Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

Then of course i tried to bring the guy in alive but i couldn't, as i had missed the Lasoo tutorial - again because i was never prompted to do it. .Odd stuff

I'm not sure that you're supposed to have got the lasso by the point that you're introduced to the sheriff. I certainly hadn't, and I brought the guy in alive by shooting him in the leg. I'm fairly sure I was prompted to do that by a bit of text.

Do all the tutorial missions for Miss Bonnie to get your lasso (she's marked as 'B' on your radar and map) instead of immediately abandoning her after she saved your life and paid your medical bills you ungrateful varmint!

I am still doing bits...well spend a few more days with her

It's just how Rockstar games work, they are a bit strange. Like in GTA4, if you did a mission, let it autosave, and then turned off the console, it would load up with you at Nico's apartment, but it would still have saved that you completed the last mission.

I took an instant dislike to GTA4, so I don't have that point of reference.

Sounds like what I need is buried under "Journal" (which I thought would be like, a journal, rather than somewhere to re-load save games and stuff), so I'm sure I can find what I need with a bit of a rummage. A bit more clarity would be nice though (or just a "Re-load last autosave" option in the menu screen).

I bought the limited edition of this game and have a couple of quick questions.

The soundtrack.

Where is the soundtrack?????

You have to download it. Pretty much like anyone who didn't buy the LE will be able to do.

Anyhoo, shootin' vultures and hawks sure does beat shootin' them godforsaken pigeons.

Also, I love the descriptions when you kill someone in the multiplayer. So much more satisfying than plain old '[*] killed [*]'.

i just got the upgrade for the Dead Eye, then came across a bunch of bandits about to kill some guy by the side of the road, I jumped off my horse tagged a few of them with my dead eye but instead managed to shoot my horse right up it's ass as it ran in front of me.

I like the multiplayer in this but am I correct in thinking there's no real matchmaking so to speak ? I was playing with some friends earlier in a private free roam and we had near enough a full posse of 8. We went to gang matches via the map and the menu and it would then put us in a lobby with only us and didn't search for any matches with another gang of 8. Then, we opened it up to a public lobby and had more people come in and then when we started a match it only had the people from free roam in it.

There's so much potential but with what seems to be a lack of any sort of matchmaking for a posse group and just the general unfriendly nature of getting anything going is a right pain. It's a real shame too as it works well when you are actually playing, Team Shootout is especially fun. That's another annoying thing too, you can't specifically pick a mode such as team shootout or grab a bag, you can only select a general 'Gang Match'. I would love Rockstar to improve the multiplayer and work on it, the potentials there and it plays pretty well (much better than GTA 4 did for multiplayer) but just niggly, annoying things which prevent it from being great. Also, having an option to spawn on any member of your posse or posse leader at anytime would be great.

Sounds like what I need is buried under "Journal" (which I thought would be like, a journal, rather than somewhere to re-load save games and stuff), so I'm sure I can find what I need with a bit of a rummage. A bit more clarity would be nice though (or just a "Re-load last autosave" option in the menu screen).

Replaying missions is in the 'Stats' bit in your pause menu, reloading saves and autosaves is under 'Game'. In 'Journal' you can find info on your active sidemissions, and all your active challenges and your rank in each. Like I said earlier, there's a ton of stuff in the pause menu waiting to be discovered.

Has anyone else got drunk. Annoyigly I didn't last long and after falling over I got up without any problems. I tried to start a drunken bar fight, course I was not drunk then. Punched up a few people in the saloon. Bit disappointing really no one flew over tables and not enough people in the place for it to erupt. I would have liked it w lot busier in there with some proper fighting moves.

I was out looking for wolves so I could stab 'em up good for the Hunter challenge. As luck would have it, I stumbled across some poor sap fleeing a pack of them, 4 or 5 at least. So I get off my horse, whip out my knife as they're running toward me then, reeooow!, a fucking cougar pounces on me from out of a bush. As I'm knocked to the ground, I try to pull my gun out with the cougar circling me, only for a pair of wolves to rip my nuptials off.

I like the multiplayer in this but am I correct in thinking there's no real matchmaking so to speak ? I was playing with some friends earlier in a private free roam and we had near enough a full posse of 8. We went to gang matches via the map and the menu and it would then put us in a lobby with only us and didn't search for any matches with another gang of 8. Then, we opened it up to a public lobby and had more people come in and then when we started a match it only had the people from free roam in it.

There's so much potential but with what seems to be a lack of any sort of matchmaking for a posse group and just the general unfriendly nature of getting anything going is a right pain. It's a real shame too as it works well when you are actually playing, Team Shootout is especially fun. That's another annoying thing too, you can't specifically pick a mode such as team shootout or grab a bag, you can only select a general 'Gang Match'. I would love Rockstar to improve the multiplayer and work on it, the potentials there and it plays pretty well (much better than GTA 4 did for multiplayer) but just niggly, annoying things which prevent it from being great. Also, having an option to spawn on any member of your posse or posse leader at anytime would be great.

Pretty much this. The multiplayer is great but I just want to do team deathmatch with my posse, but you can't pick the game mode and your posse aren't even guaranteed to be on your team.

It needs work.

8+hrs deep in SP...I've been around. Sometimes there's no way around that B on your map.

Ah you're probably a bit further than me then. I'm looking forward to returning to the ranch right now, have been exploring other places for ages.

Five hours went by playing multiplayer last night - it really is a lot of fun when it clicks. At the start of the game I was geting merry hell in Black Water from a well-equipped gang of three guys who'd chase me down on horseback every time I spawned, and with me not knowing to press up on the d-pad to call my steed and with nothing but a lowly pistol it was a tad frustrating. Fishyfish joined the game and I inivited him to form a posse, then we mosied off and defended a fortified town against online interlopers and the Mexican army for a bit, collecting a few better weapons along the way. Mr Monkey joined and we set off clearing out a couple of gang hideouts on our donkeys, looking like the Three Amigos, pausing only to laugh as my mount occasionaly sent me flying. Pretty soon we were all levelled enough to get the heavy repeater rifle and a few other goodies, and set off to the nearest town to get our revenge on the gang that had given us a hiding before.

On the way we spot Pete from here wandering along the road and recruit him to our gang, then notice some guys hiding on the other side of a canyon. I headshot one with my scoped rifle and drop him from his horse. Pete hijacks a stagecoach and blasts the other guy from the top, narrowly avoiding sliding it off the edge of a nearby cliff. Fishyfish shoots both his horses for larks. My gang members unfortunately leave me so I make my way to Armadillo, where I had spotted the three-strong gang hiding out on the map screen. When I arrive they are on the main street shooting up the locals. I take position on a nearby ridge and manage to snipe one of the guys from distance before riding in guns blazing, dropping another with my heavy pistol, then blowing the last off his horse with a with a fire-bomb before finishing him off with a well-placed throwing knife.

I spent the rest of the session trailing that gang across the plains for miles as they legged it out of Armadilo with me in hot persuit, occasionally stopping to take pot shots back at me. I gate-crash a few of their gang hideout attacks taking some of the XP for myself and blasting a few of them in the process. At one point I see them chasing down some poor unfortunate level one player on foot. I take out two of his persuers with buckshot before getting nailed by the third. I respawn and approach the victim on horseback, proposing an alliance. We glare at at each other for an uneasy second, hands on holsters. He doesnt try to shoot so I put away my gun and get closer. Suddenly the swine rushes, grabs me and throws me from my horse, before jumping on and nicking it. I stagger to my feet and shoot him three times in the back of the head as he gallops over the crest of a nearby hill. His body hits the ground with a wack as I reclaim my steed. The pesky varmint.

Yeah, that was ace fun last night. :facepalm:

Especially; "Hey! You get points and cash for shooting the whores!" Bang, bang, bangbangbang... :facepalm:

I only shot Pete's stagecoach horse because he ran me over in it first. It's not GTA Petey - if you kill me, there are no Faggios for me to ride off on. :facepalm:

You do need to get a decent weapon in free roam though - the basic pistol's as good as useless against anyone with even a standard repeater rifle.

Fuck me..this is great. I've done a handful of missions, but taking down deer, skunk and armadillo from a galloping horse is just too much fun. Just saved and woke up in my first thunderstorm...goood lord, it's probably the best looking thing I've ever seen. Well done R* - this one seems to deserve all the accolades.

Tried to help a guy rescue his daughter. Stormed the gang hideout with him, for a very satisfying shootout. Sadly, his daughter ended up getting killed. Feeling a bit gutted, I rode back to Armadillo to drown my sorrows with a few whiskies. Staggered outside, blind drunk, and collapsed on the floor. Next thing I know, a prostitute was getting smacked around on the saloon steps by some scumbag. I managed to drag myself to my feet, but I was too pissed to even draw my gun to try and save her. Just when I managed to get my gun out, he slashed her up with a knife, killing her.

I went back in the saloon for another whiskey. :facepalm:

Also, having an option to spawn on any member of your posse or posse leader at anytime would be great.

Yeah, that's a real pain in the arse, especially if you're battling another posse at the time. The only option I've seen is, if you're in another town and you use the fast-travel option, you can travel straight to your posse leader's location.

Loving the horse rustling.

But here's something I loved more - I'd just gotten my new Stallion, when a stranger came up and said "They're going t'hang ma brudder, and he ain't dun nuthin' wrong!". So I followed him to Hanging Rock at speed, and sure enough there was his brother swinging from a rope already. I started taking out the lynch mob in retribution when my missus said "Shoot the rope!". So I went into Deadeye mode, shot the rope, the guy falls - and gets to his feet! Off he runs, I get honour points, and a message pops up saying that thanks to my heroism any jobs in town will now pay double.

:facepalm: