Rllmuk Arcade Stick Thread

Uzi

How easy would it be for me to mod a Tatsunoko fightstick to work on PS3 and PC as well as wii? Is it possible to have it work on 360 as well as those?

Also, if anyone happens to know (I know The Shend once said he uses one), where can I get a cheap pair of USB Saturn pads? I think there were two versions of it, and the second one is the one I'm after I think?

Thank yous!

I think I mentioned it up the page but check out a device called a 'ps360'. Its a pcb that you can mount in a stick, connect the buttons to it and it works on both the ps3 and 360 (minus voice comms) via usb. Not sure if you could attach it to the buttons that are already going to the wii circuitboard so you could use it on all machines... Possibly possible.

Right, thanks to purchasing an MC Cthulhu off Crhis, I'm finally going to mod my Dreamcast arcade stick.

Quick question: will any old cannibalised wires do for hooking up all the buttons, or do you guys recommend picking up some decent wire, and if so, where from?

My need for a stick grows almost daily. But every time I have some money the good stick deals are over.

Which makes me wonder.. those Mad Catz SF sticks have been selling out rather quickly at almost all the retailers I've been keeping an eye on. Perhaps they should make just a little bit more of them?

Right, thanks to purchasing an MC Cthulhu off Crhis, I'm finally going to mod my Dreamcast arcade stick.

And I hope it serves you well!

I ended up replacing it with a PS360 which might take a while to be delivered, but should be worth the wait!

In the meantime... I've got more in to shooters since first building my stick and I'm not sure a JLF is going to suit any more. I've switched it to the square gate but haven't had a chance to test how that feels in game yet till my new PCB arrives, but I'm considering replacing it with a Seimitsu anyway. I've heard the LS-33, 40, and particularly the 56 recommended instead of the standard SRK answer of the 32/32-01 — has anyone any experience of those?

Another question;

I've never looked in to the lower end of the stick market before, but my brothers birthday is coming up and he wants his own stick so we can play some fighting games together on the 360 (doesn't have to work with anything else) together. What's the best I could do for 30-50? Note: I'm not averse to swapping out parts etc.

Need a stick? Just found the Mad Catz Xbox 360 stick on Amazon UK for 90 squid. That's a pretty good price but the cock suckers won't send it to Denmark. So might as well alert you lot to it. It's a new seller and bla. bla. but it's through Amazon so you should be safe.

Have a look:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002V0WKXM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1299878407&sr=8-18&condition=new

• 2 weeks later...

I'm selling my 360 Street Fighter 4 arcade stick if anyone here is interested at a reasonable price. (Not sure what these go for, £35 plus P&P?)

One of these:-

sfiv-ps3-arcade-stick-2.jpg

It's boxed and has had less than 10 hours use.

Thought I'd ask on here in case anyone is looking for one and we can avoid paying fees, if you're interested drop me a PM otherwise I'll list it on ebay or the like.

Thanks!

Sorry to be really annoying but I've seen some that have sold recently on ebay(I'd previously searched for arcade stick instead of fightstick) they've been selling for 50-60 quid, I didn't realise they'd fetch that much so unless your mate would be willing to pay £50 for it including postage I'm going to put it on ebay I'm afraid.

Apologies for messing anyone around, worth more than I thought!

• 1 month later...

Just swapped the Sanwa stick in my TE for a Semitsu (LS-32-01) - I like it a lot - it has a much shorter throw.

I found my PS1 Namco Arcade sticks in the loft plus the USB converter. They still work fine but I think I'm going to replace the sticks and buttons - they are all a bit too soft and the joystick has too much travel compared to my MAME cab.

Where's the shop of choice for arcade parts?