Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Vin

Just out of interest, if I picked up a 2nd-hand copy of ME2 on the PS3, is the DLC already there, or was it one of those silly things which were only included if you buy the game from new? Sure, I've got it on the 360, but...well...I'm game to try these things on all platforms really :P

Well, just finished the Shadow Broker DLC.

Loved the profiles on my crew at the end, especially the Miranda dating logs. Things were a bit awkward ( as they should've been! ) running into Liara again as I'm now with Tali, it was well done though as there was definitely a feeling of 'ah, what might've been?'. DLC itself was alright, if it was the best of the bunch then I'm glad I skipped the others. I now find myself musing on my decision to give Cerberus the collector base at the end of ME2, it seems unanimous amongst my crew that it was a bad idea but I'm still ok with it - Cerberus were the only ones willing to take action while the alliance sat on its hands, and I couldn't see even the combined forces of the galaxy standing a chance against the reapers without a way to match their superior technology. So yeah, I stand by it. I just hope I didn't make a huge mistake. :D

I bought all the DLC last night and I'm starting my play through now. It was only as I was buying Bioware points I realised this is the first DLC I've actually bought as any I own all came in GOTY editions.

I also have the Monday and Tuesday following the release of ME3 booked off work :D

Well, after another very enjoyable play through of ME, I'm back in the saddle for the next exciting installments. I think I've timed it about right for its completion to go nicely into ME3. It'll also be nice to run through the Shadow Broker DLC again too...only played through that once. Also, despite myself Ive just picked up Arrival (had some spare points in the MS bank, so thought I might as well).

Anyone else think on the games like this (please don't say I'm the only one sad enough to do this):

ME is the big pilot episode, and ME2 is the high quality TV series? I love the way ME2 breaks things up nice and logically. It never fails to make me smile when

Normandy 2 comes along

Anyone else think on the games like this (please don't say I'm the only one sad enough to do this):

ME is the big pilot episode, and ME2 is the high quality TV series?

I'd say the original is the film, ME2 the follow-up TV series. But then, everyone knows I prefer the flawed sweep of the first to the more polished and episodic second - story-wise, at least.

Alex, your bruv did a roundup of ME2 DLC on the previous page. It's pretty solid in its recommendations.

Yeah, Cerberus Network gives you Crash Site, Zaeed and Firewalker. You'll also get the Arc Projector and some Cerberus Armouries weapons and armour. Everything else is extra but in total you're looking at £17 for the "good" DLC, which isn't too much (Kasumi and Overlord are £5 each, and you can probably hold off on Shadow Broker for a while at £8).

Only thing I slightly dislike about ME2 is the fact they tinkered with the walk speed - which means that you either have to strut (and my Shep likes to strut his stuff) incredibly slowly, or run everywhere.

Not cool.

Aside from that, all is good.

I might play this again, Im thinking about what my saves will carry forward, and one squad member from the me3 demo  in particular will be a bit pissed off with my philandering...

Alex you are in for a blast, this game made me feel excited as I was when I first watched Babylon 5 when I was 11. I want a spaceship. And hot alien chicks.