Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Vin

How can they put the Mako in this when its only missions and no exploration of planets? :rolleyes:

The Mako isn't going to be in it, it's going to be a hovertank called the Hammerhead. Presumably they're going to add in lots of spaces to drive it around in, and maybe associated missions, so it'll be a pretty hefty bit of DLC when it hits.

Mass%20Effect%202%20-%20Art%20Book%20Hammerhead.png

Here's the thing from the art book.

edit: And, for good measure, the default key bindings to give you a look at what the Hammerhead's abilities will be.

Mass%20Effect%202%20-%20Vehicle%20Key%20Bindings.jpg

Ooh spiffy, hope its not just used for a small handful of missions. Would love to actually explore some of the planets in ME2 like in the original. The only bad thing about driving about in the 1st game were the samey environments and indoor bits on said planets. The actual driving and shooting stuff and the controls of the tank were pretty good. I cant see exploration working though, due to the ships scanner finding practically anything on a planet :(

The only thing I dislike about ME2 is the lack of exploration. Like when you goto the Citadel, I would have liked to goto the actual C-Sec, the rest of the Presidium apart from the one ambassador office, more of the wards, the docking platform etc. Maybe its just me that liked to wander about and explore like this though :rolleyes:

The only thing I dislike about ME2 is the lack of exploration. Like when you goto the Citadel, I would have liked to goto the actual C-Sec, the rest of the Presidium apart from the one ambassador office, more of the wards, the docking platform etc. Maybe its just me that liked to wander about and explore like this though :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about this, I guess this is where playing the first one is an advantage as even though the Citidel is reduced quite a bit in the 2nd game it still feels like it's "out there".

I ended up internally rationalising that if I went out for a walk in the wards I'd cause a riot or be mobbed or be the target of assassins.

Ooh spiffy, hope its not just used for a small handful of missions. Would love to actually explore some of the planets in ME2 like in the original. The only bad thing about driving about in the 1st game were the samey environments and indoor bits on said planets. The actual driving and shooting stuff and the controls of the tank were pretty good. I cant see exploration working though, due to the ships scanner finding practically anything on a planet :rolleyes:

I don't see why that would be a problem though. If you come across an anomaly on the scanner, you still have to physically land on the planet. I assume the only fundamental difference between vehicular exploration and a standard N7 mission will be the scale of the environments. Rather than searching a small location on foot, you'll be exploring a relatively larger area in the Hammerhead. Essentially, it's the same thing.

I've been thinking about this, I guess this is where playing the first one is an advantage as even though the Citidel is reduced quite a bit in the 2nd game it still feels like it's "out there".

I ended up internally rationalising that if I went out for a walk in the wards I'd cause a riot or be mobbed or be the target of assassins.

I still would have loved to revisit that same old section of the Presidium. I could have paid my respects to the Consort, gazed knowingly at the mass relay 'statue' and admired the damage caused by the flaming wreckage of my Mako.

Come on man, loads of people fell for this one. I don't really buy the whole "obviously unsuitable for the role" thing, the dude set up his own Mercenary group!

Yes, and EVERY single one of his stories ends with all of his team mates/partners dying horribly!

Wow. Kasumi's voice actor seems horrible

I still would have loved to revisit that same old section of the Presidium. I could have paid my respects to the Consort, gazed knowingly at the mass relay 'statue' and admired the damage caused by the flaming wreckage of my Mako.

She isn't there. There's a radio story to that effect, and I think she shows up somewhere else if you chose the Renegade option? I didn't get her in any case.

finished this last night - lost no crew members

a 7/10 from me i'm afraid

the ending was a bit of a washout and he final battle sections might as well be on rails (just as all the other run & gun sections are)

hopefully by carrying on to complete the side missions i left behind i'll be able to find a bit more of a "free play" game mechanic which actually lets me explore a bit - i'm doubtful though

finished this last night -

lost no crew members

Too many things I don't want to see/hear in this thread yet folks - think I'm gonna duck out until after completion.

EDIT - my own fault really seeing as so many have finished now :facepalm:

This is it, really. I don't know the specifics of the levelling up of enemies, but if the levelling-to-match is taken literally then yes, it will get easier as the game goes on (sort of, difficulty spikes aside), but since you'd never get to level 30 in the first playthrough until right at the end of the final battle it's only then, if then, that you'll have as 'easy' a time of it as you had on a first playthrough - assuming that first playthrough was itself pitched at Insanity level.

I don't know if that's exactly the way it works, but it certainly feels like it. It's fucking brutal.

So if I import my level 55-60 ME1 Shep, I'm completely screwed? :facepalm:

I'm doing the second playthrough with this character atm, on hardcore, and it's kinda...hard. I don't want ME2 to be impossible on my first go!

So if I import my level 55-60 ME1 Shep, I'm completely screwed? :facepalm:

I'm doing the second playthrough with this character atm, on hardcore, and it's kinda...hard. I don't want ME2 to be impossible on my first go!

No! Its when you do new game plus with a ME2 Shepard- your ME1 imported Shep starts at Lv 1 with some import bonuses! It makes the game easier, not harder!

I finished this on Tuesday night and ever since I've been a bit depressed about completing it. I know I could start all over again and go renegade but I know everything that will happen so it's not really going to help.

Anyway....I did the last bit twice and both times no matter character I chose always

got shot when they door finally shut

Is there a particular character to choose or is it random?

Great game and bring on the dlc.

Have just bought this 2nd hand for £22. The Cerberus network code has been used, is it worth 1200 points?

Not at the moment. It has one new character, one very short, but nostalgic, mission and a shotgun and piece of armour. It might be worth it at some point in the future, depending on what they release.

They both were loyal though.

The survival of the hacker is dependent on their skills, loyalty *and* likewise those of the person you pick to lead the second Fire Team. Pick the right person for the Fire Team and they'll order supressing fire at the door while the hacker works to close it. Pick the wrong one, like the Baby Krogan or the Selfish Mercenary Loner Who's Spent 20 Years Caring Only About His Revenge And Is The Sole Survivor In Nearly All His Missions...well, bad things will happen.