rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hauk

Eastbound & Down

I've not watched this weeks yet, but isn't there 7 episodes this year? So one more? Unless wikipedia is out of date.

Really? That'd be awesome.

Ep6 did have a season finale feel about it, though...

edit: Found a mini preview of ep7 on the HBO site. WIN.

Cannot wait to watch season 2. Have it all ready for the weekend and i'll just go tuck in, in one, deliciously satisfying bite.

Well, minus the finale.

I have to agree that this is now the funniest show out there. The second series has been even better than the first.It was a really brave move relocating to Mexico, and leaving behind almost all the supporting cast. I Cant wait to see what they have in store for Series 3.

It was a really brave move relocating to Mexico, and leaving behind almost all the supporting cast.

I wondered if it was brave, or the actors not resigning?

Ah, I'm only up to four.

It's only a quick cameo montage thing. I did think about spoilering it but it'll not affect your enjoyment.

Sorry, I'm up to 2-04, I saw the season 2 opening montage if that's the one.

Yeah, shows intent to include them later, no?

2-06 spoiler:

The iPad/Etch-a-Sketch line was awesome. :D

Yeah, shows intent to include them later, no?

2-06 spoiler:

The iPad/Etch-a-Sketch line was awesome. :D

Wasn't it Speak and Spell ? That line stuck out for me too

Yep, Speak and Spell.

This season has been fantastic, I was in uncontrollable fits when he made his debut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8zO_DV09QE

I saw The Foot Fist Way last night which is highly recommended for Eastbound and Down fans, Danny McBride's Fred Simmons Tae-Kwon Do Black Belt Instructor is a very similar, albeit slightly lower-key, character to Kenny Powers - skilled in his sport but completely and utterly delusional and socially retarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-1DgTz4hGQ

Very low-budget and rough and ready, but an entertaining watch.

Wasn't it Speak and Spell ? That line stuck out for me too

Oops, You're right, I must've been distracted whilst writing.

I watched an episode of this on FX (no idea which one, he went to a Yacht Party held be the guy who owns the team) on Friday, and I loved it. How can I see more? Virgin Watch Again only seems to have that episode. Which I have watched 3 times now. :sherlock:

The bit in series one where he does pills and goes to the school disco is possibly the single funniest thing I've ever seen. Series two was a bit of a letdown in comparison, and started way too slowly - the first two or three episodes were a bit rubs, but series one is up there with pretty much any sitcom you care to mention.

Just finished the second season, nice ending - I take it there won't be any more?

I think he achieved his goal (sort of) a bit too quickly, this could have easily been a 5 season thing.

Edit: Found out they're making a third, fuck yeah!

When is S3 due?

Please tell me it's soon...

That's my game! Dick-slappin's my game!

I'm another latecomer, can't decide which series is better. 1 has Schafer, 2 has Sebastian... I think the whole 'Eduardo Sanchez' stuff was a bit crap but apart from that there's barely a bad episode amongst them. I don't understand people complaining about the short seasons, all the best sitcoms come in small doses. None of this 30-episode committee-written bullshit here.

• Upvote 1

I've only seen the second season, and by the power vested in me by all of you, I hereby pronounce it to be excellent.

The first series may well be better, but that doesn't stop the second series being top banana.

Here's a question though, does anyone know the name of that tune they play in the ep with Don Johnson, where they are all quad biking? I really like it but have googlefailed thus far. It's goes 'Let's Go Everywhere' or something...

I thought a lot of series 2 – especially the start – was pretty weak. The stuff with the midget guy hunting him down was lame in the extreme, and panders to that kind of Max & Paddy type of comedy for dullards that assumes short people are inherently hilarious. it improved a lot as they went on, but I think the Mexico setting didn’t really work as well as it could, and I’m not quite sure why.

I would hazard a guess that the makers are holding back a little in making the Mexican characters the butt of too many jokes, for fear of seeming like assholes in the same way that the Top Gear wankers came across like assholes. The new Mexican characters were nowhere near as good as the American characters, like Ashley Schafer, or Kenny’s drug-addled bartender friend, or that baseball talent scout, etc etc.

@ZOK – if you liked series 2, then watch series one immediately.

Here's a question though, does anyone know the name of that tune they play in the ep with Don Johnson, where they are all quad biking? I really like it but have googlefailed thus far. It's goes 'Let's Go Everywhere' or something...

• Upvote 1

Brilliant. many thanks!

@ZOK – if you liked series 2, then watch series one immediately.

Yes, I suspect that this is what I need to do!