Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Vin

EDI and Joker smoke your eezo and platinum and make you cry.

There is some dialogue between him and customs too BTW.

As well as the Flotilla, there's also extra dialogue if you leave speaking to the Citadel Council until after you get him, he tries to back you up regarding Sovereign. Naturally, the Salarian Councillor questions the legitimacy of his statement because the Citadel Council are dicks. But at least he didn't fucking air quote me I guess.

There's actually dialogue for him for every mission bar Freedoms Progress and Horizon, I think, it would appear the decision to restrict him to the endgame was made quite late on. If you go digging in the PC version, there are some corkers - when Jack challenges Shepard as to what she's going to do, he chips in with "There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot. A punch to the face is also likely."

No one here yet, I don't think. The only way to do it would be either i) deliberately (which no one's likely to do on the first playthrough), or ii) by being a drooling, braindead mega-mong who failed every loyalty quest and reckons

Grunt's 1337 hacking skills, Zaeed's awesome leadership qualities and Jacob's GOOD STUFF! are the key to successfully making it through the Collector Base

Possibly spoilerific question:

Did anybody's Shepard die?

I remember them talking about the possibility before the game came out, but just wondering if anybody experienced it.

It's possible - the ending's on Youtube - it's a bit sad.

Shep and Joker are so BFFs

It's not just

Shep that dies though. I think your ENTIRE team have to die to let Shep die - only Joker/Edi live!

Someone on Grcade got that ending - You have to pretty much do NOTHING right throughout the game though.

No one here yet, I don't think. The only way to do it would be either i) deliberately (which no one's likely to do on the first playthrough), or ii) by being a drooling, braindead mega-mong who failed every loyalty quest and reckons

Grunt's 1337 hacking skills, Zaeed's awesome leadership qualities and Jacob's GOOD STUFF! are the key to successfully making it through the Collector Base

I'm pretty sure one person here got it, using option ii. Art, perhaps.

Quick question: just started a new playthrough as a hot female redhead Shepard. Do I get to decide what choices were made in ME1? Like if the council survived, etc? Or does it just decide for you what already did?

No. The development version shown to some had this feature, but it was taken out of the final game. You don't get to choose, Wrex dies, as do the Council, and Udina is put in charge.

Hmm. I've already had one playthrough with that cretin Udina poncing about. The only way round this I guess is to reload a ME1 save?

Yep. If you're playing on the PC you can download save files containing all kinds of different choice-configurations, but 360 owners are out of luck.

OK cheers for the help. Am on 360 sadly so looks like my hands are tied. Just have to make do, as my ME1 save is a bloke Shepard and I wanted a playthrough as a woman this time. Tis a real shame they didn't put the feature in for you to choose what happened, especially as I bet less than 1% of all ME1 owners picked Udina over Anderson. :)

Yep. If you're playing on the PC you can download save files containing all kinds of different choice-configurations, but 360 owners are out of luck.

Not entirely. If you're importing a save, the choice of human councillor isn't fixed - you get asked about it and pick either Anderson or Udina in-game. It's only if you're starting a non-imported save that you don't get the choice, it defaults to Udina.

Come on man, loads of people fell for this one. I don't really buy the whole "obviously unsuitable for the role" thing, the dude set up his own Mercenary group!

Every single time I listened to one of his war stories, it ended with 'everyone else died, I was the only one that made it'. Every. Single. Time. That plus his loyalty mission tells you everything you need to know about the guy!

The only way Bioware fucked up there is by not having the true Bad Ending feature everyone *but* Zaeed getting killed, followed by him staring out into space at the end saying 'Reapers? Fack it, whadda I care!'

Plus he almost got killed by a fucking Hanar. A Hanar!

Not entirely. If you're importing a save, the choice of human councillor isn't fixed - you get asked about it and pick either Anderson or Udina in-game. It's only if you're starting a non-imported save that you don't get the choice, it defaults to Udina.

Ohhhhhhhh. I deliberately said "Udina" once, just to see what would happen. When Miranda didn't tell me I was smoking crack, I thought something had bugged. Why is that the only pickable option?

Every single time I listened to one of his war stories, it ended with 'everyone else died, I was the only one that made it'. Every. Single. Time. That plus his loyalty mission tells you everything you need to know about the guy!

The only way Bioware fucked up there is by not having the true Bad Ending feature everyone *but* Zaeed getting killed, followed by him staring out into space at the end saying 'Reapers? Fack it, whadda I care!'

Plus he almost got killed by a fucking Hanar. A Hanar!

Yeah but Archangel has a really great record for keeping his mercs alive, doesn't he?

I picked Udina because, as a career politician, I figured he was the best man for the dirty job ahead. He had all the qualities need to survive in the hotbed of intrigue and dissembling that is the intragalactic political arena, and possessed all the hallmarks of a great statesman.

(I didn't pick Udina. He was a shifty, feckless cunt.)

Fave part of ME1 is when a certain someone lamps the cunt. It's fantastic.

This is one of those choices that has to be made. There is no other option. I mean, there is, but it's just there to keep you on your toes, make sure you're paying attention.

No. The development version shown to some had this feature, but it was taken out of the final game. You don't get to choose, Wrex dies, as do the Council, and Udina is put in charge.

Luckily, that's entirely the opposite of the ME1 save that I took into ME2, so having that as my second playthrough with a new character won't be too bad.

What about all the cool cameos in ME2, though? Do they happen in a non-ME1 save?