rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
toonfool

The Wire - BBC2

Season 4 was absolutely brilliant. The best I've seen so far, without doubt.

It was indeed a bit depressing though, especially the end. It was a good move having Prez the Teacher, that's for sure. And as for Micheal and his 'sudden' change, I suppose they might be able to explain that away with the whole Dad thing. I imagine something like that can have a very drastic effect on people.

One of the highlights of S4 for me was simply when Carcetti went around the different offices, for waste/water/utilities whatever and told them that 'something' needed doing, but no location, so they'd get off their arses and run around sorting stuff out. It gave a proper sense of what he's about.

I didn't think much of the first episode of Season 5, but then, they all start off quite slow IIRC.

One of the highlights of S4 for me was simply when Carcetti went around the different offices, for waste/water/utilities whatever and told them that 'something' needed doing, but no location, so they'd get off their arses and run around sorting stuff out. It gave a proper sense of what he's about.

They certainly made a big effort to make Carcetti a more likeable character than in Season 3.

Is there any chance we can change the title to Season 5, and allow 'spoilers' for up to and including the latest episode on BBC?

Because let's face it, you have to be fucking stupid to come into a thread about a TV show, now on Season 5 on BBC2, and not expect plot/character discussion. You probably deserve to have it spoilt if you read through this thread having not seen an episode to be honest.

Well of course. Every time we've moved onto a new season and the subtitle hasn't been changed, we've still talked about the BBC episodes of the new season.

Ok cool. The no spoilers rule applies to those who have seen every season. Silly me :D

I was sad to see Bodie go. He might be a murdering drug dealer, but they managed to make him likeable in S4.

And how intimidating is Chris? He's not even that big or scary looking really, it's probably because you know what's coming when he's around. Snoop annoys the shit out of me though, but then, I'll let her off - didn't she do that awesome ride by with a Glock back in S3 (I think it was S3 anyway)? She was sat on the back of that motorbike and let off like 20 rounds at Poot and them.

Sorry, I keep forgetting to change the subtitle. That's two seasons in a row that Ross has had to poke me about it. Sorry!

Sorry, I keep forgetting to change the subtitle. That's two seasons in a row that Ross has had to poke me about it. Sorry!

I just don't want some poor fecker coming into the thread, and seeing massive spoilers, such as McNulty going back to his good old self (he's such a fucking pimp) :(

Season 5 is probably my favourite after Season 2, which is the GOD OF ALL SEASONS OF ANYTHING.

You Wire fans have nothing to fear. It's all sweet.

Season 5 is probably my favourite after Season 2, which is the GOD OF ALL SEASONS OF ANYTHING.

You Wire fans have nothing to fear. It's all sweet.

I agree with all of this.

Christ I wish someone would just put a bullet in bubbles scruffy fucking head. I can't believe he is still in it. So fucking annoying.

• Downvote 2

Christ I wish someone would just put a bullet in bubbles scruffy fucking head. I can't believe he is still in it. So fucking annoying.

Get the fuck out.

:lol:

What? How can you not love the bubs?

Bubbles should have his own show. In fact I'd love a Bubs video game. It could start off with a freeroaming representation of west Baltimore, where you have to play detective to find information on crimes and drug deals to sell to Kima, then a trading section much like the trading in Chinatown Wars, and then a sequence of boss battles with that guy who keeps mugging him in Season 4.

Bubbles should have his own show. In fact I'd love a Bubs video game. It could start off with a freeroaming representation of west Baltimore, where you have to play detective to find information on crimes and drug deals to sell to Kima, then a trading section much like the trading in Chinatown Wars, and then a sequence of boss battles with that guy who keeps mugging him in Season 4.

Pre-ordered.

Marlow is one of the greatest and most ruthlessly evil villains ever conceived.

I didn't notice the first time around that one of the homeless guys under the bridge in tonight's episode was Johnny the stevedore from season 2.

I knew I recognized him from somewhere and for the love of god I couldn't place him.

Good spot!

i think im an episode or two ahead of BBC, so i wont spoil anything but all ill say is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :(

I had to tell a colleague today that Snoop is female. She couldn't believe it.

I couldn't see it myself. She's obviously a bit butch but I would never have mistaken her for a bloke.

To be fair, she did have a hell of a lot of people confused. Was S5 the first time it was explicitly made clear she was female?