Rllmuk Arcade Stick Thread

Uzi

Anyone had any actual hands-on experience of the Tekken 6 Hori stick, without just trashing it based on online chatter?

I use a Hori EX2, so I'm obviously not your typical nutcase purist, and I'm looking for a second stick. I wanted to get a MadCatz SE, but all of a sudden they're like rocking horse shit, and the ones on ebay are going for £50+, which I don't want to spend. I've seen a brand new Tekken 6 stick for £30, which is in the right ballpark.

Obviously if anyone knows where I can get a MadCatz SE for the 360 for a reasonable price, I'm all ears. I'm feeling like an impulse buy.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem; I think it's pretty common. I ended up opening it up and swapping the PPP and HK buttons around, which meant HK would be the reliable one, and when the fault does occur, it'd be with PPP, which I doesn't get used much anyway.

I dunno if there's a better fix for this, but I've not had the issue at all since I swapped all the buttons out for Sanwa ones, though I think that's merely a coincidence.

• 2 months later...

Thought this would be the best place to start with this: looking to sell on two modded TE sticks featured earlier in this thread.

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

In absolute mint condition, with custom plexi faceplates and new Sanwa buttons/balltops/washers. Boxed in the two TE stick cases as shown in the picture.

For obvious reasons regarding size and weight, I'm trying to make it a collection-only sale, based in Coventry. Looking for £220 for the pair, no splitting, and really, I'm going to let out a little tear when I see them go. But needs must. PM me if interested.

Oh man, they are beautiful. I've seen all manner of ultra-fancy arcade stick mods, but sometimes the clean and minimalist approach is the winner. I already own a TE, but if I had the £220 I'd still buy them.

What they cost you is fairly irrelevant.

Loads of people picked up cheap TE Sticks when hey were being sold off.

The last stick I bought was the Hori RAP EX SE and It only cost me £85 brand new.

Sell them as high as you like, but I cant see you shifting them at that price.

How is it? Is it good? There's one on the way to me in the post. Seimitsu is better for shmups, is that right? I don't care for fighting games.

Its gorgeous, really short throw to the stick, nice clicky buttons. Really good for Shmups.

Where did you order from and what did you pay?

Thanks for the mini review :D

Amazon.com for £79.19

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Real-Arcade-Pro-EX-SE/dp/B002FKYPU4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294849380&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Ideally, I would have preferred to have bought it in this country but everywhere was charging silly money, it was actually cheaper to get it imported :S

Bro, £79.19, what about shipping and import taxes.

This looks exactly the same as my TE, although I ditched the two extra black buttons and went for a six button hole plexi-glass top.

I tried the six button set up for a while, but it got really annoying in games that use those buttons for menu functions. I think six buttons looks nicer aesthetically though, and you don't hit them by accident like I do all the goddamn time.

For obvious reasons regarding size and weight, I'm trying to make it a collection-only sale, based in Coventry. Looking for £220 for the pair, no splitting, and really, I'm going to let out a little tear when I see them go. But needs must. PM me if interested.

If you were selling these this time next year when I'M DEBT FREE(yay!) I would have snapped your hands off. They're bloody lovely.

I got those sticks posted on my facebook wall this morning by someone else on here. They're beautiful, if i had £220 spare or not I'd have them. It is a lot of money for them though. You could buy and mod two tournament sticks for less these days tbh, i know that's not quite the point but still...

I got those sticks posted on my facebook wall this morning by someone else on here. They're beautiful, if i had £220 spare or not I'd have them. It is a lot of money for them though. You could buy and mod two tournament sticks for less these days tbh, i know that's not quite the point but still...

Isn't that what he's done, reading a few posts back. Lovely though I agree.

The point is you could buy 2 sticks and all parts needed to replicate for a fair bit less than asking. Seller is justifying bight asking price by saying one of the sticks cost him 150, well above what most people paid.

The workmanship looks top notch and I love the plexi finish. I would say 180 maybe for the pair would be a fairer price.

Something's only worth what someone will pay for it. I agree with Dr Seedyman. Awesome looking sticks though, I am looking for one. I'd probably buy them if i had any spare cash and i wasn't so crap at playing SSF4 with a stick, a bit too rich for a beginner.

maybe we can get a lil' chain going here where i sell my spare TE and lewis sells me his two for cheapish once i've got a bit of the cash.

no, no, NO i don't need any more TE sticks.

quick someone post some other pretty sticks. this is what my friend rocks out with:

25gqmaq.jpg

the box for it is maybe prettier than the stick, though. so colourful and happy.

mushi_stick.jpg