rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
biglime

Lady GaGa

The Fear's a great track, but Allen doesn't come close on the whole.

I can't imagine Allen dancing over her murdered corpses during the final chorus. :)

I thought the song was pretty good to be honest. The video was too long but I like the fact that Lady Gaga is a complete fashionista. I don't find her attractive facially and her body's nothing special, but she's certainly never boring to look at.

The Fear's a great track, but Allen doesn't come close on the whole.

I can't imagine Allen dancing over her murdered corpses during the final chorus. :quote:

Song-wise Lily Allen wipes the floor with her, but Lady Gaga's got that indefinable star quality that makes her more than the sum of the parts.

Real pop stars couldn't give a fuck about indie ethics. If it means getting the funds to wear a blue plastic phone-hat, so be it.

Great video.

Outstanding video. It's like the cheap trash of the 80's but better.

It helps if you look at her as less of a singer and more like the performance artist love child of Madonna and Michael Jackson.

Real pop stars couldn't give a fuck about indie ethics. If it means getting the funds to wear a blue plastic phone-hat, so be it.

I think it works to an extent as well. It fits in with the 80's excess throwaway look.

Doesn't make me want to bu a mobile though.

Song-wise Lily Allen wipes the floor with her, but Lady Gaga's got that indefinable star quality that makes her more than the sum of the parts.

I don't think Gaga gets enough credit on her songs. Listen to her amazing Beatles glam opera, Speechless. It makes comparisons to Lilly Allen a little silly.

• Upvote 1

Logging in purely to apologise for my idiotic first post - a fine example of how much crap I talked on this forum.

She's amazing.

Logging in purely to apologise for my idiotic first post - a fine example of how much crap I talked on this forum.

She's amazing.

Kudos for the public u-turn.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

i was talking to a dude we work with sometime who was PAID $2000 by Interscope in 2007 for Lady Gaga to play at his Miami party... EPIC WIN & EPIC FAIL in the same sentence.

I was so, so, so fucking wrong about her.

She's a fucking star, the real deal.

I bought the album - it's amazing.

How did this all start?

I watched the video for 'Bad Romance' late at night on TV.

For fuck's sake guys, I bought the album. I paid money for it. It's brilliant. Top flight pop which makes, for instance, Madonna's tired output (that Abba-sampled tune) sound as dull as it truly is.

There is some really shitty harmonizer shit on there, but there's absolute bangers like Bad Romance, Telephone, Teeth, I Like it Rough, Paparazzi etc. Even the weaker tracks display at least a modicum of something interesting and fresh.

I for one welcome our new bat-shit insane pop overlady.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

See, that's great, like really good, I like it.

But she does have a couple of really good slow songs on her album, Speechless and Brown Eyes.

I resisted for a long long time.

But I've given in. She's insane.

This is what happened to me.

I just think she appears desperate and sad, but if that's how you like your popstars.

Watching her music videos (and interviews even) you could look at her face and think that she's braindead or that she's bemused by it all, or even obnoxious, but it's more like she's just exhausted from the time it takes to put on all those outfits.

Soo, it's not like I think she's shit, even though I do, i think she needs to have a lie down. Her performance by the piano as a brunette was better than anything as Lady Gaga because it wasn't unbearably pathetic. Good on people for getting over that though and enjoying the tacky songs.

She's sick. Addicted to her hits.

I'd like to congratulate myself on this great first post.