official EDGE issue 200 cover search thread

j.m.ratkos

issue 200 of Edge should turn up stateside in another 3-4 weeks. I'll keep my eye open and check out the border booksellers in my area (the only news agent the appears to import the magazine) and let everyone know which cover variations that I can procure if anyone is interested.

I'm kind of suprised (disappointed) that the earthbound or mario bros. (arcade) covers haven't revealed themselves anywhere (the no. 1 and 2 covers on my to find list) :(

my offer still stands for anyone who finds either of these covers to post them to me in the states.

WIthout wanting to sound like a total muppet which is the earthbound one? I'm in a variety of places over the next week so will keep a look out (not that I'm expecting to see anything interesting, mind, but I'll look anyhows).

After perousing the back page of Edge (I got a shitty Hyper Sports one delivered through the door if you're interested) I noticed there's a Streets of Rage cover. :(

I need this! Anyone?!?!? Help me. ^_^ I can pay through paypal.

I searched 15 newsagents and found 4 of the covers I wanted (see pic) Donkey kong, Mr Game & watch, Marco Rossi & silent hill 2. Found saw lots of the killer 7 cover at asda southhampton but didnt get it.

3372721591_3020276e6d.jpg

Guess I lucked out with my newsie :( That newsie being Chadwick's Newsagent, Bollington, Macclesfield, Cheshire.

photo19f.jpg

Salford Royal Hospital's McColls newsie has a Game N Watch cover in.

Is that cover still available? If so could you PM me as I'm after that one ^_^ .

I have searched more WH Smith stores than is healthy to look for the following covers: New Zealand Story, Beyond Good & Evil, Rainbow Islands, Dead Space, Advance Wars.

So far however, no luck. I only really want one of any of these. If anyone has seen any of the above, and doesn't mind sending me one in return for PayPal remuneration, I would be eternally grateful.

In the meantime, here is the cover for Edge #201. Looks good.

edgecover201edition.png

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Free sweets!

Maybe they ran out of LBP covers? Actually that was a question I had: if they printed 200 copies of the 199 non sub covers how many people are on their subs list for them to print LBP covers? Surely that make it L@@k not RARE!!11!one etc

((which I mainly ask because the only cover on ebay that I saw was the lbp one - arguably not the best ;P - for £10 plus £3 shipping :( ))

After perousing the back page of Edge (I got a shitty Hyper Sports one delivered through the door if you're interested) I noticed there's a Streets of Rage cover. :(

I need this! Anyone?!?!? Help me. :( I can pay through paypal.

There was one in my local Tesco's on the weekend it's been there since last week so I guess it will be there next week - PM me on Friday and I'll check if it's still there if it is I'll pick it up.

Anyone found an Advance Wars or Ikaruga yet?

ikaruga has been found (MA7 nabbed me a copy) :(

no sign of advance wars or earthbound yet (covers on my "to find" list)

after going through all 200 covers from the CVG site (beginning and ending links below), it's amazing how nice some covers look, while how shit others do.

and it isn't just the limited resolution of the pixel art ones that do them an injustice, but rather the ineptness of somemone merely sticking the 8x16 sprite or piece of supplied art on a blank slate and calling it a day. (doom, izzy, bub & bob, final fantasy IV sprites and zelda OoT character artwork I'm referring to you!)

cover no. 1 (just keeping add '1' to the image no. to get to cover 200)

cover no. 200