IGNORED

Kanye West is insane

Eats hoops and leaves

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainme...=22&sp=true

This was cut from VH1:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Hip-hop star Kanye West trashed Radiohead and said the public should give Chris Brown "a break," during a recent taping of VH1's "Storytellers."

But the comments will not make it to air when the episode premieres on the lifestyle cable network on Saturday.

The taping, which took place on February 13 at Sony Studios in Los Angeles, lasted three hours. The show's producers cut it to 90 minutes, after getting network approval to expand the episode from its usual one hour.

Some of West's choicer comments ended up on the cutting room floor, but there's no political conspiracy afoot, said executive producer Bill Flanagan.

"A lot of the stories that Kanye told went long," Flanagan told Reuters on Thursday. "I tried to get to the essence of his comments."

One of hip-hop's most intriguing and outspoken stars, West seems tailor-made for "Storytellers," in which artists play their songs in an intimate setting and share tidbits with audience about how they were written.

The idea behind "Storytellers" is that VH1 encourages the artist "to just keep talking," and producers in turn will "eliminate any 'gotcha' moments" that don't work, Flanagan said.

During the taping, according to a Reuters reporter, West was aggrieved that Radiohead singer Thom Yorke had allegedly snubbed him backstage at the Grammys five days earlier. That hurt, West told the audience, because he idolizes the British band, and considers it one of his few creative rivals.

"So when he performed at the Grammys, I sat the f--- down," West said.

A little later, West asked the crowd, "Can't we give Chris a break? ... I know I make mistakes in life." He was referring to R&B singer Chris Brown, who was arrested on the night of the Grammys on suspicion of beating his girlfriend Rihanna.

In the same context, West earned loud applause with his declaration: "Michael Jackson, amazing. Michael Phelps, amazing ... He's a real f---in' person; he makes mistakes," referring to the champion swimmer's recent bong pipe brouhaha.

VH1 has cleaned up those comments a bit, and it also included West's less-popular follow-up observation: "O.J. Simpson, amazing. Is he not? What he did, when he did, what he did. Was he not amazing though?"

In between his speeches, West found time to perform 14 songs. Some, such as "Go Hard" and "Street Lights," will not appear on the episode. The final set list combines older tunes like "Touch the Sky" and "Stronger," and tracks from his new album "808s and Heartbreak," including "Amazing" and "See You In My Nightmares."

Flanagan said he was "pretty delighted" with the way West opened up to the crowd and took the whole project seriously.

Next up for "Storytellers" is a taping with resurrected rock trio ZZ Top in Chicago in a couple of weeks, he said.

I was just getting into 808 and Heartbreak, too.

I think that beating the shit out of your girlfriend goes beyond a simple mistake as well.

What spaced said. You guys would read any headline and believe it.

This could be the headline:

KANYE WEST SAYS HE WANTS TO SUCK HITLERS COCK

And the actual quote would be: "Yeah, Hitler was a dick."

And you're all like, "KANYE WANTS TO SUCK HITLERS CUM OUT HIS COCK!!!"

Just a cunt. and over-rated, can't count the amount of times West has been called a genius and his albums "a masterpiece"

uhhh uhhh

uhhh uhhh

uhhh uhhh

uhhh uhhh

That's an intro to one of his tracks

So how much hip hop do you ACTUALLY listen to? He's an overrated cunt because he used the word 'uhhh' a few times at the start of one of his songs?

Does that also make Biggie Smalls an overrated cunt because he also liked to use 'uhhhs'?

So how much hip hop do you ACTUALLY listen to? He's an overrated cunt because he used the word 'uhhh' a few times at the start of one of his songs?

Does that also make Biggie Smalls an overrated cunt because he also liked to use 'uhhhs'?

Yeah, it does actually

Chuck D muthafucker! Public Enemy

Run DMC

Eric B and Rakim

NWA

Ice Cube

EPMD

I could go on, but Biggie is nowhere near.

In this thread

Kanye West VS. Thom Yorke

Clearly Thom Yorke would win because he is actually fucking talented. But whatever, the usual Hip-Hop Fanatics are out in full force. Unfortunately for them in this case, they're wrong. Kanye West is insane, comparing himself against Thom Yorke, oh dear.

There's a fair few parallels between the careers of Kanye West and Radiohead, actually. Producing three albums of hip-hop and rock and roll respectively, before turning to electronica for a new breath of life. The difference is, where as Radiohead quietly produced bona fide classic after bona fide classic, Kanye claimed his re-invention was because he'd outgrown his original style, really all his three albums proved was that one of the most talented producers yet most boring rappers in the industry should never have got behind the mic in the first place, and where as 808 & Heartbreak was supposed to define him as the artist of our generation, all it proved was that he'd finally lost it completely. Oh, and where as Radiohead got their own episode of South Park, Kanye West got his ass handed to him by Stephen Colbert.

You're calling Biggie Smalls an overrated cunt?

Go on, FUCK RIGHT OFF.

:) OLD SCHOOL vs NEW SKOOL

Definition of OLD SCHOOL

A purpose, a unified call to arms.

A message

A reason to exist as a musical art form

Definition of NEW SKOOL

How much money I have over what you have

How big my rims are

How I am going to shoot other black people who dis those other 2 points above

I feel sorry for you. Missing out on so much because you're a small-minded cunt.

Don't feel sorry for me. It doesn't change the fact the Biggie / Tupac / Puff etc are from a different generation to my heroes of rap and hip hop, which in my opinion were superior in so many ways. I was surprised by your response though.

Its going a bit off topic from Kanye Shite West, but if Minstrles says I am one, then I am most obviously a cunt. But it ain't going to change the fact, that Biggie was fucking overrated.

You win...now where is this cunts copy of "It takes a nation of millions..."?

I'm more in to my old school, but taking off the rose tinted spectacles there for a second, there were still plenty of guys back then who weren't in it for the art of it and were out to get paid. Wu-Tang were some cold business minded artists who raked in the shekels but made awesome stuff. You can do both. Also cats like Schooly D were rocking a gold rope and rapping about his Rolex and he's bare old school. I'd say your definitions are way off, man.