Rllmuk Arcade Stick Thread

Uzi

Look like a bat top!

The TE stick is tasty, I have a couple myself but Madcatz need to make A new stick. Don't do a Hori, they milked the RAP stick to death. But then again I prefer it to the new VLX.

So...... errrrr........ to sum up. Make a new stick, but better than the last!

No way, the new Viewlix models look great, man. The sloped front just under the buttons mimics the viewlix arcade cab more accurately than the TE, as it gives you a really comfortable wrist rest, even if it isn't quite as sexy. But of course there is no stick more intimidating than the gargantuan viewlix replica panel. I love the idea of having a custom bag to carry that around in!

No way, the new Viewlix models look great, man. The sloped front just under the buttons mimics the viewlix arcade cab more accurately than the TE, as it gives you a really comfortable wrist rest, even if it isn't quite as sexy.

I bought a VLX and really didn't like the lay out, sold it soon after.

My all time favourite is my HRAP EX:SE.

Look like a bat top!

The TE stick is tasty, I have a couple myself but Madcatz need to make A new stick. Don't do a Hori, they milked the RAP stick to death. But then again I prefer it to the new VLX.

So...... errrrr........ to sum up. Make a new stick, but better than the last!

Yeah, definitely going after the US market with this one :) I expect it's a HAPP Super which I like personally for the tighter spring and slightly longer throw. Button looks convex so probably not US Happs like Imp said.

they're good but it's not the same feeling as a stick, so it'll still feel weird if you're used to using a stick. a reasonably cheap experiment, of course, but don't discount the idea of just buying a cheap stick instead.

The teased TE stick has just been revealed on a SSFIV AE live stream. It's basically a replacement cover for the TE stick which madcatz will be selling - Mortal Kombat button layout with a slightly more ergonomic design. HAPP won't be included, but will obviously fit in the TE.

The teased TE stick has just been revealed on a SSFIV AE live stream. It's basically a replacement cover for the TE stick which madcatz will be selling - Mortal Kombat button layout with a slightly more ergonomic design. HAPP won't be included, but will obviously fit in the TE.

do you mean it's reskin or that it's literally just the cover that you buy, and swap it onto the TE stick you already own? the latter is a really cool idea (for people who like MK) - i approve.

i guess you lift off your TE panel and pop six of the buttons into the holes on that panel and just screw it down. i think it's an awesome idea, precisely because you're not going to want to buy a whole new stick just to play MK for a couple of months.

they should really start selling "skins" for the TE and get in on some of that customisation action that people love. imagine how many people would've bought a new piece of plastic for $20 last year if it said "super street fighter 4" on it!

man, now i want to customise mine again.

Going to try and get that new marvel pad for travel but just seen this on playasia:

pa.190647.1.jpg

I'm a bit of a Treasure whore so may well pre-order one - are the HORI sticks any good?

(I used to have the DOA4 stick and it was good - but I think this may be the next model up)

Hori sticks are decent (although the game branded ones tend to be more difficult to mod than the standard ones due to the buttons being soldered down, rather than the now standard pop in variety).

Also, the standard Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks come with Sanwa JLF sticks, but only Hori buttons that imitate Sanwas (and are pretty miserable to use tbh, which means you'll want to shell out to replace those - £15ish for 8 buttons I'd reckon).

Anyway, the one in particular you've posted an image of uses Seimitsu parts, IIRC, which are considered to be better for Shmups. While some people prefer those parts for fighting games, Sanwa is pretty much the standard bearer for 2D fighters.

EDIT: well, never mind then.

Ok, thanks for the info dudes.

I'm now of a mind to go the whole hog and commission some ninja one off Bunta stick to keep at home and use a pad when I'm traveling/working.

Sorry to keep asking questions but any advice as to places that may offer such a service?

Ok, thanks for the info dudes.

I'm now of a mind to go the whole hog and commission some ninja one off Bunta stick to keep at home and use a pad when I'm traveling/working.

Sorry to keep asking questions but any advice as to places that may offer such a service?

From what I've seen these can be pricey, but worth it!

Will this be your first stick? I'd recommend buying a cheapo Hori stick to see if you get on with controlling your games that way, after so many years of pad abuse I'm just not as good with a stick as I am with a Saturn style pad, even after years of practice :(

From what I've seen these can be pricey, but worth it!

Will this be your first stick? I'd recommend buying a cheapo Hori stick to see if you get on with controlling your games that way, after so many years of pad abuse I'm just not as good with a stick as I am with a Saturn style pad, even after years of practice :(

No mate, I had a DOA4 Hori and then upgraded to a Madcatz TE when SF4 came out - now that I'm traveling around a lot the sticks had to stay home so I'm going to try and get one of the new marvel pads to put in my backpack and treat myself to a new stick when I return.

I should stop been lazy and mod the TE myself but I just love the idea of having a custom one built. I'm a sucker for stuff like that on my cars/bikes so why not for the xbox? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to mod a TvC Wii fightstick to work on 360 and ps3. If so can anyone point me to any guides.

Funny you should mention that, i got a TvsC stick dirt cheap of ebay and i'm about to mod it for the 360/PC

I'm using an old wired madcatz 360 pad for the mod, there's plenty of information about his mod if you do a google search.

How easy would it be for me to mod a Tatsunoko fightstick to work on PS3 and PC as well as wii? Is it possible to have it work on 360 as well as those?

Also, if anyone happens to know (I know The Shend once said he uses one), where can I get a cheap pair of USB Saturn pads? I think there were two versions of it, and the second one is the one I'm after I think?

Thank yous!

How easy would it be for me to mod a Tatsunoko fightstick to work on PS3 and PC as well as wii? Is it possible to have it work on 360 as well as those?

Also, if anyone happens to know (I know The Shend once said he uses one), where can I get a cheap pair of USB Saturn pads? I think there were two versions of it, and the second one is the one I'm after I think?

Thank yous!

I had a couple of those USB Saturn pads and found them to be substandard imitations of the real thing. I'm hanging so bad I can barely type right now, but I'll drop you a PM once I've recovered with some hopefully useful info.

I wouldn't exactly call Happs 'clicky', sure there's a lot more travel to them, but that makes them feel very very mushy to my fingers.

I guess that depends on what you mean by 'clicky'. If you mean instant on/off like a light switch then no they aren't because of the travel (which incidentally feels longer on the TE's Sanwas) but with cherries inside they have a loud, distinct click and you can feel that click under your fingers. Clicky.

I had to drill/file out the holes on my first cab (generic wooden thing) to fit Sanwa replacements for Happs buttons. They probably won't fit well in a TE!

heh, probably not then!

I had a couple of those USB Saturn pads and found them to be substandard imitations of the real thing. I'm hanging so bad I can barely type right now, but I'll drop you a PM once I've recovered with some hopefully useful info.

Thanks sir! :)

I thought they were the real thing with just the cable bit changed though? That's disappointing to hear. I basically want some controllers that'll serve as all purpose GGPO, PS3 Street Fightin', MAME and Micro Machines'n devices for times when using the stick is impractical.