IGNORED

Max Payne 3 - Join the crew!

The Mighty Ash

It's Rockstar. They knew they'd get some 10's on the studio name alone.

I'm honestly not trying to be snide here, it's just something that happens. I will say that going by reviews alone is something that should be avoided - as No Substance helpfully pointed out, Binary Domain's got an average of 74 on metacritic despite being completely brilliant.

Amazing that devs can't get stuff like this right by now. Especially big studios with loads of resources.

I wouldn't say it's wise to take any of those points too seriously until you play it for yourself. If there's one thing that's always very divisive it's the difficulty of a game and how hard you personally find it.

I wouldn't say it's wise to take any of those points too seriously until you play it for yourself. If there's one thing that's always very divisive it's the difficulty of a game and how hard you personally find it.

True.

Bad checkpoints, difficulty spikes, bullet sponge enemies are some of my pet hates, though.

If the game grabs me I tend to overlook it. But I just find that often I can't be bothered playing stuff that get, what I consider basics by now, wrong.

True.

Bad checkpoints, difficulty spikes, bullet sponge enemies are some of my pet hates, though.

If the game grabs me I tend to overlook it. But I just find that often I can't be bothered playing stuff that get, what I consider basics by now, wrong.

I can certainly understand it and things like that I could easily see as annoying. But for example take the bullet sponge enemies point mentioned, I've seen people claim you can take them out in 2 headshots at the most. Could be bullshit but then you never know.

It's not THAT good, it's a forum darling. 74 is about right.

Wrong. It IS that good.

It's not THAT good, it's a forum darling. 74 is about right.

Wrong. It IS tha... oh. Beaten. :(

It's a forum darling that's also become my favourite TPS, so I kinda land on the forum side on this one. :D

I was kinda hoping Lovefilm would send Max Payne 3 out this week, but they sent some older requests instead. I've been lucky with some new releases before.

marmite games, i couldnt get past the voice acting in binary domain it made me want to hammer cocktail sticks under my fingernails

Curious. The voice acting was entirely awesome, with the possible exception of Big Bo in the training level.

Wait. The demo for Binary Domain was awful. The actual game's good?

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/235676-binary-domain-debut-teaser/page__st__390

A thread chock-full of love. Skim through it.

It's derailing the thread a wee bit from old Maxwold Payne, so I'll just say that it's very worthwhile buying Binary Domain. Many of the people in that thread can't say enough good things about it, and I love it to bits.

I can certainly understand it and things like that I could easily see as annoying. But for example take the bullet sponge enemies point mentioned, I've seen people claim you can take them out in 2 headshots at the most. Could be bullshit but then you never know.

Guess I'll have to try it out then ^_^

I have to say that it is rather disappointing if what Eurogamer says is true:

Enemies hurl grenades in your direction to force you out of cover, but you don't get grenades of your own.

Throwing a grenade then going into slow-mo to watch your enemies go flying gracefully through the air was a something I always enjoyed in the first game.

Lots of positive impressions on GAF from people playing it. Apparently the Dutch street date has been broken by some, so I'll go on a hunt during my lunch break. Bank holiday tomorrow, would be cool if I could spend the day playing this.

Wait. The demo for Binary Domain was awful. The actual game's good?

It seems, according to the rllmuk hive mind...every demo to every game is awful and not "representative" of the final game.

...every demo!

"The demo totally put me off", "The actual game is nothing like the demo"...etc.

Binary Domain is excellent. One of the better 3rd person shooters.

My opinion of it lies somewhat between the hyperbole of the rllmuk thread and the kicking it got via reviews, in a lot of ways it's a better game than any of the Gears or Uncharted games.

Certainly one of the best things I've played this year.