news. As I'm about to walk close enough to him to trigger the cut-scene I see an eagle fly overhead. Naturally I think 'I'm having that' so I shoot it out of the sky - at which point the fella shits himself and runs off thinking I'm going to kill him. Mission failed, $200 wasted.

:)

I just did that side-quest and made a tidy profit. :lol:

Nah, he's talking about the next two posts - where you said you were tired of easy games and it might have been turned into a barely interactive movie.

I am tired of easy games. What does that have to do with his ridiculous notion that I play all games on the hardest difficulty (I don't) and that i'm ''obsessed'' with making sure everyone knows that, when in fact the thought never crosses my mind?

My point about barely interactive movies was slightly jokey, in response to Uzi's surely humerous comment that I broaden my horizons (surely a joke as most games I play aren't that hard), although of course also quite substantially serious.

Well a couple of hours in now and this really really doesn't disappoint. It's not just a love letter to westerns it's a love letter to gamers full stop. I've already had more stand out moments thus far than I have had in most games in their entirety.

Most recently taking down a group of bandits only for their leader to flee on horseback, me whistling for my horse then riding off after him, getting close - bringing up my rifle and BANG - he goes down, his body dragged along the floor by the reins of his horse... proper cinematic stuff. And just fun. So much fun.

I can only assume the multiplayer will be aceness personified but as a single player experience (so far) it it just astounding, beautiful, exciting and funny. And frankly you can't ask for more than that for £40.

I am tired of easy games. What does that have to do with his ridiculous notion that I play all games on the hardest difficulty (I don't) and that i'm ''obsessed'' with making sure everyone knows that, when in fact the thought never crosses my mind?

My point about barely interactive movies was slightly jokey, in response to Uzi's surely humerous comment that I broaden my horizons (surely a joke as most games I play aren't that hard), although of course also quite substantially serious.

I didn't say he was right, I just said he was responding to your other posts, from which a particularly defensive person might think you were accusing RDR of being too easy. Which you weren't.

Also, guys. I don't normally mind but the preorder talk is getting pretty tired now. Here's how it works:

Did you order online?: It might not come on time.

Are you going to a shop to buy it?: It might be sold out.

Have you already got it?: Good for you. Tell us all about the game.

There's already a thread for discussing this stuff, and a thread in the bargains folder for finding the cheapest price for it. The pre-order chat has never bothered me in any thread before, but it's getting out of hand here, can't you take it to the right thread?

There's already a thread for discussing this stuff, and a thread in the bargains folder for finding the cheapest price for it. The pre-order chat has never bothered me in any thread before, but it's getting out of hand here, can't you take it to the right thread?

In fact that very thread was setup to stop all the constant talk of game A has dropped through my letterbox. Seeing as one person posted in there and here with the same information it's a bit daft?

Just riding through the land and saw a cowboy stood by himself at the side of the track. When I got closer I saw that he was having a piss up against a rock. :)

This really is great. :lol:

I had that with a guy riding a horse looking frantic in front of me. He stops and vaults off like Frankie Dettori and I dismount to see what's wrong, only to see him peeing against a tree. I felt like such a seedy voyeur.

Quick question as I'm just about to pop to Blockbusters - Does this have coop?

Yes - of sorts. The MP game doesn't have a lobby with server lists and filters and what have you - you join a free roaming version of the map and can invite your friends, join posses and either stay in a private room or join a public room from there - in either version there are NPCs and AI stuff to be doing and game modes to be playing. So, co-op of sorts, just not co-op of the main SP story...(based on 20 minutes quick look with my mate at lunchtime).

My Amazon copy didn't turn up today, so i was thinking of marching down to the high street to get a copy when my brain started working and thought for the sake of £40 i'll wait an extra day and play one of my other games i've bought this month instead :) HYPE TRAINNNNN!!!!!

Lol but glad to read all the positive impressions.

I need to spend less time on MacFarlane's Ranch and more at Armadillo. I've been breaking in horses for Bonnie when it's her I want to break in. Does it ever happen? If not, her, her father, their tedious chores and that stupid Charlie the dog can fuck off.

Nothing about the PS3 version bothers me. I don't ride around on my horse going I wish there were a few extra blades of grass over there.

Even more tiresome and predictable than pre-order status posts are the posts complaining about how tiresome and predictable pre-order status posts are and then pointing them to a thread that nobody gives a toss about.

No. We're talking about one 'err, stop it guys' post to everyone 25-30 boring tales of whether or not some automatic delivery notification has pinged to dispatched status yet. It fucking buries the good stuff.

Right, spend about 5 hours with this last night. Half singleplayer, half multiplayer. I wasn't expecting much of this game, more like a GTA with horses. Apparantly, it is.

The singleplayer picks up sloooooowly. First walk around, meet someone, grab a horse and ride to a place. Get shot. After you recover, the SAME thing happens: walk around, meet someone, grab a horse and ride. I felt like putting the game aside already, but went on for a bit. The horse racing is nice though, as were the first bits of animal shooting. It nicely evolved into letting you shoot thugs, but it just took a little too long to get there for me.

For the rest, it all seems fairly straightforward. I really hope the missions will offer enough variation over time, since neither the story nor the free roaming activities manage to capture me. That may still happen, as I plan on playing this more over the weekend.

Wandering about outside of town at night, saw a guy just standing in the brush. I dismounted and started to walk towards him. When I got a few feet away he ran past me, jumped on my horse and started to gallop away! I shot him in the back and lost 50 honor points :)

I done failed in my attempt to save a rancher's daughter from some mangy hoodlums and now I'm mighty perturbed by feelings of guilt and such.

:) Same thing happened to me, I did a double take to make sure I was shooting the right guy and then slapped myself when I realised you should be using dead eye for that kind of stuff! -200 honour...harsh!

Apart from the odd bit of confusion and failures on my part (don't look down your sights at an officer to check if he's an officer...) the game has been fantastic so far.