rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

Max Payne 3 - Join the crew!

Join the Rllmuk crew:

http://socialclub.ro...com/crew/rllmuk

"Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence," is the first info we've received.

If you're new to the world of Payne, the game puts you in the role of Max, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. "The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction," Rockstar adds.

We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

The release continues: "Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out."

No longer set in New York, Ill be interested to see where they go with this.

moving the story of Max in a new direction...

...we experience the downward spiral of his life

Hmmmmmm...

No longer set in New York, Ill be interested to see where they go with this.

San Francisco?! :ph34r:

Sorry. :)

Oh man oh man *hyperventilates*

Please go back to the style of the first one! Please be the next-gen version of the first game, with fully interactive environments, a heavy physics base and lush visuals!

I need to have a drink.

Good point Adam, Wanted is basically Max Payne, but with the ability to bend the bullets. How will Max Payne 3 trump it I wonder?

Yeah I know. Max Payne 3 I mean honestly who cares. I think when Wanted Weapons of Fate finally comes out Rockstar will realize they have to go back to the drawing board. I can see myself playing Max Payne 3 and thinking "I wish I could bend bullets".

Yeah I know. Max Payne 3 I mean honestly who cares. I think when Wanted Weapons of Fate finally comes out Rockstar will realize they have to go back to the drawing board. I can see myself playing Max Payne 3 and thinking "I wish I could bend bullets".

:)

The Wanted game is good? The demo was gash on a plate.

That was just a trick. Unlike most developers they didn't just stick the best bit in the demo. What lies beyond the demo is something that will revolutionize games forever. I bet when Rockstar release Max Payne 4 that even that will not be as innovative as Wanted : Weapons of Fate. This is why Rockstar has held Max Payne 3 back, it's been in development for ages but they wanted to wait so it gives a chance for gamers to forget about Wanted : Weapons of Fate. If they were released closer to each other Max Payne 3 would of been ignored.

Bending bullets is bullshit. You shoot people in the fucking face, like a man. Maybe you do a jump-dodge.

John Woo spits on Wanted.

Welcome back, Max.

But in truth, after the rubbish sequel, i'm not sure I hold out much hope of this approaching the brilliance of the original. Unless Remedy recognize that they threw out most of what made it any good.

Max Payne 2 has to be one of my biggest gaming disappointments of all time.

That was just a trick. Unlike most developers they didn't just stick the best bit in the demo. What lies beyond the demo is something that will revolutionize games forever. I bet when Rockstar release Max Payne 4 that even that will not be as innovative as Wanted : Weapons of Fate. This is why Rockstar has held Max Payne 3 back, it's been in development for ages but they wanted to wait so it gives a chance for gamers to forget about Wanted : Weapons of Fate. If they were released closer to each other Max Payne 3 would of been ignored.

:)

Bending bullets is bullshit. You shoot people in the fucking face, like a man. Maybe you do a jump-dodge.

John Woo spits on Wanted.

Welcome back, Max.

But in truth, after the rubbish sequel, i'm not sure I hold out much hope of this approaching the brilliance of the original. Unless Remedy recognize that they threw out most of what made it any good.

Max Payne 2 has to be one of my biggest gaming disappointments of all time.

Gotta disagree with you there. I only played the Max Payne games recently (9 months ago) and I found Max Payne 2 to be an order of magnitude better than Max Payne 1. The sequel clears up loads of the gameplay issues, particularly realising that the bullet time stuff is what everyone wants so it recharges automatically and the game structures itself around that rather than expecting you to do lots of the combat 'normally'.

Is that Max? Looks like a tramp.

It's such a cliche, when your franchise hero gets to their 3rd or 4th game give em a beard. Splinter Cell / MGS4 etc. Wanted : Weapons of fate however brings us a character design that is much more mysterious and compelling.

wesley-cross--article_image.jpg

So are they ignoring the supposedly "proper" happy ending of Payne 2?

I thought Max Payne 2 was really good.

edit: from that concept art, looks like they're combining it with manhunt 3.

Gotta disagree with you there. I only played the Max Payne games recently (9 months ago) and I found Max Payne 2 to be an order of magnitude better than Max Payne 1. The sequel clears up loads of the gameplay issues, particularly realising that the bullet time stuff is what everyone wants so it recharges automatically and the game structures itself around that rather than expecting you to do lots of the combat 'normally'.

URRRGH, get away from me.

The first game doesn't have any ''gameplay issues''. The slow mo....you're missing the point. Try to imagine a John Woo film taking place entirely in slow motion. No. It's that snap-to, that rhythm that flows from the violent, harsh punch of real-time, all reverbing gunshots and sawn-off shotguns going off in people's faces, to the graceful kinetic ballet of the backwards shoot-dodge, pulled off with a milisecond to spare just after you spot a sweating gangster pop out of the doorway next to you, the deadly metallic spew of his 12-guage speeding just past your shoulder, where your chest was just a moment ago.

It's all about that.

The slow mo in MP2 is wildly inferior, the guns sound weak as piss, the rag-doll physics makes shooting people feel fucking retarded at times, the script seems to have become a mockery of Max Payne itself and the new mechanic almost entirely just misses the point of the thing. What a let-down.

• Upvote 1

She was dead. But it was alright.

Tears in my fuckin' eyes.

No no, the "proper" ending, after you finish it on hard.

She was alive, but it was alright

URRRGH, get away from me.

The first game doesn't have any ''gameplay issues''. The slow mo....you're missing the point. Try to imagine a John Woo film taking place entirely in slow motion. No. It's that snap-to, that rhythm that flows from the violent, harsh punch of real-time, all reverbing gunshots and sawn-off shotguns going off in people's faces, to the graceful kinetic ballet of the backwards shoot-dodge, pulled off with a milisecond to spare just after you spot a sweating gangster pop out of the doorway next to you, the deadly metallic spew of his 12-guage speeding just past your shoulder, where your chest was just a moment ago.

It's all about that.

I agree with you in principle (and certainly for a film) but just didn't find it as fun as MP2.

The slow mo in MP2 is wildly inferior, the guns sound weak as piss, the rag-doll physics makes shooting people feel fucking retarded at times, the script seems to have become a mockery of Max Payne itself and the new mechanic almost entirely just misses the point of the thing. What a let-down.

Don't agree with any of that, particularly the script - Max Payne 1 is filled with borderline parody, but in MP2 the less serious lines are shoved into the TV shows, such as the Dick Justice thing which is a mockery of Max Payne. The incredibly over-the-top noir stuff is toned down for the sequel's main plot and I was happy as hell to have a more down-to-earth storyline than the super-soldier-hallucination-drug-conspiracy of MP1.

Still liked MP1. But not as much as MP2.