Charlie Brooker's Newswipe

Twyford

The writer applies his acerbic wit to the past 12 months in news and TV, from the Chilean miners to the general election, Sherlock to The Only Way Is Essex. With contributions from Doug Stanhope, Grace Dent and Nick Davies,

Hooray!

and poetry by Tim Key.

Boo.

I thought it was fine. Made me laugh, made me angry and sad. Good Brooker. Been a pretty bloated year all things considered and to squeeze it into an hour can't have been easy. The Dawn washing-up liquid rant hit home, the Haiti earthquake coverage was as faith-draining as it felt at the time and a good amount of time was spent on the ludicrous Raoul Moat angles.

No, he's right about Glee. It is a programme that purports to being about outcasts, regardless of the fact that half of the characters are cheerleaders and the other half are mysteriously clean-cut. He isn't wrong about it, it's a criticism.

He was on about the entire Glee troupe being full of misfits and unpopular kids forgetting that it was half filled with cheerleaders and football players.

That's fucking unforgivable, you should write him a strongly-worded letter, emphasiging key points using CAPITAL LETTERS and bold type. Maybe some itallics and underlining too.

Also i thought this one was really disappointing, although I'm sure that is mostly to do with it being a rehash of previous shows this year. Stanhope was rubbish for the first time so far, quite unfocussed and not actually funny, and Barry Shitpeas was overused although he had a couple of amazing lines.

Also Brooker is almost as wrong about Glee as he is about Total Wipeout.

'The cast of a 30s horror film' , 101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow Nuremberg and the face appearing at the bottom of the Chilean mineshaft tthings were great mind.

Some great moments here and there but what I love most about this show is it highlights absurd moments that would otherwise be left under the carpet forever. Most bizarre one was something on 'the one show'? or something where they had a politician playing table tennis while being asked questions such as 'Eastenders or Coronation Street?', I mean WHAT THE FUCK??? It's like something Alan partridge or Chris Morris would have come up with. Oh and some other BBC show that had the guy from the awful pineapple dance studios show to talk about his views on the election even though he clearly knew nothing about it and admitted to never actually electing in his life. Mental.

Surely the issue is that the Pineapple Dance prick was given the opportunity to present his opinions as something of value? He doesn't try to conceal his ignorance or his unsuitability but someone still thought to give him a slot on the o