Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Vin

You know, when I was upgrading all the ships stuff for seemingly no reason I figured there must be some kind of Skies Of Arcadia style ship-to-ship battle coming up. Reading this thread I'm glad to see it did make a difference. Although I'm a bit suprised they haven't gone for that.

You know, when I was upgrading all the ships stuff for seemingly no reason I figured there must be some kind of Skies Of Arcadia style ship-to-ship battle coming up. Reading this thread I'm glad to see it did make a difference. Although I'm a bit suprised they haven't gone for that.

If the third one features it I will actually mess myself mid-game.

therearerules joins the Awesome Club. Except for getting the Kellyshake.

Let me check... Thane in the vents? No.

How do you stop a kellyshake, is it all based on that final run?

To be more precise:

You have to go through the Omega 4 relay immediately after the crew's kidnap. Don't do anything in between.

Oh; bugger

To be more precise:

You have to go through the Omega 4 relay immediately after the crew's kidnap. Don't do anything in between.

I did a loyalty mission in between and saved her. I think you can do one thing, and docking at planets like Ilium to buy stuff counts as a "thing".

Does anyone know anything about dlc not being compatible with old save games?

I'm trying to ready up my main (original) shep for importing to ME 3, but some dlc isn't loading in correctly, namely shadow broker and arrival.

In fact, upon trying to load the most recent save for that shep, it tells me shadow broker is missing. It bloody isn't.

Are you connected to Live when this problem occurs? I get it every time on the 360 if it's not connected, and have to turn the console off and then turn it back on all signed in to Live before re-loading ME2. Also, rather than just clicking 'resume game' or whatever it is, sometimes going into the actual load screen and choosing the latest save file from that sub-menu can make the game somehow remember that LotSB and all the rest are in fact there. Bloody annoying anyway, sympathies.

Nah, I meant the opposite. I only ever have the problem when I'm disconnected and have to faff around signing in to Live to get it to work. Not sure what to do if you're already connected, except maybe deleting and re-downloading all the DLC to see if it will recognise then.

Well, I've done it, finally got my Insanity stripe this morning with my infiltrator Shep.

Normally I can't be bothered with the challenge of the highest difficulty setting but my word its been fun. Every headshot swings the battle in my team's favour, every miss risks my squad being overwhelemed, and to get through it I need my team at the top of their game. Normally I don't really take advantage of heavy weapons but that M-920 Cain saved my skin twice;

On House Divided, I needed it to take out a squad of Geth Hunters before they minced my team, and that human reaper prototype just wanted a blast to the face.

Now I can savour Overlord and Shadow Broker before finally getting to grips with a Vanguard playthrough at some point.

After putting ten hours into Mass Effect 1, i gave up. Fucking hated it which pains me as i was really enjoying the story and characters. Too many cheap deaths left me screaming at the telly. I ALMOST didn't put Mass Effect 2 in, but everyone was telling me how much better it was.

I'm now fully in love. This is fucking excellent. Just got past the bit where

you meet up with Ash again

and it's just getting better and better. I'm enjoying the combat, the characters and loving how the story is progressing so far.

Also, i'm trying it on with every bit of skirt that comes my way, but i'm now boiling it down to Miranda and Kelly. Kelly seems alright but i bet she's a proper pain in the arse after sex, telling me what messages i've got and all that shit, where as Miranda can be a stuck up cow at times.

hmmm... i can see why everyone was telling me about the big decisions i have to make in this game.

After putting ten hours into Mass Effect 1, i gave up. Fucking hated it which pains me as i was really enjoying the story and characters. Too many cheap deaths left me screaming at the telly. I ALMOST didn't put Mass Effect 2 in, but everyone was telling me how much better it was.

and it's just getting better and better. I'm enjoying the combat, the characters and loving how the story is progressing so far.

Also, i'm trying it on with every bit of skirt that comes my way, but i'm now boiling it down to Miranda and Kelly. Kelly seems alright but i bet she's a proper pain in the arse after sex, telling me what messages i've got and all that shit, where as Miranda can be a stuck up cow at times.

hmmm... i can see why everyone was telling me about the big decisions i have to make in this game.

Give ME1 another go, the final section is fucking balls out amazing.

After putting ten hours into Mass Effect 1, i gave up. Fucking hated it which pains me as i was really enjoying the story and characters. Too many cheap deaths left me screaming at the telly.

Cheap deaths? I found it a little imbalanced near the start on my first go, but the combat gets easier as you get more powerful. You'll be unstoppable by the end.

Cheap deaths? I found it a little imbalanced near the start on my first go, but the combat gets easier as you get more powerful. You'll be unstoppable by the end.

That's the point though. The grind just seemed too steep. I tried to get through it, i really did. But it just got so frustrating that i started to question why the hell i was playing it in the first place.

You sir are givin up to soon. It's fucking good.

I do hope you are male Shepard.

COME AT ME RLLMUK!!

You sir are givin up to soon. It's fucking good.

I do hope you are male Shepard.

COME AT ME RLLMUK!!

Maybe, but i'm glad i moved on when i did to be honest.

Yes i'm a male Shepard but I somehow have created the worst looking thing in any video game ever. Are you ready for this. This is my Shepard:

n7thql.jpg

Argh, what the fuck was i thinking.

That's the point though. The grind just seemed too steep. I tried to get through it, i really did. But it just got so frustrating that i started to question why the hell i was playing it in the first place.

Throw the difficulty down to easy and romp through it. It's well worth it because you can import your save file into ME2 which can dramatically effect the plot.

And the big trac is awesome. Seriously...am I the only one who liked it? (The inventory system is abysmal, I was drowning in guns by endgame.)

Maybe, but i'm glad i moved on when i did to be honest.

Yes i'm a male Shepard but I somehow have created the worst looking thing in any video game ever. Are you ready for this. This is my Shepard:

n7thql.jpg

Argh, what the fuck was i thinking.

LOL at the CSI:New York av. (Besides fem shep or no shep for me.)

I didn't Mass Effect all that different from Mass Effect 2 and I played 2 first.

The story is well worth playing through in the first and then you have the added bonus of playing through with tour imported character which us a great touch.

I've just finished a insanity playthrough as an adept and on the whole I loved it. The added difficultly added slot to the game for me and if I play it through it again I'll likely player on one the higher levels.

Playing as a renegade is soooooo much more enjoyable too I feel, some ace quips and killing in cold blood moments ;)