Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Vin

25 hours into my first play through of ME2 on the PS3. Fucking love it. Can't think of the last time I've enjoyed a game this much.

Also if I could pick any game universe to live in, it would be the mass effect universe. I want a spaceship willed with hot aliens and lesbians in space. 21st century reality sucks :(

Completed the LOTSB and working my way through the suicide mission:

Did I miss something with the shadow broker? I dont get the love for it? The only bit I thought interesting was on the ship where it played with perspective. The broker himself was a)piss easy and b)a bit of a let down (I half expected a power sword or ocarina)

Anyhow on to the suicide mission:

Obviously my first attempt is now legend as I sent Thane into the vents........Which didnt work well

SO this time it will be different, after taking MS Tali Vos Normandy for a ride on Space Mountain I appreciated her flexibility and reach so into the vents she went.

I have chosen Saaeed and Grunt as my partners and have Garrus leading the firesquad (both times), I sent Niles back with the crew.

But most importantly

NO KELLYSHAKE 4 ME!

The mission has progressed well, with no one dying as of yet and frankly the collector ship was harder than this.

I've left it at the Reaper, I'm struggling to do serious damage to him atm and can't hit the left eye at all.

Finished, 30 hours. Loved it to bits. trying to decide will i buy ME1 and play it, but then i'd have to play ME2 again (probably as a renegade) .. but that would mean the character i import into ME3 couldn't be the real me... plus id need 60 hrs which i don't have!

I have only 1 tiny niggle with the whole game.

Before the collector attack on the normady, when the IFF module is being installed there is a reference to 'you'll have to take the shuttle on your next mission' and there is a cut scene where THE ENTIRE TEAM get on the shuttle and go off on a non existent mission. It was clearly a plot for the story but it sucked me out as it wasnt something i had control over.

as for the end

Never lost anyone on the suicide mission which im pleased about

Miranda lead the first fire team, geth done the hacking.

send the doctor back with the survivors then Jacob led the 2nd fire team mission,

i kept miranda close and used samara for the shields etc. Nuked that human reaper badboy at the end!

do i have to read the whole thread now ? :blush:

EDIT; forgot to ask, is there someone missing?

on the squad select screen, there is just room for 1 more person - i have zaeed from the dlc but it looks off balance, like there is someone missing..

EDIT; forgot to ask, is there someone missing?

on the squad select screen, there is just room for 1 more person - i have zaeed from the dlc but it looks off balance, like there is someone missing..

Kasumi I'd guess ?

Just finished my hardcore play-through, was pretty easy in the end.

As recommended in this very thread I followed the tried and trusted method of Miranda / Thane for most missions, having overload x 1 and warp x 2 + ghetto warp (reave) for my own power made taking down enemies fairly quick. Was playing Vanguard, so made full use of the heavy charge > 100% shield recharge trick. Went with sniper rifle for the extra weapon option and stuck with the eviscerator shotty for most of the close-up work (bizarrely found that easiest way to kill the reaper - stand right in front of him and just blast away with the shotty)

Suicide mission went well except for:

Tali died following her vent run - I think this was because I'd failed her loyalty mission by ratting her dad out for being a dick. Legion also died in the finale, probably because I'd not bothered doing his loyalty mission as I'd just finished the overlord mission and couldn't be arsed with another geth flavoured mission

Obviously will do things "properly" when I do my canon run in to ME3 in a few months time though :)

Wait - you took Zaeed and Grunt with you? This could be a close one given their high HoL values...

So far no ones died, and the team holding the line includes legion, garrus and jacob so I assumed that they'd be ok

Guess we'll find out

Wow, one hell of a game. Only los Jack in the end, not too fussed about her. Quite happy how things all turned out, but may play again as a bloke as being a lesbian in space wasn't as fun as I expected. Also all the main character romances didn't excite me at all, mr boring or two lizards. Now just to play al the ~DLC I missed! I'm not too happy though about the backstory that they generated for me, Human controlled council, dead Wrex. Need to research how to reset that.

If you're playing the PS3 version then you need to download the Cerberus Network DLC (which is free, but not on-disc) to get the interactive comic which lets you pick how the backstory worked out.

If you're on 360 or PC then you need to play ME1. :P Or get a pre-set save from Mass Effect Saves. All new players should check that site out, actually, the Mass Effect Secret Santa stuff was amazing. Especially the colouring books.

I got my ME2 second hand from HMV, and it came with a Cerberus code but I never bothered loading it as assumed the previous owner would have used it. Based on your recommendation I gave it a shot on the off chance and it bloody worked!

Going to play again as a male, buck rodgers type good guy, rather than the uber bitch I played last time!

I got my ME2 second hand from HMV, and it came with a Cerberus code but I never bothered loading it as assumed the previous owner would have used it. Based on your recommendation I gave it a shot on the off chance and it bloody worked!

Going to play again as a male, buck rodgers type good guy, rather than the uber bitch I played last time!

GAH!!!! why did Bioware relegate Zaeed to DLC!! :angry:

I'm sure there are a few people who have just never bother with Cerberus Network.

Zaeed was always intended to be the reward for not buying secondhand, he was available from day 1 ala Shale from Dragon Age: Origins. It's also kinda funny that despite lacking conversation trees, he's probably got more dialogue than Archangel (well, if you play as Manshep, anyway). It was Kasumi who wasn't ready for inclusion until some time later.

Zaeed was meant to be in the game but they didn't have him done for Day 1 IIRC. Hopefully he'll be front and centre in the next one.

that can't be true, can it? Seeing as how (as part of EAs attempt at ruining 2nd hand sales of EA titles by issuing one-time-only DLC codes) the cerberus code was in the box on day one, right?

wasn't it?

unsure.gif

[edit]

Ah, 2 days later, lol!

Edited by SeanR

that can't be true, can it? Seeing as how (as part of EAs attempt at ruining 2nd hand sales of EA titles by issuing one-time-only DLC codes) the cerberus code was in the box on day one, right?

"By launch" usually means when the disks are printed, which can be up to four weeks before release.

It probably wasn't ready when the game went gold and they finished it off in those four weeks, to get it downloadable on Day 1.

"By launch" usually means when the disks are printed, which can be up to four weeks before release.

It probably wasn't ready when the game went gold and they finished it off in those four weeks, to get it downloadable on Day 1.

1057988-two_weeks_image_super.jpg

"Day 3"

wooop

everyone survived:

took mordin and jack with me

tali in the vents

had garrus lead the first team

miranda lead the second group

tali guard the crew

miranda lead the defence

Happy days, got arrival to do at some point but pretty happy with my me3 shep

The arrival:

I played through it with my post-endgame renegade femshep adept. I'd never really experimented with the freeze gun and biotics before, good times..

Second playthrough was with my goody two shoes soldier manshep. Got all the achievements this time, but imagine my surprise when instead of a reaper at the end I got a huge image of a collector! Turned out that I'd somehow used a pre-endgame save!

Just started this. I love the elevators on the new Normandy.

And just completed it. To be fair, I took a massive hiatus after Horizon. Fantastic game, just makes me want to do my renegade playthrough even more. My ending:

Everyone alive! Except the crew. Pissed about at the crash site and elsewhere after they were abducted. Whoops.

Sent Legion into the vents, the screen tells you he's the best tech guy so in he went. Garrus led all other teams, who else could? Sent Mordin back with the crew (a doctor in case they needed emergency medical help). Samura did the biotics, and took Tali and Jack with me to the final showdown (A tech, a soldier and a biotic). Woot etc