Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Vin

I've only played infiltrator a little bit so far, but I enjoy cloaking and then running up to enemies and beating them to death. The other two main uses are to quickly displace and get to safety, or to allow you to line up that perfect headshot with the sniper rifle without worrying about being shot to pieces.

Ah, yes, the sniping one is good! I'd be too scared about getting in close as i'll panic, spaz out and be dead in two seconds.

Yes. Fighting a security mech at level 30 is much tougher than at level 1. Enemies scale in health and armour and shields and all that.

Right, that lets me wrap my head round it at last :) Restart it is! Still not done much after Horizon on this playthrough, so not too bad to start over.

When I try to custom make characters they just look dumb :) Is that ME2 customIsation

Its an imported custom character from the original game, but I think ME2 has the same facial customisation system. I just started with one of the default heads and tweeked everything till she looked like Scully with a Hitler flick :)

Quick question: if you make a female Shepherd, are the people you can try to chat up changed at all?

Think I'm nearing the end of my 1st playthrough and will be restarting on hardest difficulty - now thinking possibly doing so with a female Shepherd instead (stuck exclusively to a male one in ME1).

Quick question: if you make a female Shepherd, are the people you can try to chat up changed at all?

Think I'm nearing the end of my 1st playthrough and will be restarting on hardest difficulty - now thinking possibly doing so with a female Shepherd instead (stuck exclusively to a male one in ME1).

yeah you can chat up Garrus :) or Jacob/Thane.

That yotube link a few posts back is....impressive.

I'm pretty sure my initial run through of that fight on Veteran was not nearly as co-ordinated. Admittedly, I had just grabbed the revenant mg, which is a bit iffy at range.

I fully intend to try out other classes, along with femshep and different special weapons, but want to wait for the next 'main' dlc first for a more complete experience. I dunno, all this promise of flying tanks, and here we are. It's like being a kid lied to by Tomorrows World all over again. :)

On my second playthrough and I just did the Jack recruitment mission. Used the Cain. Holy shit! On the bit with the large mech, it just wiped absolutely everything out. Why the hell didn't I use it the first time round?!

Same here. Used it on a large Mech. Initially, I wasn't sure how to use it, jabbing away at the trigger to no effect, as the Mech came stomping towards me. Then I held it down it. Still nothing, oh hang on, it seems to be charging up... BOOOOOM!! Wha - ? The screen was just filled with fire, the big Mech exploding into a thousand pieces. Poor old Miranda got knocked on her arse. Awesome weapon.

Anyhoo, just finished my first playthrough, and have been avoiding this thread like the plaque for about 40 odd pages.

Having come straight from Mass Effect 1, and onto the sequel, I don't think the

ending was as accomplished. And I found the boss fight with the human Reaper slightly ludicrous for some reason. It didn't seem to fit in with the tone of the game somehow. The ending of the first game is better.

Yes. Fighting a security mech at level 30 is much tougher than at level 1. Enemies scale in health and armour and shields and all that.

I should have listened.

I imported my level 27 Shep and started my Vanguard Insanity run and it's absolutely nails. Those dash-shotgun tactics don't work nearly as well when you're level 30 (and the enemies as well).

I managed to do Mordin's, Grunt's and Jack's recruitment missions, as well as Zaeed's s loyalty mission (opted for the Renegade path this time), but I'm dreading what's ahead of me.

I should have listened.

I imported my level 27 Shep and started my Vanguard Insanity run and it's absolutely nails. Those dash-shotgun tactics don't work nearly as well when you're level 30 (and the enemies as well).

Must admit I'm finding things possibly a little straighforward on Veteran difficulty, wheras I was tested a fair bit in the original on normal. About 8hrs in, just done the

two Omega recruitment

missions and the precedeing ones and a visit to the Citadel. I had an imported level 50 char but wondering whether it might be worth restarting on hardcore. Playing as Adept, I think I've only died twice, and not really had to do much tactical thinking or squad management - slightly on autopilot rushing through the levels shooting wave after wave of hapless alien cannon fodder. Even the Krogans (so far) seem to drop really quickly if I just chuck a few Warp/Singularity fields their way... I presume it gets a bit more challenging later on?

One other slight (cosmetic) niggle - there doesn't seem to be a way of equipping/unequipping my helmet mid-mission as in ME1 now the 'Equipment' tab has been eradicated.. unless I missed it? Instead I seem to be forced to go back to my cabin for the change outfit thing.

Bioware really hit paydirt with that facial personalisation system in ME1 - even if it was a bit limited it clearly made it 'your' unique character, something which really pays dividends in the sequel - I had such a huge grin on my face during that opening sequence.

Here's Sam Shepard, straight-talkin' Paragon with occasional bipolar tendancies and Gilly Anderson's cheek bones - she's the bomb I tell ya. And Jen Hale just is her.

post-12619-1266174397.jpg post-12619-1266174781.jpg post-12619-1266174688.jpg

I swear every female Shepard looks exactly the same, with a different badly fitting wig on. :)

Must admit I'm finding things possibly a little straighforward on Veteran difficulty, wheras I was tested a fair bit in the original on normal. About 8hrs in, just done the

two Omega recruitment

missions and the precedeing ones and a visit to the Citadel. I had an imported level 50 char but wondering whether it might be worth restarting on hardcore. Playing as Adept, I think I've only died twice, and not really had to do much tactical thinking or squad management - slightly on autopilot rushing through the levels shooting wave after wave of hapless alien cannon fodder. Even the Krogans (so far) seem to drop really quickly if I just chuck a few Warp/Singularity fields their way... I presume it gets a bit more challenging later on?

One other slight (cosmetic) niggle - there doesn't seem to be a way of equipping/unequipping my helmet mid-mission as in ME1 now the 'Equipment' tab has been eradicated.. unless I missed it? Instead I seem to be forced to go back to my cabin for the change outfit thing.

Yeah, the rest of the armour system is ok (though I'd like to see even more custom options next time), but the helmet thing is definitely a step back.

Makes the dlc armour totally redundant, too.

So torn over who to have sex with. I have a favourite, but I want to do my secretary, just because she's my secretary... and others becuase they look weird.

My fave is Archangel, the chats we've been having about the logisittics of it have been brilliant. I should stop being a tramp and follow my heart.

Jacob's so boring I almost fell asleep listening to him. A shame really, he's a decent guy but there's just nothing interesting or exciting there.

I have to say, I do love the smile on Shep's face when she tells Archangel he was always ugly. And the little shrug and eye-roll when she gives the Doc her present.

Also, there isn't enough love in this thread for that moment on Tuchanka

where you first meet Wrex and the guard is all "He's too busy" then Wrex sees you and is all "SHEPARD! MY FRIEND!" :)

I fucking love that bit.

The thing about Jacob is that he gets everything. He isn't a Cerberus lackey. He can deal with his own stuff. He doesn't come whining to Shepard like a big babby when he can't deal with his own personal crap. So...he's interesting...but not that interesting in the context of the game I guess.

My Shephard got it on with Archangel.

The love scene was surprisingly restrained for Bioware. I know their love scenes aren't really graphic, but compared to a sexy witch getting humped by a dwarf in Dragon Age, it was positively pre-watershed. I presume other romantic liaisons are saucier?

My Shephard got it on with Archangel.

The love scene was surprisingly restrained for Bioware. I know their love scenes aren't really graphic, but compared to a sexy witch getting humped by a dwarf in Dragon Age, it was positively pre-watershed. I presume other romantic liaisons are saucier?

Not really. It's generally very tastefully handled.

For Tali, it's her getting very nervous about it ("I would have brought music, but didn't know what you'd like") and then she gets hushed, the helmet is taken off, her voice falters, and she leaps on Shepard and it cuts to black. You don't see anything.

The sauciest I think is

Miranda, who strips off a bit before it cuts away.

Ah, I see. Curious that Edge should describe the love scenes in this as an "existential horror". Certainly a criticism you could level at Dragon Age, but not ME2.

My female Shephard also tried to get her hands on

Samara's plunging neckline for some hot MILF action. Despite declining politely, I liked Samara's comment about how if she were a maiden she would drag me to the floor right now! Ooo, saucy! :)

I did find myself wondering whether the love scenes had been toned down in reaction to the Fox News nonsense surrounding the first game. I suspect it probably has more to do with the difficulty of animating a convincing human on human love scene though, let alone anything involving aliens. :)

With regards to the relationship between Shepard and Miranda,

how is it that the only two people on the Normandy with their own private accommodation get it on in the engine room of all places?

:)

With regards to the relationship between Shepard and Miranda,

how is it that the only two people on the Normandy with their own private accommodation get it on in the engine room of all places?

:)

Doing it on a Tantalus Drive Core is like doing it on a washing machine times a thousand.