Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Vin

Finally played the new dlc, really enjoyed it, although wasn't as fun as the Shadow Broker one.

Although I have fell in love with turians again

Garrus :wub:

. So awesome. (Maybe not as awesome as Krogans)

What are you talking about?

There were no Turians in the DLC?

What are you talking about?

There were no Turians in the DLC?

Ah, apologies.

I haven't played ME2 in months now, it was when playing the dlc I decided to wander around the ship again, trying to remember my decisions from before...which was when I started chatting to Garrus/Grunt again. Hence the love for turians/krogans again.

I need to learn to post better.

Ok im playing this for the first time and doing my best not to read this thread.

I have picked up loads of the crew and have started doing loyalty missions, my question is, should i be specializing in 2 or 3 squad members and leveling them up?

Or does it not really matter and the last battle will be with ALL my squad haha that would be class.

If you think i should level up 2 or 3 i'll pick miranda, grunt and garrus?

All your squad level up at the same rate - i.e., the ones you don't take on missions get the same XP as the ones who do. So feel free to experiment with squad members, as there's no penalty for choosing a different team every time.

Ah, apologies.

I haven't played ME2 in months now, it was when playing the dlc I decided to wander around the ship again, trying to remember my decisions from before...which was when I started chatting to Garrus/Grunt again. Hence the love for turians/krogans again.

I need to learn to post better.

:D Ah.

You had me worried for a sec, I thought I'd done something wrong. And for what it's worth, I agree.

Thanks K. Puts my mind to rest.

I'm playing a borrowed copy from my mate (it was new sealed) - Is there any real point in be activating his cerebus code? he doesn't mind but its unlikely i'll bother with the paid for DLC - what do you actually get?

Nnnnoooooo!! Don't do the Shadow Broker until after you've done the main game.

Why? I've done it both ways and I don't see what it spoils. In fact given the benefits you get from it, I'd say you do want to complete it early.

Nnnnoooooo!! Don't do the Shadow Broker until after you've done the main game.

Yes! Don't do the Shadow Broker until after you've done the main game. Don't do it, it doesn't really "fit" properly if you do and you can actually hit a horrible bug that will block out a huge chunk of content from the main game

I know cause it's happened to me and it's talked about on the Bioware forums. If you do Shadow Broker as soon as you can, you can easily miss out on a Dossier.

I'm playing a borrowed copy from my mate (it was new sealed) - Is there any real point in be activating his cerebus code? he doesn't mind but its unlikely i'll bother with the paid for DLC - what do you actually get?

This is what I hate about splintering the core game with various bits of DLC.

Activating the Cerberus code will give you free access to the Zaeed DLC. Not only is he one of the best character's in the game but his loyalty mission is full on amazing.

I don't understand why they would resign such an amazing piece of the game to DLC, even if it's "free" with every new copy, I bet loads of people just won't be arsed typing the code in.

The Cerebus stuff is well worth it, given that it's free. You get Zaeed and his loyalty mission, and he's arguably one of the best characters. Plus, you get a handful of other missions and extras, which are variable in quality, but all interesting at least.

The PDLC is mostly pretty ace, too. In descending order of quality:

Lair of the Shadow Broker

Kasumi's Stolen Memory

Overlord

The Arrival

The rest of the paid DLC are weapons and armour, all of which are very cheap, some of which is great. The Mattock assault rifle is amazing.

OK thats tempting, this Zaeed character. So i can input the code and the game will hopefully signpost me to the new content? I'm really enjoying it I have to say, a million times more than I thought I would. I'm playing as a soldier and enjoying the combat a lot!

I do have 500 points, can i get any decent DLC for that?

Kasumi's Stolen Memory

Overlord

The Arrival

I'd switch Overlord and Kasumi. For me, Overlord is the most atmospheric of the lot, with a vibe that resembles System Shock. The ending is a memorable one to say the least.

The Cerebus stuff is well worth it, given that it's free. You get Zaeed and his loyalty mission, and he's arguably one of the best characters. Plus, you get a handful of other missions and extras, which are variable in quality, but all interesting at least.

Kasumi's Stolen Memory

Overlord

The Arrival

The rest of the paid DLC are weapons and armour, all of which are very cheap, some of which is great. The Mattock assault rifle is amazing.

K is spot-on.

Also the debate about when you should do Shadow Broker (during the main game, or after the main story's ending) largely comes down to what you regard as more important: material benefits in the form of extra credits/resources/upgrades, or thematic weight. I go with thematic weight every time, so it's post-ending for me.

Having recently done both I am quite tempted to agree. Although, as is often mentioned, Kasumi brings a mini-bar to your ship which is always one hell of a plus point.

Looking at the DLC on the Bioware site, cost is:

LOTSB - 800 MSP (great story expansion, thematically best done post end-game)

Overlord - 560 (nice and meaty side-mission, doesn't hit its stride until the final act though)

Kasumi: Stolen Memory - 560 (arguably quite slight, but does provide a new team-mate and a cocktail dress for your Shep)

Arrival - 560 (don't bother with this shoddy waste of time, I implore you)

Of the weapons packs the Firepower pack is the best as it gives you the aforementioned Mattock heavy rifle and the Geth shotty, which is to my mind one of the best/most overpowered guns in the game, Firepower pack costs 160 MSP

The Aegis pack is 160 MSP points, too. This contains the Kestrel armour, which is a modular piece and so gives you lots more tinkering options until you get that armour that feels 'just right'.

The Cerberus Network is 1200 MSP, and with it you get Zaeed, his side-mission, access to the Normandy SR1 crash site (a little pointless, but quite poignant) and i think the Firewalker side-missions, which are largely dull and frustrating vehicle-based slogs. If you have the code then it's definitely worth using, but won't your mate be pissed off you nicked it?

The Equalizer pack is utterly pointless.

Thanks for the rundown guys, most appreciated. I'll checkout LOTSB then when ive finished.

I've just texted him to confirm he was ok with me using the cerebus code and i think he's wavering. Might just pick up a copy of the game now to own as I am loving it and will definitely buy ME3. Will go checking trading / bargains now!

If you've got a CEX near you I bought a copy of Mass Effect 1 for a fiver. Well worth it seeing as I put about 25+ hours into it :)

Also, having played the second game before playing the first I can recommended you getting the first and playing it through. It doesn't make a huge difference really but they are some nice little touches that reference what I did in the first so far on my second playthrough of ME2. Plus, you do get a much better understanding of the story.

Anyone know of anyone selling cheap MS Points?

Go for the Eviscerator, level cryo up to 4 and go for team cryo, unless you're trying to take down something big with armour (basically Abominations or Scions), in which case go incendiary rounds.

When you get the choice of krogan shotgun / assault rifle / sniper then go for the sniper rifle. The Krogan shotty is not that big a step up from the Eviscerator, the Locust SMG is a good proxy for an assault rifle, so sniper is the way to go, gives you a good balance of short range (shotty), medium range (locust) and long range (mantis)

my vanguard IS using the Eviscerator, but the arrival DLC enemies are less than impressed by it.

sadface.gif

Animated movie due next year. (I wonder if this is the First Wars movie. EA have shown they love their animated movies with both Dante's Inferno and DS1, DS2 receiving animated movie tie-ins)

EA’s announced that an anime movie on Mass Effect will release in summer 2012.

The movie’s being made in collaboration with BioWare, T.O. Entertainment and FUNimation.

Mass Effect series producer Casey Hudson will be executive producer alongside FUNimation president and CEO Gen Fukunaga, director of original entertainment Chris Moujaes, T.O Entertainment’s CEO Takeichi Honda and Yui Shibata.

“Over the last few years, we have revealed different pieces of the Mass Effect world through different media. Extending the story through an anime medium is another amazing opportunity for us,” said Hudson.

“Partnering with FUNimation ensures that we will bring this rich universe to life with the utmost quality and the same attention to detail that the Mass Effect games are known for.”

Production is already underway for a summer 2012 digital and home launch

http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/07/mass-effect-anime-film-to-release-in-2012/