Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

I really don't understand why people rely on mailorder for their MUST HAVE DAY ONE titles.

Because they sometimes save a pound. The same pound that they spend down the pub later that night drowning their sorrows when their game hasn't arrived.

Really enjoying this so far, good stuff :)

I'm not sure I like the way the online is setup though. So I take it you can either join a public free roam or create a private free roam. Then from there join a multiplayer match if you wish by either selecting a marker on the map or from the menu, from which people then join a lobby ? Seems all a bit long winded, just need options from the main menu, join whatever game you want and hey presto.

I really don't understand why people rely on mailorder for their MUST HAVE DAY ONE titles.

Because usually all the mail I send and receive will be there/here the next day. Even the second hand stuff coming from god knows where miraculously always manages to find it's way to my house the very next day. The online store I ordered it from sent out all the copies yesterday so TNT must've fucked up royally. I can't understand for the life of me why a guy who lives 2 minutes away from me did get his copy but I did not.

Cunts.

No, we haven't created it yet. It's going to be called "Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer" and will be in the online folder.

Keep an eye out for it.

That's the one I meant! MAKE IT SO!

Guys im up for online tonight at ANY TIME. Add me if you want some. Going on now, although actually got to eat in about 20. Fo real!

Penguin Lad

Feel free to hit me up for that bank heist later, Meerman!

I seem to be dying less now (5+ hours in), though the guy who I discouraged from trying to kill a prostitute did make a serious attempt to kill me.

How did you discourage him?

By the time I'd rounded a corner and come up behind him he had his arm drawn back ready to strike, so I shot him in the back and he slumped off the hooker. Presumably if he sees you he bricks it?

Who's beering it up? I've only played for a coupla hours. Worse ive not used the deadeye yet i missed the explanation.

How to do?! :)

I've broken it :)

Did a mission, after it finished I was left on my own. Couldn't get on my horse but I thought maybe you couldn't ride in mission areas, so I walked out. Still couldn't ride so I set up a camp thinking that would reset things. Now I'm stuck on the camp cutscene and can't do anything :lol:

Christ - why does one of the first missions have to be race a fucking horse round a track? Fucker keeps veering violently to the right every time I'm near a bridge - done it three times at exactly the same point, beginning to suspect all is not right. Rest of it's pretty good, although I was also disheartened by a big FAILED TO MEET OBJECTIVE sign the second I went for an explore upon reaching Armadillo. Hope the hand-holding fucks off soon as it's already wearing thin.

Mr Glover has no children, no significant other and he lives in a small studio flat. It's quite smelly and badly lit, but it was to be set aglow with the warmth of colour from his small television as he finally got his hands on the game he had reserved on good faith many weeks ago.

Saturday morning, Mr Glover is swinging lifelessly three feet above his tatty carpet.

As his played for ten minutes copy sits in someone else's 360 as they get over their hangover from going out the the night before.

As his played for ten minutes copy sits in someone else's 360 as they get over their hangover from going out the the night before.

I just installed it in the end, dont want to risk getting sucked in and forgetting about the time :$ Still, I get to wake up, shower and play all day.

Christ - why does one of the first missions have to be race a fucking horse round a track? Fucker keeps veering violently to the right every time I'm near a bridge - done it three times at exactly the same point, beginning to suspect all is not right. Rest of it's pretty good, although I was also disheartened by a big FAILED TO MEET OBJECTIVE sign the second I went for an explore upon reaching Armadillo. Hope the hand-holding fucks off soon as it's already wearing thin.

The race was fine for me. Only problem I've had with controls would be raising or lowering the stakes in poker, and that's just because the analog stick isn't quite what it used to be.

As for clunkiness, the main annoyance from gta with the camera panning and turning circle on foot seems to have been smoothed out. The new run animation looks a bit much, more like a sprint and then tap for an even faster sprint. Minor niggle though.

I posted this in the Split Second thread:

I'll open a private lobby at 19:00h sharp. And you will help me rob some banks.

:)

I'm afraid that's not happening in the multiplayer. Just free-roaming (with as only real possible objective killing thugs at fortresses), shoot-outs or collecting gold. Or am I wrong?

Will be there at 20:30 btw.

I'm afraid that's not happening in the multiplayer. Just free-roaming (with as only real possible objective killing thugs at fortresses), shoot-outs or collecting gold. Or am I wrong?

Will be there at 20:30 btw.

Well, today I decided to read the manual for a change (and found out how to do an evading roll and that it's possible to greet NPC's with the B button in single player mode) and besides the hideouts where you can kill thugs, there are apparently also hunting grounds in free roam where you can shoot bears and pumas with your buddies to earn XP. The first DLC pack (I forgot the exact date) is a co-op mission pack btw.

The manual also mentions unlocking competitive playlists as you level up, but I have no idea whether they're different to the deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the bag modes we already know.

So far the single player is beyond brilliant but multiplayer is a bit meh with randoms. Hopefully a friendly session with forumites in a private lobby without randoms will improve matters. Right now Bound in Blood is still the king of Western multiplayer fun imo.