Rllmuk Arcade Stick Thread

Uzi

Off topic. Has anyone got any advice for using a Hori EX 2 on 360 (mainly for Mortal Kombat but also casually for SSFIV, MvC3 and Soul Calibur 4) please?

Basically I'm not an arcade stick player but have had an extended trial period of one to pull away from my SFIV pad. Any advice on button layouts, hand posture or general advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers chaps :)

Also, for the Sanwa buttons, it's OBSF-30's I'll be needing, yes?

It depends on the size of the holes. The 30-size are the "standard" size buttons you'll use for the top. Here's the parts list I ordered for my Dreamcast stick mod:

Description: Sanwa OBSN-30 Pushbutton, Color: Blue

Item No: obsn30

Unit price: $2.95 USD

Quantity: 6

Amount: $17.70 USD

Description: Sanwa OBSN-24 Pushbutton, Color: Blue

Item No: obsn24

Unit price: $2.50 USD

Quantity: 2

Amount: $5.00 USD

Description: Sanwa JLF-TP-8T Joystick, Color: Blue

Item No: JLF-TP-8T-

Unit price: $24.95 USD

Quantity: 1

Amount: $24.95 USD

Description: Cthulhu PC/PS3 PCB, Complete,

Item No: Cthulhu

Unit price: $40.00 USD

Amount: $40.00 USD

Description: Shipping and Handling, Via: USPS First Class International, To: New Zealand

Unit price: $15.82 USD

Amount: $15.82 USD

Subtotal: $103.47 USD

Total: $103.47 USD

I used the OBSN 30 for the 6 top buttons and the OBSN 24 for two "start" and "select" buttons which I created new holes for on the side. In my mod I removed the top buttons and filled these and the VMU hole, so moved the buttons to the side of the stick case.

Hi

Ordered a SFIV Round 2 TE stick from Zavvi, but it states the eta would be around a month...Is this because they haven't got any in stock and they'll get back to me to say they can't fulfill the order? Anyone else order a stick from them recently?

Cheers

Anyone got a SE/TE they're not using and want to sell?

I really want you to take my advice about switching the button connections with one of the buttons you don't use, but I'm not sure how to post it again without being that guy who refuses to accept that someone's not going to do what he wants them to do.

Maybe that's a sign that I should just accept that you're not going to do what I want you to do, but you should really do it just as a temporary measure at least. You only use six buttons - all games have button config options and there are still seven totally fine button connects sitting right there on your PCB!

Hello chaps. I am now a member of Stick Club, but joining hasn't gone as smoothly as I'd hoped.

I grabbed a second-hand boxed SE from CEX for a very reasonable £40, but when I tried playing with it I found that down-back and up-back only work occasionally.

So, question is, do I fork out another 20-odd quid for a new stick from Gremlin or just send the whole thing back and get a brand new TE like a real man?

Hello chaps. I am now a member of Stick Club, but joining hasn't gone as smoothly as I'd hoped.

I grabbed a second-hand boxed SE from CEX for a very reasonable £40, but when I tried playing with it I found that down-back and up-back only work occasionally.

So, question is, do I fork out another 20-odd quid for a new stick from Gremlin or just send the whole thing back and get a brand new TE like a real man?

Nah check the Qanba R4 out.

Did you use a stick before? I wouldn't go spending millions of monies on a big fancy one. I don't know if there are any TEs going for bargain prices at the moment (if there are though, let me know!). Maybe it's a fixable problem?

A new stick for under £20 is probably your best bet. I'd definitely replace the spongy SE buttons as well though.

EDIT: This post originally said about five long contradictary things. Apologies for being useless.

My TE stick works again! I had -

-not noticed the lock slider was engaged :facepalm:

-not noticed the input slider was stuck between 'left analogue' and 'd-pad' :facepalm:

-confused myself no end by re-attaching the joystick pin connector upside down before closing the 'lid' last time I checked it. :facepalm:

:doh:

The TE is £99 at The Hut and I have a 10% "why haven't you bought anything from us since you bought that one thing years ago" voucher.

Acronym, that Q4RAF is nice but the next batch won't make it in time for Third Strike.

I been stickless for over a 3 weeks now, been playing pad. I'm saving up for a new stick at the moment and while its a waiting game I'm not going to skimp out and get another TE due to the shitty PCB PS3 boards.

If you think you'll use it much, a TE is definitely the way to go. If not, they often sell on ebay for £90+ so I doubt you'd be much out of pocket.

I really like mine, I just wish I had more spare time for Street Fightin'. It's been too long since I last had a good crack

Haha! In my defence the 'swap the button RT w/LT' advice lead me down a wrong path where the key phrase 'swap button' has a whole series of ambiguous meanings. Thanks for the persistence though. :)

Yes, yes, I'm sure my two/three misunderstandings in a forum containing 1976829 posts and rising was worthy of what could be interpreted such a pissy riposte.

It's your interpretation that's at fault. I wasn't being pissy. I was actually egging alistarr along in his persistence and breathing a sigh of relief that the penny dropped and you have a possible solution. :(

Did they have a different name? I thought they just had a fresh batch of characters on them? The first set were Ken, Ryu, Chun li and... I want to say Blanka? Maybe someone else as well. The second set I think had Viper, Sagat and Bison among others (possibly).

If this post was any more vague it would be Vega.

I never did get to play one of those. They were only ever in glass gamestation cases.

I also remember wanting an N-Gage right up until the day I played one.

What's good free software for mac os x that will let me put together stick art for my tatsunoko SE using the template I got from capcom-unity? I might wait until I buy a laptop of my own and use GIMP or something.