IGNORED

The Official EvE thread!

pulsemyne

Im using them on a hound, just tried the long range scripts with two sensor booster II's and low slot amps for a max range of 204km! Targetted someone at 85km and took a few seconds, not sure if targetting someone at max range would take longer though?

Have'nt checked to see if my crusie missiles will reach that far yet . .

Chaps,

Putting together a feature about EVE right now and I need some gigantic shots to be used as illustrations. We're printing at 300dpi, so I need either:

1. Really, really fudging massive ones

or

2. Ones that have very cloneable edges (preferably black, then) on at least two sides of the image.

Thing is, I can't find any. Which is weird, as EVE is such a photogenic game. I'll be popping on to try and take some myself, but if you've got any masterpieces I'd love to see them!

Chaps,

Putting together a feature about EVE right now and I need some gigantic shots to be used as illustrations. We're printing at 300dpi, so I need either:

1. Really, really fudging massive ones

or

2. Ones that have very cloneable edges (preferably black, then) on at least two sides of the image.

Thing is, I can't find any. Which is weird, as EVE is such a photogenic game. I'll be popping on to try and take some myself, but if you've got any masterpieces I'd love to see them!

I'm watching Our allies rep up a pos with about 2 dozen capitals at the moment

I'll se what pics I can take

Actually what publication is it for? If its for something big then I may be able to get some people together for a Morsus Mihi orgasm picture of some of our caps ships and a load of battleships etc..

I'll take the pictures at full res with all effects on as well. I'm sure our on of our FC's would be willing to do this.

Im using them on a hound, just tried the long range scripts with two sensor booster II's and low slot amps for a max range of 204km! Targetted someone at 85km and took a few seconds, not sure if targetting someone at max range would take longer though?

Have'nt checked to see if my crusie missiles will reach that far yet . .

The range script gives you a +50% lock range but also increases your lock time by 50%, unfortunately. Lock time per target is the same so doesn't matter how far you are away (although obv if you're close you'd switch to lock time scripts).

Anyway a rather annoyed Directer of one of BOB mains corporations decided to leave and switch his alliance to Goonswarm (another bunch of shits). Anyway as part of his joining GS he said he would give them full access to their forums thus allowing GS to download the entire forum and read all the confidential stuff about BOB i.e their defences, just how rich they are etc. Upon reading through some of the post GS discovered that BOB had a fatal weakness (think the exhaust port on the deathstar as a metaphor). Basically any director with a BOB corporation could have access to every corps assets and also close down the entire alliance if they so wished. After a while the Goons realised that effectively they had BOB by the balls big style. Having got the pissed off directors login details (he provided them this to prove who he was) they decided that rather then rob BOB blind why not just disband BOB and thus royally screw over ever single BOB corp. So as of last night BOB is disbanded.

Can this be re-iterated please.

Was BOB disbanded because someone who wasn't meant to used someone else's login details and crippled them (even if they guy who's login details it was handed them over).

Couldn't this happen again even if someone had someone else's log in details?

I see this as an EVE flaw, for all the excitement it's caused. Surely this loophole is going to be closed?

No DX10 yet, sadly. I built this PC towards the end of 2006 for the "forthcoming" DX10 update, which never quite materialised :)

I'm sure it's on the roadmap though, and the recent DX9 (Trinity) update makes it look prettier than ever anyway.

Can this be re-iterated please.

Was BOB disbanded because someone who wasn't meant to used someone else's login details and crippled them (even if they guy who's login details it was handed them over).

Couldn't this happen again even if someone had someone else's log in details?

I see this as an EVE flaw, for all the excitement it's caused. Surely this loophole is going to be closed?

No, someone in a position of authority defected. The house of cards tumbling was the unfortunate side effect of the way the alliance was setup, I gather.

Yeah stus right. This had nothing to do with flaws with eve itself it was just a total flaw in the way BOB was organised and BOB's security measures. Other calliances are organised differantly and the same type of thing wouldn't be that possible.

It's been very odd lately soing the differnaces that have happened over time. The goons now seem a wellish organsed lot, there is little to no smack in local and they have plenty of capitals and BS pilots. BOB meanwhile have become a smacky bunch just like the goons once were, they have become very disorganised. I fly right through delve last niught in a Dominix (which is slow as fuck) and never enountered a single gate camp. They just seem to largely be sitting in station smacking.

Very odd times

Depends on who you talk to about it, really. BoB reckon it is a game flaw, citing that it's happened before in a recent EVE Radio interview. But they also say the director should never have been a director to begin with, that his account was hacked and the account owner wasn't even playing the game during the period when all this happened (so all seems like excuses to me). The Goons say they turned him legitimately and simply took advantage of BoB's alliance set up. I really don't know anything about the way an alliance is run, but if this IS a fundamental game flaw, I'm honestly a little surprised that this doesn't happen all the time. Corp and alliance betrayals have been part and parcel of EVE since it launched, which was years ago now. This is the first time that I know of that such a huge alliance has ever fallen apart so quickly, from such a healthy position.

Like the others say, I reckon this is just a matter of BoB being way too sure of themselves (the Goons reckon BoB has this idea that nobody would ever want to leave them because they're so awesome). From what I can gather, they've always had a superiority complex anyway.

This is making me want to give Eve a third try.

Last time was quite nice...I never had time to do it properly, but I was there in my newb capacity when Apple folded and we all joined a 0.0 alliance. Ara, Pulse and others were extremely supportive (and generous...)

Ngk...must...resist...

Definitely not; the director who closed down BoB had achieved his position properly. He just got cheesed off with them and pressed the big red button. As far as I know the in-game mechanics remain the same and should someone in another alliance find themselves in the same position they could do the same. I'm sure CCP plan some changes to what is a very unfair mechanic.

Well you, me, aragorn and unto along with the other apple corp people were great. The others?.....not so much. But then you cannot expect everyone to be upto our level of awesomeness.

You were pretty awesome. Even if you did flip out when I called my miner Scargill :angry:

I should start again, just because I left my main in what was BRUCE space. God knows who'll be there if I log on now...maybe if I beg they'll let me back into empire space.

I've just taken up the 5 day trial and reactivated my old account to see if I can get back into it. I tried to for a few weeks last year, but didn't really find enough time for it. Other than that it's been over 3 years since I played it, so I'm way out of the loop.

I seem to have built up some decent mining skills though, and I'd probably be up for joining the rllmuk corp if I decide to keep playing.

Sam Arran has restarted Apple Corp and seems to be taking new recruits as I type. I'm not sure if any of the other new starters / restarters have got together yet and founded anything new but join channel bennyhill (assuming you haven't already - I'm afraid I don't know your ingame name) and anyone there will be able to help you out.

Yes, the fledgling, re-born Apple Corp is open for business, and recruiting at Scolluzer Republic Security Services Assembly Plant. Four new members so far.

It's still early days yet, and I'm very open to suggestions as to what is wanted from the Corp. So far, we haven't done much besides offer a spot of assistance to mission runners. If people need help with missions or mining or hauling or trade & industry or whatever, just let me know.

Sweet, I'm just a few jumps from Scoluzzer. Will probably be on for a bit tonight, and would be up for doing some mining or hauling.

I was on for a short time last night, just to re-accustom myself with it all, but didn't really get much done. My name in-game is Isuldur Bane.

I downloaded the trial for this last night and started playing it this evening.

Wow, the scope of this game is immense. It was extremely daunting at first but all of the guys in the BennyHill channel were a lot of help. It was also really nice to be able to chat to people about the game whilst heading from place to place.

I did encounter one weird bug though whilst playing which i dubbed 'the Newspaper graveyard' due to the weird amount of text on screen....

I'm sure someone must know what has happened here or if it is part of the game.

Something pretty in my newer slower ship of noobness.

You're not playing on a Mac, are you? I ask because that's the sort of thing that happened to me recently when trying to play on the shonky OS X client. I gave up in the end (not because of the Daily Star effects, but because of the client's complete instability and some fairly serious interface issues).

Anyway, no: it's certainly not an intended part of the game. If it's not a Mac issue I guess it might be related to the gfx card or driver you have, which might also have affected my Mac's card.

The Mac client's better than it was last time I tried it, but as well as those unfortunate graphical glitches I encountered crashes every couple of hours or three that would make serious play difficult (because you might lose your ship in combat), and problems with the UI (like not being able to see parts of some of the interface, and therefore being unable to do stuff like rent stations for your corp). Enough to make it not really playable for me.

But Sam (Professor Rob) also plays on a Mac and doesn't seem to have seen these problems, so maybe you'll be in luck too.

The Mac client's better than it was last time I tried it, but as well as those unfortunate graphical glitches I encountered crashes every couple of hours or three that would make serious play difficult (because you might lose your ship in combat), and problems with the UI (like not being able to see parts of some of the interface, and therefore being unable to do stuff like rent stations for your corp). Enough to make it not really playable for me.

But Sam (Professor Rob) also plays on a Mac and doesn't seem to have seen these problems, so maybe you'll be in luck too.

I haven't seen the texture bug Bob Dian had, and I don't seem to have had the memory leak problems (probably because I'm not logged on for long enough), but I've had the disappearing mouse pointer on several occasions. The in-game browser is horrendously slow, plus it seems to make Safari equally slow for some reason. The biggest single fault with the Mac client (for me) is that it will only run full-screen. Hope they fix it soon.

I pulled the tarpaulin off my old Ishkur last night and gave it a spin. Someone's been messing about with it while I've been away, though. I came to launch the five Hammerhead IIs I had in the bay but was told that there wasn't enough Drone Bandwidth.

The logic of this completely escapes me. The Ishkur's bonus for Assault Ship training is that it gives an extra 5m3 drone capacity per level. It's a ship that is specifically geared towards drone deployment. Training Assault Ships to V means that the drone bay is large enough to carry five medium drones. The bandwidth restriction, however, means that you can only launch two mediums and a light at the same time. Surely this now means there's absolutely no point in training the Assault Ships skill beyond the minimum required to sit in the pilot's seat? Am I missing something?